Too many players don't have Wampa!

I find this incredibly interesting, when I look at my enemy accounts for GA I find it incredibly common that people don't have Wampa. Many don't even have it unlocked, others have it at 5-6 stars but it's not geared.

This is very curious to me because I find Wampa to be an excellent anti rebel character. It's use was not very extensive at some point but after GA I find Wampa to be my favorite rebel exterminator. I have won battles against g12 Phoenix trios with 3 Zetas and Wampa handles them like a boss, Chaze is also easy pray for my Wampa.

I guess the farm scares many people, others maybe want to do it more efficiently and farm it from Bounties but you guys are definitely missing out

Replies

• Wampa really does shine in GA great for clearing a rebel squad yeah or even a lower power team by himself.
  • I took my Wampa in against a G12 Jyn, Baze and Churrit team last GA. Absolutely demolished them by itself. Such a beast. My favourite character in whole game
  • HK666
    1263 posts Member
    I find Wampa to be an amazing GA tool. Yolo too, but to a lesser extent.
  • Phoenixeon
    1842 posts Member
    They probably choose hetmit yoda instead.
  • Ah the good old days of taking out traya teams with rex+wampa. Loved it.

Think he used to be the top 5 characters in the game at a time. Mostly people didnt go for him since he only really starts to shine with g12 pieces, and thats a ton of investment.
  • I have wampa 330/330 but haven't unlocked him because I can't spare the gear right now. I'm gearing my ewoks and the new KOTOR toons.

This GA has been the first time I've really come across wampa in PvP. One of my opponents had him in the back territory (zader, Thrawn and wampa). I wasn't prepared for how much of a beast it was and lost 4 teams before I ran out of offence. I'm definitely making him my gear priority after the next legendary.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • I fight zWampa in Squad Arena all the time and pick teams with him on it on purpose, usually a Nightmare team has him added to it, and I am attacking with Nightmare but no DN or Sion. I ignore him and leave him for the very last kill since he's typically slow and seems to have low Tenacity. A fast Wampa is a more dangerous one, though, but otherwise I find him kitten compared to the rest of the Nightmare squad.
  • Unlocking him is hard enough with tons of Guild Event Tokens it takes. And for strong leader, there's time when team synergy works better than the might of Wampa.
  • Krjstoff
    633 posts Member
    Rex+Wampa+Tank ... can't go wrong with that squad. Will beat almost anything in 3v3 except absolute top tier teams.
  • I fight zWampa in Squad Arena all the time and pick teams with him on it on purpose, usually a Nightmare team has him added to it, and I am attacking with Nightmare but no DN or Sion. I ignore him and leave him for the very last kill since he's typically slow and seems to have low Tenacity. A fast Wampa is a more dangerous one, though, but otherwise I find him kitten compared to the rest of the Nightmare squad.

What, pray tell, is 'Nightmare but no DN or Sion'?
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    I actually throw him in against rebels with Farmboy as the leader. The flat tenacity boost is excellent and he can cleanse/stun when needed. Puts my Wampa at about 75% tenacity and works great.
  • I totally agree.
    My undergeared wampa handled Bastila + 2.
    Wedge+Biggs+1
    Like a boss.

Get to that back row with only trash to attack with but Wampa saves it.
  • Well I personally work on unlocking him but I also have to buy gear for my NS and my arena team to get thrawn to gear12 finally so I just don't have time for him...
  • OP is still stuck on phase 1 of the Bounty Hunter prestigious quest. Me too, brother. Me too.
  • OP is still stuck on phase 1 of the Bounty Hunter prestigious quest. Me too, brother. Me too.

Lol, my BH are more than capable of obliterating those missions, even the Enfys nest one I've had wampa 7 stars since those bountys came out
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    OP is still stuck on phase 1 of the Bounty Hunter prestigious quest. Me too, brother. Me too.

Lol, my BH are more than capable of obliterating those missions, even the Enfys nest one I've had wampa 7 stars since those bountys came out

I'm pretty sure he's not talking about the galactic bounties event, mostly because he literally said "Bounty Hunter prestigious quest".
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • leef wrote: »
    OP is still stuck on phase 1 of the Bounty Hunter prestigious quest. Me too, brother. Me too.

I'm pretty sure he's not talking about the galactic bounties event, mostly because he literally said "Bounty Hunter prestigious quest".

Ohh I didn't catch that sorry

39/50. Need more DS TB or Galactic Bounties....
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    5 away from that elusive quest myself......one more ds tb....
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    33/50 here so probably another 3 months, maybe 2 if I am very lucky and find Wamps to fight in TW/GA.

This is the quest that never ends. It just goes on and on my friend... (Repeat for 6-10 months)
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    Luniz wrote: »
    It's just the trade off. In the end, wampa is a replaceable luxury. By not having him, you can either have hoda who was briefly meta, or gear up new meta toons faster. Wampa does nothing to increase your daily crystal intake which is the primary determining factor for success.

This
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    I love my furry son.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.