Calling all math nerds, calling all math nerds

Ikky2win
870 posts Member
My guildmates and I are looking to mod our Resistance squads to be Revan killers in TW/GA. The squad is JTR, R2, BB8, C3PO, and Nest. The droids each get 24% bonus TM at the start of battle from BB8’s Self-Preservation Protocol skill. R2 needs to go before Revan in order to stealth everyone but Nest. Against a standard Revan squad of Revan, Grandmaster Yoda, Jolee, Bastila, and General Kenobi, what speed do the droids need to be to go first, considering Revan gets +5 speed for each Jedi and Old Republic ally.

Ultimately it would be great to see a table showing what speed the droids need to be if Revan’s speed is 290, 295, 300, etc. up to maybe 320 or 330. Now not only am I giving you a math problem, but you get to create a table/spreadsheet too so math nerds, please don’t get so excited that your heads explode. :D

First person to post the table gets the title King of the Math Nerds and a Stephen Hawking avatar in game.

Replies

• swgohfan29
    1147 posts Member
    [((Revan Speed)+25)*76%]+1
  • Ikky2win
    870 posts Member
    So for a 300 speed Revan it would be 325 x .76 + 1 which would be 248?
  • Ikky2win
    870 posts Member
    Wait is it +40? Revan, Jolee, and Bastila are both Jedi and Old Republic so they give +10 each and GK and GMY each give +5. Or if you don’t get to count Revan, it would be +10 each for Jolee and Bastila and +5 each for GMY and GK which would be +30. @swgohfan29
  • Ikky2win
    870 posts Member
    Great. I made a table.

btdp3704pi6r.jpeg
  • HK47 has informed Master Revan of those computations. You are all doomed.
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Instead of +1, should just do roundup function which is probably easier and makes a nice chart.
  • Thanks ikky, you are my fav whale haha.

Anyway, why not try droideka instead of nessie? Thats about as cheesie as nessie is, but puts the speed threshold quite a bit lower.
  • Ikky2win
    870 posts Member
    Thanks ikky, you are my fav whale haha.

Anyway, why not try droideka instead of nessie? Thats about as cheesie as nessie is, but puts the speed threshold quite a bit lower.

Lots of people have nest geared. Very few have droideka geared.
  • EdSolo
    411 posts Member
    Huatimus wrote: »
    Instead of +1, should just do roundup function which is probably easier and makes a nice chart.

Depends on how the game calculates fractional speed. Not sure it rounds up or just truncates the decimal place.

• jhbuchholz
    1966 posts Member
    EdSolo wrote: »

Depends on how the game calculates fractional speed. Not sure it rounds up or just truncates the decimal place.

The point of rounding up in this case isn't to match the game, it's to set a worst case scenario minimum speed for the Droid. If you round up and your Droids are all 1 speed faster than they need to be it's not a big deal. If you round down and they're all 1 speed slower than they need to be your team doesn't work.
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    EdSolo wrote: »

There isn’t fractional speed, any bonus Speed such as Speed set mods bonus is still rounded down to nearest integer.
  • I used the same team in the arena, except subbed in chewie for Nest (guard went on BB8). Pretty fun to use against Revan, and super fast (had to be careful that JTR didn’t take so many turns before Revan that stealth expired before Revans first turn!). Just have to watch out for the critical immunity that GK spreads around, I usually took him out first.
  • Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    The problem with all of this is once you see the enemy Revan you can't move mods around.

Lesson being: make sure all the R2's are the highest speed possible...
  • Ikky2win wrote: »

Read his kit. Works at g4. Thank me later.
  • jhbuchholz
    1966 posts Member
    Vendi1983 wrote: »
    The problem with all of this is once you see the enemy Revan you can't move mods around.

Lesson being: make sure all the R2's are the highest speed possible...

That's not how this is used though (to mod your team once you see the matchup). It would be used to pick your matchup based on your mods.

If everyone can get all their droids to 284 speed you're good to go.

If you have teams with droids at 255 speed and no opposing Revans under 300 you know to try a different counter.

Of course you're going to make them as fast as possible but that doesn't mean everyone will achieve the top needed speed.
  • Ikky2win
    870 posts Member
    Ikky2win wrote: »

G4 or 4 star?
  • crzydroid
    7285 posts Moderator

G4 or 4 star?

I think he means that damage immunity unlocks at g4. But then you're relying solely on the tm boost from BB-8 to make sure a low gear Droideka gets a turn to use the ability against a Revan team.
  • The winner is: RNG !!!
    Use your brain for somethong you can eat...