MODS and setting whole rooster setups/loadouts

Sarbitar
263 posts Member
edited February 2019
I have a suggestion to make a whole rooster loadouts.

Like you just set a restore point for your whole rooster. You change mods for example for hstr, and you click "save whole rooster" and name it. And another and another and another.

That way, switching mods for particular raid/arena/strategy would take only one click and you can get back to your main setup in seconds.

Right now it takes enourmous amount of time to remod even with loadouts. Clicking each character is tiresome and if you changed at least one mod your loadouts also need to be changed.

With restore point you can always save your current build, remod everything you like and if it doesnt work just restore with one click. Right now you have to save every loadout from each character that you are remodding.

Maybe if enough people will vote for such a solution someone will look into the matter - that would be a perfect Quality of Life change.
Post edited by Sarbitar on

Replies

• Options
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    I don't know, I like to mod my rooster bit by bit. If I do it all in one go it gets grumpy and you don't want a grumpy rooster.

In all seriousness, I've suggested a combined squad/mod loadouts feature so that when you save a squad it also saves their mods and you can equip them all in one go. I think it would save a lot of time (though tbh, I've stopped moving mods around so much now that my roster is a bit deeper)
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Maybe start farming more mods for your Rooster so you don’t need to keep moving mods around. You’ll save more credits in the long run.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Sarbitar wrote: »
    Yeah and now for the C3 event, instead of just clicking twice (save rooster, mod as I like my ewoks and play them, load saved rooster) I have to create 20 loadouts (each for a character I'm moving mod from), than remod my ewoks, and then apply 20 previously created loadouts to previous characters. And those loadouts are then deleted, cause I really don't need them anymore.

That's really effective.

When I did it, I created 6 mod layouts, for the key toons I was pulling from (arena team and 1 other at that time). Then the other toons I was moving mods from, I just remodded the at that time.

If you need to make sure that 20 toons get the exact mods back that you removed, you may want to consider some of the above advise and farm mod mods.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Sarbitar wrote: »
    Hmm I'm not sure we are talking about the same thing.

I have plenty of good mods, but for the event I have to equip the best of them. You are not talking that I should have like 20 full sets with +25 speed are you? Cause yeah maybe if someone has something like that he doesn't need the functionality that I described. But let's get back on the ground shall we.

In my original post I would like to have setups for each raid in which we are using different teams. As there can be two raids consecutive it would be nice to just one click and switch many teams at once. And easily switching back to your main arena teams after the raids.

No I am saying that you probably have at least 5 sets of great mods you want to use, most likely from an arena team and you want to make sure those go back.

Outside of those 5 toons, and a small group, previous meta, you should be able to remove mods and replace them decently with mods you have right now.

If you are pulling mods from 20 toons for 1 event and those mods are irreplaceable and have to go back or you cant function, you may want to consider that you need more/better mods.

Re modding for raids is a fair point, but again if you need to move mods for every team you use in the raid, its probably a sign you should be on the hunt for more/better mods.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Absolutely the g12 issue make a little more work with mods, but that is also a reason to be out there getting more/better mods.

Yes, even in the Sith raid, moving mods for more than 4 teams is another sign you should be trying to build up more/better mods. The 4 main teams should also basically be modded correctly most of the time, with only minor tweaks to go from pvp to PvE setup, when you have a good mod collection.

I am not trying to argue against better mod managment, that system could really use some more attention.

I'm just trying to point out that of you need your entire roster locked in and switchable for multiple events/raids, you are really running a skeleton crew on your mod depth. There are very few toons that need a complete overhaul of mods to go from PvE to PvP and back.
  • Options
    Another useful addition I’ve thought about and would love to have would be a “Mods Slicing” tab where you put a copy of any mod, loaded or inventory, that is a priority to be sliced mod so the ones you’d most like to slice are viewable together, as well as quickly found and sliced
  • Options
    It pays to have a flexible rooster