TW Special Abilities For Who?

Now, as much as I, and I'm sure most other players, appreciate mixing up TW with these 'fun' little additions the problem is they seem to be with squads many of us have not had the chance to farm and will most likely never be able to farm fully. These are mostly factions that really only players who have been playing for more than two years are going to have in their roster. Maybe when doing these events CG should also make it easier to farm those factions somehow...and not just put them in the store to buy. Because that's just typical EA nonsense and videogame players are fed up to the gills with EA's disgusting money grabbing ways. How about you just make the game fun and accessible without having to spend hundreds and hundreds? Wishful thinking, I know.

Replies

• You are free to farm them if you really want to...
  • As One of those old farts that have toons like CUP and mace at 7* it’s a fun way to reward players that have played a long time.

Look at it from the flip side imagine playing this game 3 years and having just dead weight on your roster.

Also please do not farm any toon only for tw bonus purposes.
  • LeetoQui78 wrote: »
    As One of those old farts that have toons like CUP and mace at 7* it’s a fun way to reward players that have played a long time.

Look at it from the flip side imagine playing this game 3 years and having just dead weight on your roster.

Also please do not farm any toon only for tw bonus purposes.

I also appreciate rewarding the 'older' players in some way but I'm not sure if this is it. Not right now at least. What with the new Clone Wars season coming I would have thought it would be the perfect time to focus on Clones, Bugs and Separatists. Well, We've seen how they've handled GG and the Separatists, so far at least, and it doesn't fill me with much confidence they going to handle the other Clone War factions that well either. It seems to be all focus is on KotOR. Like that has been a thing for over a year already.

Maybe if they gave us a solid reason to farm these factions and then did the TW thing it would make more sense. But yeah, I can't afford to drop what I'm already farming as I'm always one or two steps behind the meta and I'm always having to fight my way up the arena ladder even though there are now unbeatable Revan teams continually bumping me further and further each day.

You can also look at it as a bonus for those not constantly chasing the meta and farming their favorite characters instead.

I will agree that the fact that CG is so stuck on Old Republic needs to come to an end.
  • Great points. Of the many things that I learned over the years playing this game - faction passes will come but not when you think it’s time lol.

I think this is cgs way of still making them relevant with out a faction pass.

I’m farming kotor as well because they are topical but I have to say I have no feelings towards them. I never played the games. I can’t wait till it’s over either. Yet I’m really happy for the ppl that wanted them for a long time.

I’m a big empire fan so I’m happy when they get touched up or new toons added for them. Let the kotor fans rejoice. My fav time playing was when I get to run thrawn in both arenas. If you’re a kotor fan Revan is the best toon to date.

Sep fans got gg droideka and b1. Jango fans got jango and Bh fans got a really solid faction and Bossk is magnificent. I’m happy for all their fans.

Your time will come.

I think the advantage of being an older player is that I had a lot of time to farm toons that I wanted or thought were cool. That doesn’t really exist anymore.