Update on Droideka in Phase 3 of the Sith Triumvirate Raid [MEGA] [MERGE]

Prev1345
crzydroid
7283 posts Moderator
edited March 2019
DEV POST
CG_SBCrumb wrote: »

Hi Holotable Heroes,

We became aware last Friday that Droideka was dealing huge amounts of damage in Phase 3 of the Sith Triumvirate Raid and said we would follow up this week when we have time to fully investigate.

It appears that when a unit uses Stand Alone, instead of setting allies’ speed to 0, Traya is actually setting it to something closer to -900,000. This means when a Separatist ally uses Stand Alone while Droideka has Damage Immunity, it has a 35% Chance to assist, and will deal a ton of damage as Droideka’s Attack Damage is based on the difference in speed. Droideka is also assisting before the debuff that prevents assists as the assist activates the moment a Separatist ally uses an ability.

Why -900,000 speed? Well here’s a bit of back story from the developers: When we initially created Stand Alone we wanted to future proof the effect against any possible speed increases so characters couldn’t accidentally gain turn meter. At the time, we decided subtracting 900,000 from a unit’s speed should be more than enough to stop a unit even if they had a crazy amount of speed, buffs, mods or some new feature we hadn’t devised yet.

To be clear, this is an unintended interaction and the plan is to change Droideka to no longer account for speeds under 0. Traya in the Sith Raid will remain unchanged but Droideka will no longer be dealing incredibly high damage in this circumstance. This should minimize the impact to both characters and allow Droideka to keep his unique way of dealing damage.

We will let you know exact details as we get closer to launching this fix. The current plan is to add it to the next release but this is subject to change based on testing and any new issues we encounter.

DEV POST
Post edited by crzydroid on

Replies

• aperingo
    173 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    I would think the new CG suggested ideal team to use along with reworked Greivous should have been tested on the only raid devs care enough to Nerf all teams that create infinit loops or have a non intended mechanics to easily beat a phase

This one is not even tricky you just need to stand alone with GG and Droideka will assist... so I really don’t know why this wasn’t caught before releasing it...

Post edited by Kyno on
  • Bulldog1205
    3573 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    You’d think this would hve been thoroughly tested. My very first thought when I saw Droideka was “Ooh, damage immunity, how can I exploit that in the raids?” You’d think this bug would have popped up during that testing.
  • LOL... Really CG? We know you’re super bad at QA testing stuff but you’re reaching new grounds here. Good luck to those who are pouring money into Darth Revan/Malak/whatever, have fun playing the « will he get nerfed? » game.
  • Just more evidence on the Himalayan sized mound of it that this team was never properly tested before being hyped and thrust upon an unsuspecting playerbase.
  • It is a bug that causes the droideka phase 3 solo. When a character uses stand alone, all other characters are suppressed and set to 0 speed. Droideka does more damage based on how large the speed difference is between him and his target, and him being at 0 breaks it. The bug is that droideka is assisting when he should be suppressed.
  • What a surprise, they don't know how to test anything
  • Based on this amazing new development, i am now a strong believer in the idea of C3Po never being tested in the raid as well. Untested content creates an issue and tested, well working content gets a nerf instead. Players getting punished for mistakes of devs. The ZFinn zeta has to be refunded.
  • Droideka wrote: »
    It is a bug that causes the droideka phase 3 solo. When a character uses stand alone, all other characters are suppressed and set to 0 speed. Droideka does more damage based on how large the speed difference is between him and his target, and him being at 0 breaks it. The bug is that droideka is assisting when he should be suppressed.

The weird thing is he does 1% more damage per every 1 speed differential. So it must not be setting him to 0 speed. It must be setting him to -10k speed or something...
  • I feel like the calculation is based off the ratio of enemy speed to droideka speed rather than the difference. So it’s taking Traya’s speed and dividing it by 0, which of course is undefined
  • I'm not sure CG does ANY testing, I think they let the player base be their beta testers.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • Vos_Landeck
    1666 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    LOL....he won't require a "rework".....they just have to make sure his speed is calculated at 1 during stand alone for the raid. It's a pretty easy fix.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Droideka wrote: »
    It is a bug that causes the droideka phase 3 solo. When a character uses stand alone, all other characters are suppressed and set to 0 speed. Droideka does more damage based on how large the speed difference is between him and his target, and him being at 0 breaks it. The bug is that droideka is assisting when he should be suppressed.

The weird thing is he does 1% more damage per every 1 speed differential. So it must not be setting him to 0 speed. It must be setting him to -10k speed or something...

There are other malechanics they use to do this, rather than push a value to 0, they use a huge negative number, so they dont need to know the exact number for the calculation. This is done with tenacity down. They may be doing something like this when stand aline is active, making his speed a huge negative number.
  • Pay wall testing at its finest
  • SnakesOnAPlane
    4363 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    “But but I paid $400 for him to insta-solo P3!”

:D:D:D

(I’m referring to the player base complaints that’ll soon arise, not me).
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • The ‘set the speed to 1’ seems like a reasonable solution, but with the experience of the past ‘fixes’ it is always a Nerf on some toon rather than changing the STR mechanics
  • I don't get why the minimum testing is not the intended team against the meta and then all 3 raids.

I'd argue all faction leaderships with new characters too
  • Droideka
    615 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    ShaggyB wrote: »
    I don't get why the minimum testing is not the intended team against the meta and then all 3 raids.

I'd argue all faction leaderships with new characters too
    Not even all 3 raids. They only care about the sith raid.

In fact, not even the whole Sith raid, just test it against p3, since that is where all of the problems arise.
  • It’s like every new toon that comes breaks phase 3 of the sith raid. Why do they keep nerfing toons and not just admit their raid is the problem? @CG_SBCrumb @CG_Carrie
  • It’s like every new toon that comes breaks phase 3 of the sith raid. Why do they keep nerfing toons and not just admit their raid is the problem? @CG_SBCrumb @CG_Carrie

Great question
  • But...but...."extensive internal testing". CG said they do it - it MUST be true.

But I understand. I mean, it's not like they've ever had issues with characters having unexpected issues with the Sith Raid before. :|
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • A co-worker got into it with our boss once for starting a conversation with “What DO you do?”

Hey @CG_Carrie, What do you all do?! Seriously, it’s a fair and balanced question. How does the keep happening? Don’t ever say anything about “internal testing”, it’s garbage and a lie. This is so simple, put all the new toons in each mode and see if they break it. This instance isn’t even some niche thing. Good grief!
    Ooba hutar.
  • John_Matrix1985
    2276 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    This should be good

• AleSahnDroh_1979
    950 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    As someone suggested in another conversation.... cancel P3 of Sith Raid! This will solve all problems.
  • Following.
  • Can’t mess with revan or p3 Sith. Thembe the golden children of cg
  • Also I just looked at Carrie’s comment on reddit- and now they want to put bullet points for YouTube vids? @scuba ahead again! Lol
  • Ultra
    11491 posts Moderator
    Droideka wrote: »
    Yeah, most likely they'll prevent the assist when Stand Alone is activated but this is still laughable that this got through seeing as the litmus test for whether a toon is OP or needs a nerf is P3 of the Sith Raid for over a year now and this doesn't take much effort to pull off
  • crzydroid
    7283 posts Moderator
    The bug here is that he can assist while supressed. Chewbacca doesn't assist when supressed.
  • DuneSeaFarmer
    3525 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    One word springs to mind.. "ooops". I wonder how much longer they can justify blaming whatever hero skill etc, instead of shutting down the Sith Raid. I think with each issue (And they are starting to pile up) they get perilously close to reaching the inevitable question of "Is the raid worth this constant barage of upset, and endless hero reworking?" Survey says: "No".
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    One word springs to mind.. "ooops". I wonder how much longer they can justify blaming whatever hero skill etc, instead of shutting down the Sith Raid. I think with each issue (And they are starting to pile up) they get perilously close to reaching the inevitable question of "Is the raid worth this constant barage of upset, and endless hero reworking?" Survey says: "No".
    Constant barrage of hero reworking?

So far, we've had...

Zombie. And paper zombie was a problem in her own right independent of the raid.

Acolyte. A rework purely for the Sith raid.

Finn. Not landed yet, but I'll count it. But zFinn is a problem in his own right independent of the raid.

ST Han/Bonds interaction was not a rework. Reducing expose damage was not a rework. Fixing this glitch will not be a rework.

So unless I'm missing anything, that's three in a year. Only one of them purely because of the Sith raid.
    Still not a he.