To Spend or Not to Spend

Looking for some feedback in the next 15 hours... I have thought it ridiculous how long it takes to get a capital ship to 7* via the mastery events, and I am not a great saver of crystals under normal circumstances. The stars seemed to have aligned, as I current have about 1400 crystals, and by refreshing this Executrix event, then doing the next in a few days and refreshing that, I will finally have my 7* Executrix. The question is, though, is it really worth spending 1600 crystals to get it 7* that much quicker? I've been hovering around 150 in arena, though that's without trying, I can get under 100 if I really put some effort in a and play several times a day. I'm still working some of my fleet up to 7*, so it's not like I'll be grabbing top spots any time THAT soon, but the extra reinforcement certainly does't hurt (and stops making me have to choose between a couple of my ships, though I've pretty well gotten a set 6 I run regularly). Anyway, enough babble, do I dish out the crystals and start saving again from scratch?

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    I would save unless that 7* ship is going to open a previously unreachable place right now.
  • crzydroid
    7253 posts Moderator
    The next Executrix event is actually coming in just a few days.
  • enlguy
    85 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »
    I would save unless that 7* ship is going to open a previously unreachable place right now.

Thanks for the input. It does seem like an egregious spend, but I'm looking forward to having a 7* capital ship. Hard to say how it will change fleet arena for me, as the extra reinforcement may open a door or two, but without a few of my regular fleet ships at 7*, hard to say. I will probably hold off unless someone else comes in with a really good reason to spend them.
    crzydroid wrote: »
    The next Executrix event is actually coming in just a few days.

Right, I have to do refreshes on both today's and the next one to get the 7*. Otherwise it's several more months, I would think.