B1 Getting Marked

When is this gonna be fixed. Ya know? For the ones that bought your new toons?

Replies

• What seems to be the issue? Does B1's kit state somewhere that he is immune to "marked"?
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member
    Marked and plague should fall right off of b1. The whole mechanic is that you have a whole droid platoon behind you. When Revan marks, he only marks one droid, not the entire platoon. That’s they way I see it.
  • Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Marked and plague should fall right off of b1. The whole mechanic is that you have a whole droid platoon behind you. When Revan marks, he only marks one droid, not the entire platoon. That’s they way I see it.

Fair points. What are your thoughts on mass assists against B1? Say GK calls the whole team against B1.. Should 8 stacks be knocked out or 40? The way I see it personally is that "marked" is just another form of mass assist.
  • Droideka
    615 posts Member
    Gama_Fox wrote: »
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »

Fair points. What are your thoughts on mass assists against B1? Say GK calls the whole team against B1.. Should 8 stacks be knocked out or 40? The way I see it personally is that "marked" is just another form of mass assist.
    I am fine with the assists, but then marked stays on afterwards and B1 gets focused down. There is the same problem with other locked debuffs, like Plague, which B1 literally cannot get rid of once he has it.
  • Plague is a completely different issue. I think that needs addressed. Marked is fine though. While the character is designed to mimic an army, it’s still one character for gameplay. You don’t lose stun or dazed or anything else. It’s just not how it works.
  • Marked and fracture get removed from zombie. Should be similar to B1.
  • Rainman wrote: »
    Marked and fracture get removed from zombie. Should be similar to B1.

Zombie actually dies though, b1 loses stacks in Lou of damage. The only issue I see is people taking the symbolism to literal
  • AndySCovell
    770 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    No Marked should not stay. It completely destroys a kit. So if he gets marked it should be cleansed via a debuff. Nice try though.

Really no debuff should stick on B1. At all. It’s a cheap trick to try and take advantage of a team.

Either B1 should be immune to Marked, Health Down, and Plague, Fracture, Isolate just like DoT.

Or after being damaged with the debuff it hit while you have that debuff the debuff should go away and you lose the 8 stacks. That’s it.

I don’t care either direction it goes but it shouldn’t remain there so Marked Ability mows down a toon in one or two moves.
  • Also clearly the devs were smart enough to make DoT’s not affect B1 but weren’t too bright to ensure other debuffs with similar crippling effects B1 would be immune to. 🧐
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Also clearly the devs were smart enough to make DoT’s not affect B1 but weren’t too bright to ensure other debuffs with similar crippling effects B1 would be immune to. 🧐

Dots count as individual attacks. So a small stack of 3 would remove 24 stacks per turn, that is why DoTs are different than any other debuff that keeps his kit in check.

but i do agree, he should be immune to or lose Plague after he is hit and loses stacks. Isolate and fracture are ok. not sure why immune to health down, it just doesn't do anything, so no big deal. I'm not sure how i feel about marked, i could go either way on that.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    but i do agree, he should be immune to or lose Plague after he is hit and loses stacks.

I agree that something shall be done to Plague and B1 relation.
    DoT can be cleansed. Healing to full health can remove Plague. But Plague on B1 can't be cleansed nor be removed(via heal).
    I'd prefer B1 removing Plague upon healing, cuz B1 has 1/0 max HP/Prot, but then the mechanics would be too complicated, and Plague immunity or Plague Uncleansability Immunity would suffice.
  • Globuhl
    751 posts Member
    When is this gonna be fixed. Ya know? For the ones that bought your new toons?
    My understanding is that the B1 battalion is marked, not just a single B1 so the mark remains.
  • Marked should stay....
    If you’ve watched ANY of the prequels or Clone Wars Series when the Jedi focus on B1 droids they wreck dozens of them....100s in Mace Windus case. They are literally mass-demolished.
    They are a joke compared to Droidka, B2 etc
  • Marked should stay....
    If you’ve watched ANY of the prequels or Clone Wars Series when the Jedi focus on B1 droids they wreck dozens of them....100s in Mace Windus case. They are literally mass-demolished.
    They are a joke compared to Droidka, B2 etc

Any damage and he already loses 8 stacks. So on a single ability he should lose 40+ on a Zeta and left with 60 or less or in a non Zeta be potentially wiped out in the first move of the game?

That’s stupid.
  • No toon should be wiped out first move of the game
  • I think mass assists should only count as one stack. Five people attacking taking out "8" b1 battle droids makes sense.
  • I could get behind that actually
  • I think mass assists should only count as one stack. Five people attacking taking out "8" b1 battle droids makes sense.

No.
    B1 dies real fast when Marked, but every glass cannon character dies super fast when marked.
    The difference is that heals can save glass cannons, but B1 can't regain its DB stacks until he takes a turn.
    If you don't like B1 losing 40 stacks for every mass assist, then it's the stack loss for each assist, not mass assist as a whole, that should be changed.