Are 7* toons mandatory for CLS event?

I'm really looking forward to next CLS event so working on my current Rebel toons as much as I can:
Princess Leia 6*
STHan 6*
Luke (Farmboy) 6*
R2 6*
Old Ben 6*

Can I unlock the event and get 5 or 6 shards CLS, or do I need to collect all 7*s for these characters and gear them up as it is mandatory?

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• It's a Hero's Journey type event, you need 7* to unlock.
    Legendaries require 5*, journeys 7*.
  • Thanks, understood. Keep working on it :)

Do you have suggestion on gear lvl's once all necessary toons are 7*?

P.S.: If I remember well, R2-D2 event is always schedule a few days before the CLS event, is it correct?
  • The gear needed is G8, but then you will need MK5 modifiers with a lot of speed. If the set is correct it also makes it easier.
    Read: Critical Damage and Critical Chance
    Luke: Critical Chance x 3
    R2: Speed
    Han ST: Defense or Health
    Old Ben: Health
  • R2-D2s event is usually scheduled at the same time as CLS event.

I've gotten all of my toons to G9 and 7*, with the exception of R2D2 (took him to G10) and unlocked CLS. Just make sure you get R2D2s Zeta, Number Crunch. It's a very helpful Zeta, plus R2D2 can be used with other squads down the road, like JTR.

Make sure you maximize the mods on each toon based off their strengths. Def and Health for SHan, Old Ben. Crit on Leia and Farmboy. I threw junk on R2 and didn't have much issues.
  • Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    You don't need zetas for the CLS event. Obviously Number Crunch is excellent and helps elsewhere but if you have a zeta ready, save it for IBAT on CLS instead. It's better.

G8 across the board with excellent speed and proper mods (+60 and higher)
    G9 across the board with decent speed (+50 and below) and all health sets if lacking in others

The only one I would recommend taking to G9 purely for the event itself is ST Han. He takes an absolute beating in the final Tier. The extra protection makes it so much easier.
  • Thanks guys! There's not much left to get 7* for all of them.
    I know that sounds stupid, but is there any estimation on the next CLS event? Hope I don't need to wait for 5-6 months
  • They're every 3 months (about 100 days on average) so the next one should be in about 6-7 weeks.