Itf and crit chance/quality customer service

so I use itf and Poe to kill the falcon under chimaera. I’ve tracked over 150 battles now and my itf crits only about 23-24% of the time. Supposed to happen 54% of the time. I opened a ticket asking if someone could verify this is functioning correctly and thrawn is granting CC to itf and my ticket was closed with no response.

Not only has the falcon ruined climbing in ship arena every day it’s made it to where I can’t play ships without wanting to smash my phone. It’s absolutely ridiculous that in tracking more than 150 fights that I’m not getting half the results I should and it’s ignored.

Y’all have lost my interest completely

Replies

• crzydroid
    7300 posts Moderator
    Options
    Can you post your complete list of crits/attempts? Obviously you should only count non-dodges.

But if it is indeed 25% out of 150 battles, that is suspiciously low. As in, a cumulative probability of less than 0.

So first step is I just want to double check your numbers. The second step, I suppose, if you don't want to keep tracking this, is to see if a few other volunteers running this comp would want to track their crit rates for a week or two to see if you've just had extremely poor luck.

• Options
    Not saying there isn't something to this (hello dodge rate). But don't forget to remove any attempts against Phantom with Ghost present (since it has critical hit immunity).
  • crzydroid
    7300 posts Moderator
    Options
    Well, OP, can we see your full dataset? I'm interested in seeing if we have a case here to start others tracking.
  • Options
    I gave up. It’s not fun being brutalized everyday. I ran my little experiment for 18 days. In 18 days I did 10 fights all but two days, so 170 fights. There were 15-16 fights during the time period I ran other combos as I wasn’t hitting falcon teams so 155. There were, if I remember right, 7 dodges.

I’d been scratching the days tally’s on a paper in the form of 2/5, 1/5 (if it were a 10 fight day). And hiding it as my wife has reached her galaxy of heroes limit (most days so have I). And on two days during the time, I was where 3 wins got me where I needed to be and got 3/5 (hence no refresh and only 5 fights those days).

I was only falling to the 15-25 range most days luckily so in NO case was I ever more than 6 fights out of first. And that temptation coupled with the need for crystals for my friend Carth...

To be honest a few days ago on the third consecutive night of having 3 attempts at first and failing, I ripped up my paper in lieu of smashing my phone. Almost did both. But it’s “just a game”. That was my way of making sure I quit trying to do this ****.

What I can tell you is, from what was about 155 battles of this particular scenario, tracking them in blocks of 5 fights, on only 3 sets of the 5 fights did I get 3/5. On zero sets 4/5 or 5/5. That’s excluding dodge battles and fights I used other comps.

So from the 155 fights, on those particular 3 sets, 9 crits and 6 no. From the 140 remaining I had all sets of 1/5 and 2/5. (Knowing that the 7 dodges fit in here). On two nights there were two dodges. Both those had 1/5 sets, so those are really 1/4. To account for the other 3 dodges could make 3 of the 2/5 into 2/4.

So far 9/15 from the 3 sets that were 3/5. 1/4 4x and 2x4 3x (to take out 7 dodge battles). That’s 17 for 42. All the remaining 100 or so fights were non-dodges and either 1/5 or 2/5 critical hits. There were also zero sets 0/5. Of the 20 remaining sets of 5 fights I don’t know the split at 1/5 or 2/5.

We use line chat in our guild and I’ve been complaining about this to the guilds officers. I tried to go back through every day cuz I’d post in officer chat however miserable that day was but I just don’t have the “exact number”. What I found was at least 4 days of stating I got 2 wins in 10 fights. So the 1/5 and 2/5 is probably a pretty equal split. That’d mean 30/100 on the others. So add the 30/100 to the 17/42 and at experiments end, in all honestly was probably more like 32-33% chance of a crit not the 25% I originally stated (Must’ve had some good days towards the end).

But as far as where we go from here. I appreciate you following up on this. Wish I had a better answer but I’m not going to make up some spreadsheet I don’t have anymore. But the straw/camel thing was my ticket being closed with no response. The only thing I’d asked for was someone to verify thrawn is giving itf CC properly cuz it was way off for me. I don’t like to lose so I’m not going to keep running it. Is what it is. Again, I appreciate you jumping in. But until I see update notes that say, fixed a bug where thrawn wasn’t granting CC to itf, I can’t keep plowing through losses. It’s zero entertainment. Or whatever. Maybe it was “bad rng” to be 20% under but I can’t rely on that big a risk. Too frustrating.

Plus I really only needed the ship crystals for the new OR farm. I’m pretty much done with that so the pressure is off me and I can go back to not playing ships altogether, as it’s by far and away my least favorite game mode.

• Options
    Figured I’d give it one last go since you were nice enough to spend the time to respond. Got 7 attempts in this scenario. Itf attacking hans falcon on first attack. And in the 7 got 1 crit, 1 dodge and 5 middle fingers. So yeah. Peace out my friend.
  • Options
    I'm having the same trouble that some days my Imp crits around 40% but somedays he crits only 3/15
    I logged it as RNG until now but seeing this convo i'll keep tracking it more closely
  • Options
    Not 100% related but kind of: when I reinforce with Phantom and do the big-damage-CC-up-thing, the Falcon almost NEVER assists...