Nest counters?

Goble57
99 posts Member
edited February 2019
Not on the forums too much except to check on updates, so sorry if this was asked recently (I also don’t have time to look. Again, sorry if this is a repeat). Anyway, anyone know strong counters to nest? The bot my discord has had nothing for us. I know stuns, but didn’t know if anyone had some specific characters they liked using.

Replies

• DN usually does the job
  • Revan teams destroy Nest, everyone has had plenty of time to get him the second time around. If you want to save your Revan for mirror matches though, Nihilus works just as well since he doesn't care how much protection gets stacked up.
  • DaPowerfulJedi
    3185 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Nihilus can one shot her, and JKR can quickly reduce her max health. If you can’t or don’t want to use one of those two, characters with stun and daze will work well to prevent her from counter attacking. Don’t use characters with TMR such as Han and CLS or else she’ll never take a turn and won’t lose her bonus protection.
  • HK666
    1263 posts Member
    Revan and DN are the best counters, already mentioned

Sass and Savage can take her down. Sass will do max health damage, and Savage can execute from 50% health. If the team that surrounds Nest is too good, this won't work tho.

Keep in mind that most teams can beat Nest, they just have to play smart. One or two big hits, then let her take a turn. Stun and daze recommended
  • Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    As long as she isn't faster, and again depending on the team around her, FO make quick work. 2-turn stun, tenacity down, massive damage, additional stun from regular Kylo too once KRU's wears off. Usually with your TM gains you just use KRU to keep her perpetually stunned. Just don't use FOE special or FOO's 2nd special and you're good.

I see her frequently as an add-on on Jango BH teams as she gets the speed boost for Scoundrels from his lead. Makes her critical to stun on the opening. It's the only time I pass a turn to KRU off the bat instead of OG.
  • Really anyone can beat Nest, but there is a secret to attacking her. Attack her every round with a big hit once and then ignore her until she moves again. One attack, ignore. You have to start early in the battle. After she goes 3-5 times, she will die. People get in trouble by leaving her until last. You have to peck away at her over whole battle. Then she is pretty easy.

And I didnt see mentioned: Embo's kick can kill her in one hit at full health, but that requires his contract and is risky by waiting so long.
  • This all helps a ton. Thanks!
  • HK666 wrote: »

Sass and Savage can take her down. Sass will do max health damage, and Savage can execute from 50% health. If the team that surrounds Nest is too good, this won't work tho.

Keep in mind that most teams can beat Nest, they just have to play smart. One or two big hits, then let her take a turn. Stun and daze recommended

Who is sass? Couldn’t figure it out by character list
  • Goble57 wrote: »
    HK666 wrote: »

Who is sass? Couldn’t figure it out by character list

Sass = Sith Assassin
  • Visas can also be used with SA Savage.

Also, plague eat there well
    TW/GA Counters Bot - https://discord.gg/jZH44Hb | Discord: SidiousIsPikachu#5768
  • If you don't have Revan or split jedi you can also use zEzra under Bastila, but again are at the whims of turn order (and her health steal ramps up against jedi because of all of the buffs).

Nest Under Q'ira is one of the most useful GA / TW pairs. A high tenacity Nest can easily beat a team that doesn't have a big damage dealer (e.g. used mine to beat G12 jedi under GK - lots of defense, not a lot of offense - expose will get you eventually).
  • Visas piercing strike and SA is really good! visas hits very hard

I would recommend a modded aayla, op stuns keep nest protection resetting so you can do a big hit, even her B ablility will take out nest without protection
  • Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Crit chance and potency on Aayla and she throws stuns like a T-shirt cannon. She's pretty under-rated.
  • Vendi1983 wrote: »
    Crit chance and potency on Aayla and she throws stuns like a T-shirt cannon. She's pretty under-rated.

love this
  • Anything with a daze and stun on 1 team is a counter to Nest.

You can still risk doing AoE and never fear for Nests counter attack due to daze and after every stun ends you can do a big hit on Nest. Rinse and repeat until she's dead

For example... with JTR I r2d2 stun nest, bb8 basic for daze. Kill the rest of the team and big hit nest out of stun... stun nest again and bb8 daze. Rinse and repeat.
  • Anything with a daze and stun on 1 team is a counter to Nest.

You can still risk doing AoE and never fear for Nests counter attack due to daze and after every stun ends you can do a big hit on Nest. Rinse and repeat until she's dead

For example... with JTR I r2d2 stun nest, bb8 basic for daze. Kill the rest of the team and big hit nest out of stun... stun nest again and bb8 daze. Rinse and repeat.

If you stun a character, dazing them afterward is superflous (assuming the daze is a 1 turn duration).
  • One or the other. Not both. It's wasted.
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    Boba fett says hi nest
  • Nest says "Hi Boba, I love your helmet!" :D
  • I love that the answer to any question is annihilate.
  • Certain questions have certain answers every time:

BH problem? Bossk
    Can't kill someone? Nihilus
    Taunting/buff problem? Thrawn
  • Fanatic wrote: »
    Anything with a daze and stun on 1 team is a counter to Nest.

If you stun a character, dazing them afterward is superflous (assuming the daze is a 1 turn duration).

Can you not gain bonus TM from abilities like EP lead when stunned?
  • Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Correct, stun doesn't prevent TM gain outside of regular amounts. Daze does.

Nest doesn't have that mechanic (yet...) So doing both doesn't matter on her.

Edit - yes she gains 40% from kinetite charge, but that's prevented by ability block or stun. I meant moreso a leadership ability or other character unique that would grant her bonus TM.
  • Fanatic
    415 posts Member
    VonZant wrote: »
    Fanatic wrote: »
    Anything with a daze and stun on 1 team is a counter to Nest.

Can you not gain bonus TM from abilities like EP lead when stunned?

TM gain for Nest isn't typically a problem. What you want to prevent is her taking turns (stun) and/or counter attacking (stun also prevents counters).
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Yeah understood about Nest in particular. Just the way the comment was worded made me wonder if it was in general. For instance stunning and dazing against EP teams works well. Just wanted to make sure I wasnt missing something.
  • You can use nightsisters too. Keep her stunned while talzin uses her special? Which ignores protection. In grand arena infuse ventress lead to keep her stunned and reduce her turn meter (I know that doesn't sound right), but with one or two specials from talzin she's dead
  • Jawa's all the way. Seriously. Ive done it many times in GA with under geared jawas. Of course that is when nest is the last toon a live.
  • So I would use Nihilus or talzin and if talzin gets her unter 50%health you can use savage