Going to laugh hard

Replies

• Options
    I remember when I was a child and I saw the KOTOR movies. It was like magic, and I relived it with my friends and action figures every day of my childhood...

Oh wait. No.
    I am the jedi dog battle droid C-3PO could not kill.
  • Options
    Phoenixeon wrote: »
    How about darth jar jar.

Yep. Anger. :p
  • CazNeerg
    361 posts Member
    Options
    Why is there so much hate for KOTOR? Did people get like this when a bunch of characters from children's cartoons were released too, or is it just the Old Republic that makes them mad?
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    Options
    It's because KOTOR has no place in the original star wars fans heart because to us KOTOR never existed and never will
  • Lonit
    35 posts Member
    Options
    I remember when I was a child and I saw the KOTOR movies. It was like magic, and I relived it with my friends and action figures every day of my childhood...

Oh wait. No.

love it!
  • Jaden
    162 posts Member
    Options
    Kokie wrote: »
    It's because KOTOR has no place in the original star wars fans heart because to us KOTOR never existed and never will

And yet it’s story is still better than the Star Wars Movies today.
  • Options
    CazNeerg wrote: »
    Why is there so much hate for KOTOR? Did people get like this when a bunch of characters from children's cartoons were released too, or is it just the Old Republic that makes them mad?

There were just as many frothing mouths when Phoenix appeared. Fans are the worst kind of fans.

The name of the next big thing is irrelevant as long as it puts an end to the ultra-boring Revan mirror-match arena.
  • CazNeerg
    361 posts Member
    Options

By that logic, any characters who aren't from the OT are bad. Do you protest all of them?

• Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    Options

By that logic, any characters who aren't from the OT are bad. Do you protest all of them?

From a fan standpoint anything that doesnt relate to original content is sacrilegious....star wars has become absolutely nothing that it originally was and that's sad
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Having said that, it's simply an opinion from an old fan and has no bearing on what units I use in the game lol....its just when I see people get so excited about a new character I never even heard of I just shake my head and say boy, did you guys miss the magic when star wars first came out
  • Lio
    1003 posts Member
    Options

From a fan standpoint anything that doesnt relate to original content is sacrilegious....star wars has become absolutely nothing that it originally was and that's sad

Kokie with the hot take
    vh4jl5rwehvz.jpg
  • CazNeerg
    361 posts Member
    Options
    You're missing out. From both a writing standpoint and an acting standpoint, both KOTOR games are superior to all of the movies, and most of the books. If they did remakes of the games with modern graphics, they would end up visually superior to any of the movies as well.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options

Disney, is that you?
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    Options
    You're missing out. From both a writing standpoint and an acting standpoint, both KOTOR games are superior to all of the movies, and most of the books. If they did remakes of the games with modern graphics, they would end up visually superior to any of the movies as well.

Your opinion my friend as my opinion is my own. Look, KOTOR has many fans and very well could be the best written and acted content out there. I dont know and never will because to me that's not star wars. It's a monetized ripoff of star wars. Not a dis on those who love it, just the way I feel
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options

Your opinion my friend as my opinion is my own. Look, KOTOR has many fans and very well could be the best written and acted content out there. I dont know and never will because to me that's not star wars. It's a monetized ripoff of star wars. Not a dis on those who love it, just the way I feel

Those toys you grew up loving are the monetised ripoff of star wars. Star Wars you grew up loving is the monetised ripoff of star wars.

Infact it's the first movie franchise ever. It launched the blockbuster mentality of Hollywood along with Spielberg movies.

To each their own ;)
  • Monel
    2786 posts Member
    Options
    I'm still hoping for the 3 zeta Darth Gam Gam
  • Roken_Fett
    1293 posts Member
    Options

3f2.jpeg
    CLONE HELMETS!! Now let's get Sabine her epic helmet.
  • Jawwny
    28 posts Member
    Options
    My only worry is that after farming the OR characters, Sith Assassin, Maurader, and Trooper will be the real characters needed.
  • Options

Missing out on something just because you assume it's sacrilege is a terrible idea. I hope you're not like that in other aspects of real life
  • Monel
    2786 posts Member
    Options
    Jawwny wrote: »
    My only worry is that after farming the OR characters, Sith Assassin, Maurader, and Trooper will be the real characters needed.

Gotta catch them all
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    Options

Missing out on something just because you assume it's sacrilege is a terrible idea. I hope you're not like that in other aspects of real life

Hmmmm......you just took a person's opinion on a movie franchise and carried that out into the twilight zone. Didn't know my personal opinions offended so many people
  • CazNeerg
    361 posts Member
    Options
    Jawwny wrote: »

The only bad thing about that would be the crystals I'm wasting on Carth. All my Sith are 7 star, except for Traya. Hell, my Trooper is GXI
  • Options
    They should have spaced this out a whole lot more with the KOTOR content. A very vocal minority of fans love KOTOR but they are irritating a majority of the fans with non stop OR. They dropped the ball on GG and now we will have 2 Revans in the Arena meta. I’m my opinion and many others, this will be a new low point in the game. That’s fine you OR fans enjoy the content but it’s definitely not enjoyable to a majority.
  • Options
    I just shake my head and say boy, did you guys miss the magic when star wars first came out

Absolutely ridiculous. This is the rhetoric of an undeveloped, deliberately unlikeable character in a cartoon or sitcom.

And no, I didn't miss the magic of when Star Ware first came out. It's more magical now, because nothing is lost and there's more to have.
    Didn't know my personal opinions offended so many people

Everyone has an opinion; not liking things is about the most common and least useful opinion to have. Especially on a forum dedicated to a game meant to be enjoyed by fans of this multimedia franchise in its entirety.

There is no end to the fonts of nerdiness, games and memorabilia dedicated to the original trilogy. Decades of it, in fact. I've got plenty on my shelves and in my libraries, physical and digital.

People are offended because this regressionism is an endemic and negative quality no one likes to see, no matter where it pops up.
  • Pariah_Anchorite
    836 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Wow, people, relax.

This a game. KOTOR is a game. They did a pull, Revan scored high and they developed a way to bring in more toons to milk him. Bullocks to canon vs non-canon, the entire *franchise* is about money separated from you by using it to pull your heartstrings. Period. Some EA/CG may like Star War, but if they were wise, they would put someone who is ambivalent about the product in charge of it.

If you want to get better backstory, read hero of a thousand faces. Star Wars is built on it. There are other books, too, but those topics are too inflammatory and I think oppose rules of posting.
  • CazNeerg
    361 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    IronCross wrote: »
    They should have spaced this out a whole lot more with the KOTOR content. A very vocal minority of fans love KOTOR but they are irritating a majority of the fans with non stop OR. They dropped the ball on GG and now we will have 2 Revans in the Arena meta. I’m my opinion and many others, this will be a new low point in the game. That’s fine you OR fans enjoy the content but it’s definitely not enjoyable to a majority.

You have no way to know whether they are irritating a majority of fans. The majority doesn't post about the game on the internet, only a tiny, tiny, tiny minority does. There are probably just as many people who roll their eyes when the focus is on characters from the categorically atrocious prequels as there are people who get irritated by a focus on fantastic parts of Star Wars like KOTOR and Thrawn.

Hell, a solid majority probably doesn't even know what the term "meta" means in relation to the game. Only a tiny fraction of the playerbase even attempts to reach the top of the arena.
    Post edited by CazNeerg on
  • Options

Hmmmm......you just took a person's opinion on a movie franchise and carried that out into the twilight zone. Didn't know my personal opinions offended so many people

I didn't, that's why I said "I hope"
  • Options
    I just hope Grievous/droids are a counter to Darth whoever comes out. Give us some paper/rock/scissors in the meta.