Honestly any way to beat Revan 3v3?

Prev1
Revan's OP lead is kind of sucking the life out of the game. Is there any possible way to beat a Revan, Jolee, GMY team, fully zeta'd, Revan 316 speed without Revan or Traya? I was hoping to chip away a bit with my most powerful squads only to find that each round, they are pretty much full protection and health. I've used maxed out CLS, Han, Chewie also JTR, BB8 R2, also Thrawn team, Tarkin team and a few others. I wasn't planning on winning the first match, but the fact that no ground is made using over 15 characters seems ridiculous. Of course I know there will be the sarcastic comments like "get Revan" or "Get Traya" or "Get good" or something not helpful, but I am seriously wondering if there is any possible way. If there isn't then it's another frustrating flaw in the system. Sorry if I sound a little frustrated, I haven't lost a GA yet and I can't find a way to get past that trio. Also, I am so sick of KOTOR and am dreading yet another Revan META. Thanks.

Replies

• Bounty hunters are decent because of Bobas execute. Let them stack their buffs then execute them and Jolee can't revive them. Nightsisters can also do pretty well against them
  • Darth Revan
  • Emguy wrote: »
    Bounty hunters are decent because of Bobas execute. Let them stack their buffs then execute them and Jolee can't revive them. Nightsisters can also do pretty well against them

Thanks, I'll try that one out, still have my BH left.

• Kill one and then let the match draw out. I killed yoda in my first match and then revan in another, but unfortunately in both matches i let it draw on long enough for jolee to revive them. Lost my last GA match cause of it

Honestly, revan is an awfully designed kit and it annoys me so much
  • Blackbeardpepe
    1481 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    No shame in timing out against a better squad. Just kill one or two and prepare for a second go.

It's worth keeping more offense teams, even if they are lesser squads.

Example, if you had to have 10 squads on defense, make sure you have 11-12 squads for offense. If you went up against a better squad and took out 1 or 2 characters, you'll have a lesser team with synergy to mop up the last characters.
  • CLS, Han, Chewie should be enough, if they're maxxed with decent mods.
  • CLS, Han, Chewie should be enough, if they're maxxed with decent mods.

My CLS, Han and Chewie are all maxed and almost completely filled with 6 dot mods. This particular Revan team, unfortunately, had all 6 dot mods and all G12 plus. I've come to the conclusion that it is impossible.
  • There is a 100% counter. Works for me every time. Now go find it
  • PepsiAddict
    311 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Kill one and then let the match draw out. I killed yoda in my first match and then revan in another, but unfortunately in both matches i let it draw on long enough for jolee to revive them. Lost my last GA match cause of it

Honestly, revan is an awfully designed kit and it annoys me so much

This is the best advice.
    Example: Kill gmy once, he revives from Revans ability. Kill him a second time...if you get another turn before Jolee revives gmy: just sit and let the match time out. Jolee can only revive a Jedi that was present at the beginning of the match, so when you start a new match, there is only Revan and Jolee.
    The problem is it will take you 2 very good teams if everything falls in your favor.
    Participation trophy? No. You want something: earn it.
  • Witness wrote: »
    There is a 100% counter. Works for me every time. Now go find it

Yeah. I know it. But would love to have an alternative one
  • I’ve given up on this in my 3v3 only good thing is my opponent has given up at the same point and set 5 teams all at lvl1 g1.. so I got bonus points for beating his teams with one toon..end result we both cleared equal squads, in ahead by 30 or so points..
  • What about just focusing all firepower on Jolee? There's no taunting tank and Revan's mass assist is not as fatal in 3 vs 3.
  • Fracture!
  • If you let it timeout with one dead can Jolee revive them in the next attempt or are they down for the count? I know in Assault Battles etc you can revive on further waves but those are still technically "one battle".

Always curious how that works in TW/GA because I've yet to come across it. Curious about NS too.
  • Vendi1983 wrote: »
    If you let it timeout with one dead can Jolee revive them in the next attempt or are they down for the count? I know in Assault Battles etc you can revive on further waves but those are still technically "one battle".

Always curious how that works in TW/GA because I've yet to come across it. Curious about NS too.
    Down for the count. Characters cannot revive characters killed in previous battles.
  • Vendi1983 wrote: »
    If you let it timeout with one dead can Jolee revive them in the next attempt or are they down for the count? I know in Assault Battles etc you can revive on further waves but those are still technically "one battle".

If you time out with someone dead then in the next battle it's as if they never existed - they can't be revived and if they were a lead, the lead ability no longer applies.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • Perfect. Thanks!
  • HK666
    1263 posts Member
    Try Fracture + Annihilate. The former move stops most incoming dps, and that latter is not something can savior or bindo can stop.

Just gotta pick a lead... No Traya, but maybe EP, or Rex, or even Vader

Not sure if option number 2 will work, but you can always try JTR. Undispellable healing immunity, and daze are pretty nice. Revan's buff immunity is a rather large wrench
  • CLS/Han/Chewie should work. Use Shoots First on Yoda and nuke him down ASAP, then work on Jolee. You might need to re-kill Yoda if Jolee gets his revive off, but the nonstop assists from Chewie should be able to overwhelm a 3 man Revan team if you have them decently modded. Might even work without CLS, though I wouldn't want to chance it personally.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• My CLS team, I was unable to take GMY out before Revans direct focus. Then he used it on Chewie and Chewie was stunned. I only got a couple more turns in before I was killed. Maybe Chewie being the target was worst case scenario? I’m sure most strategies work somewhat against a good Revan team but this Revan team’s squad power was above 74k. Pretty insanely stacked.
  • And annihilate didn’t work. I couldn’t get it off because Direct Focus goes on Nihilus right away.
  • gpeeee wrote: »
    My CLS team, I was unable to take GMY out before Revans direct focus. Then he used it on Chewie and Chewie was stunned. I only got a couple more turns in before I was killed. Maybe Chewie being the target was worst case scenario? I’m sure most strategies work somewhat against a good Revan team but this Revan team’s squad power was above 74k. Pretty insanely stacked.

That's def bad luck, since CLS or Han would be stun immune via Guard, although 74k power also sounds pretty nuts for a 3 man team. You might've just been outmatched in terms of sheer power and mod-godliness.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• I use DaKa leading Assaj and Acolyte to beat 3v3 revan
  • Drazz127
    770 posts Member
    I use CLS, Chewie, Zolo against them and find it rather easy. Just keep killing yoda and they can't do anything.
  • Drazz127
    770 posts Member
    Yodas stunned he can't do damage. Jolee doesn't do damage, Revan's damage is average at best. I do have a G12.5+ Chewie with 6 dott mods so I'm sure that helps a bit.
  • Gawejn
    1104 posts Member
    I use DaKa leading Assaj and Acolyte to beat 3v3 revan

How do You play this?
  • Dwinkelm
    766 posts Member
    Unless it's mirror match, Revan will still be fastest, will still ignore taunt, mark your most valuable squad member and kill him on the first turn. Then you'll have 2 v 3. Good luck.

And don’t forget, starts the battle with Tenacity Up and avoids any Stun from Shoots First.

There’s really no way to beat a stacked Revan team in 3v3 reliably without Revan or Traya.

If DN didn’t get marked EVERY SINGLE TIME, there might be a chance... but he is, so there’s not.

Oh well, such is the case of The Haves VS. The Have-Nots
  • My experience from practice in arena is as follows:

Triumvirate - Unreliable but possible
    CLS, Han, Chewi - Reliable if Chewi isn't marked, sometimes recoverable if he is but not likely. I consider this a bit better than a 2 in 3 chance.
    Tarkin, Thrawn, Nihilus - close to 100% reliable if Thrawn + 28 (30 with zeta tarkin lead) is faster than Revan + 25. Just about possible with equivalent mods. Fracture Revan before he moves and keep direct focus away with cooldown increases.
    Revan mirror match - reliable if Revan is faster and possible if not, but still liable to timeout.
    Qi'ra, Nest, Hoda - very reliable and potentially not possible to lose on auto if at 150% tenacity with lots of protection and a crit avoidance arrow on nest. Slightly better if Qi'ra dies quickly but not required.

I'm sure there are others including boba and jango or some nightsisters etc. but the above was enough for me to never have issues before I got my own Revan.