How did this happen!?

enlguy
85 posts Member
edited March 2019
Maybe not much of a discussion here, I hope I'm not wasting a thread, but it's the Internet, there are far bigger wastes of time out there even if this isn't A-1 discussion fodder.

Ezra one-shot my CLS.

Happened in a GA battle yesterday. My G12 zetad CLS was taken down in ONE SHOT (flourish) by a G12 zetad Ezra. Now, I would think CLS to be the superior toon in this instance, and no doubt Ezra can take some power on a good hit, but ONE SHOT HIM!!? I was just... I mean it's a game, and the battle moved on, but I swear there was a half second of ... Does this surprise anyone else? Am I grossly underestimating the potential of Ezra (I still have mine at G8 because it's good enough for the Thrawn event, and I don't do much with Phoenix except to toss them in to fill a defensive slot in some events). I became so disappointed with Jedi long ago, I really haven't given them much credence since, though Bastilla certainly changed a couple things. I'm very passively building up a little bit of a team (GMY at G10, OB at G10, working on the Hoda shards still, hope to unlock after a couple more TBs, and then a mediocre mix of like Ezra, Mace, QGJ, and Asohka. Don't mean to send this in a strategy direction (we could, but it will be moved, I suppose), but I guess the point is, does Ezra really carry weight like this or is this an RNG anomaly for him to hit like that?

Replies

• enlguy
    85 posts Member
    Options
    And mods took out the whole line even after I censored it for you!? That's a bit egregious, don't you think? Family friendly and deleting entire sentences that were in no way obscene... big difference. This is the Internet, please don't turn this into a **** world here.
  • crzydroid
    7298 posts Moderator
    Options
    I don't see any edits in the log for your post, so I don't know what line you would be talking about. But please refrain from discussing moderarion, and yes, even using special characters to censor things is against forum rules.

Ezra's zeta adds 50% damage to the modifier for Flourish, so an Ezra modded for crit damage with high offense could do some damage. Who was the leader? That could also add bonuses. If Ezra took a few turns first, he could stack offense because of his unique.

I calculate that a zeta Ezra with offense up and critical damage up (or equivalent bonuses) after taking four turns could deal 75,000 damage before armor with 3,700 offense. So it's possible that if your CLS has low health and protection and already had some damage, and a well-modded Ezra had some bonuses and buffs, it could be done.