Darth maul.

Rutank
409 posts Member
edited December 2015
Any reason on earth you guys want 1 character to literally aoe kill a squad in 1 turn with a crit? Sid leader and maul crit aoe on a healer, 3 of the 4 main are Jedi and only 1 of those 3 actually has enough health to survive.

I'm not usually the one to cry but really this is game breaking.

Replies

• You can kill maul in less then a whole turn, he is squishy, defensless, unfarmable and extremely slow. The problem is not with maul, but with your tactics. He has nothing going for him except for his brute strength
  • DM seems to be doing less damage from his AOE vs non Jedi opponents....am I the only one that felt that? From the update, it doesn't seem like they nerf his damage...bug or something? Just my observations #don't flame me
  • Rutank
    409 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    bleeaauuh wrote: »
    You can kill maul in less then a whole turn, he is squishy, defensless, unfarmable and extremely slow. The problem is not with maul, but with your tactics. He has nothing going for him except for his brute strength

Right but when you have dooku and daka stunning your main dps's guess who's not dying? Oh yeah that's right DM

Also, recently everyone has been evading my moves so hats another factor that almost never happened to me before.

Lastly my tactics are so bad that I'm always in the top 30s and I'm about 6 levels lower than most of the top 20s
  • CronozNL
    2869 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    @Rutank:

Dooku and Daka stunning and DM critting are all conditions based on bad RNG. I wish people would stop posting stuff that happened where they got beaten. For some reason I never read that players' own characters are OP when a Luminara force wave crits a DM with ability block so he cant use AOE. I can easily start a topic saying DM is too underpowered because of this.

If your healer gets killed in 2 aoe shots (bariss or lumi) you are not strong enough in that match. I got smashed 3x today trying to go from 14 to 10. The 4th time I had 2 mins left on the timer. RNG and tactics with minor help from poor AI :smiley:
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • CronozNL wrote: »
    @Rutank:

Dooku and Daka stunning and DM critting are all conditions based on bad RNG. I wish people would stop posting stuff that happened where they got beaten.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/2089/bug-old-daka
    "they got beaten" lol

Also this game doesn't know what an RNG is from what I have seen.
  • CronozNL wrote: »
    @Rutank:

Dooku and Daka stunning and DM critting are all conditions based on bad RNG. I wish people would stop posting stuff that happened where they got beaten. For some reason I never read that players' own characters are OP when a Luminara force wave crits a DM with ability block so he cant use AOE. I can easily start a topic saying DM is too underpowered because of this.

If your healer gets killed in 2 aoe shots (bariss or lumi) you are not strong enough in that match. I got smashed 3x today trying to go from 14 to 10. The 4th time I had 2 mins left on the timer. RNG and tactics with minor help from poor AI :smiley:

My main concern is this patch it was a severe buff towards dark side and apart from ahsoka, jedis basically took a bullet since they got nerfed or stayed the same. Like I get that old Ben was strong but basically when you have to pay to get him he should be stronger. I don't pay for my crystals I farm them, so,I'm not emphasizing with paying players and I'm a dark side fan too, just wish it weren't so lopsided. I want people to want to build Jedi squads and stuff other than lum, Sid, dooku, dm, and JC or daka or bariss. That's literally 90% of the squads.
  • Lol does anybody have a dictionary to all these acronyms? Hard to understand most of it.
  • HBu3No wrote: »
    Lol does anybody have a dictionary to all these acronyms? Hard to understand most of it.

They're names of the mainly used characters. JC is Jesus ****, nah jp Jedi cpunsular
  • CronozNL
    2869 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    @Rutank that was a post about daka reviving herself after being killed. Totally different than saying Darth Maul is OP. No different than any other OP post just that you said gamebreaking instead of OP.

Ps: i won that game so no salty tears from me.
  • Keaven
    1099 posts Member
    CronozNL wrote: »
    @Rutank:

All you seem to do lately is flame people, and not contribute to the subject of peoples posts, and add your own insight and criticism of the person posting.

If you avoided flaming others and stuck to the subject, personally I would take notice of your opinion.

If this observation upsets you, don't expect a response from any flaming.

Back on topic.

The longer I've been playing the more off the RNGing of this game feels to me, I get a feeling it's mainly because of descriptions of abilities not matching how they actually mechanically work, and there are some very ambiguous descriptions as well.

After that asside, I haven't faced a Maul team to have an opinion on whether his buff was over the top. He's hit me a few times before in GW so he's not always removable before his first attack. If he can one shot many Jedis consistently then I don't think this was intended for his buff.

Perhaps @CG_AaronNemoyten can clarify from a design standpoint where they want him to sit in the meta.
    Profile: Keaven
    Guild: Fear The Boot
  • Honestly I am not the right person to talk about the meta! Ask Jesse to talk a designer into responding to that one :)
  • @Keaven
    If you call those posts flaming than be my guest.You also post based on assumptions and feelings. I don't see any flaming in those posts as I believe flaming is calling people **** or dumb...

One of your most recent posts:
    Hastiness and laziness are abundant.

no sarcasm/flaming there? Quite hypocritical to call people flamers where you are contemptuous to others.
  • SlyWalker wrote: »
    DM seems to be doing less damage from his AOE vs non Jedi opponents....am I the only one that felt that? From the update, it doesn't seem like they nerf his damage...bug or something? Just my observations #don't flame me

Read the description of the ability.
  • Rutank wrote: »
    Any reason on earth you guys want 1 character to literally aoe kill a squad in 1 turn with a crit? Sid leader and maul crit aoe on a healer, 3 of the 4 main are Jedi and only 1 of those 3 actually has enough health to survive.

I'm not usually the one to cry but really this is game breaking.

Darth maul is designed to counter Jedi, so going with a Jedi team against Jedi is like using aoe against a counter team. Wonder why he killed you so fast.
  • Keaven
    1099 posts Member
    Honestly I am not the right person to talk about the meta! Ask Jesse to talk a designer into responding to that one :)
    Thanks @CG_AaronNemoyten.

@EA_Jesse?
    Profile: Keaven
    Guild: Fear The Boot
  • The darkside is strong in this update because jedi were stronger in the meta before it. The meta will change with the next update like it always does. Darth maul really only shines against jedi teams, facing a darkside team he isn't that amazing compared to other dark side characters.
  • bleeaauuh wrote: »
    You can kill maul in less then a whole turn, he is squishy, defensless, unfarmable and extremely slow. The problem is not with maul, but with your tactics. He has nothing going for him except for his brute strength

U must have a weak team. My maul will dodge most of Ur attacks and wipe out half Ur teams health in one blow. The fact here is that maul can dodge especially when you use him as leader with other siths. Yes word of advice. Kill him immediately or suffer his wrath. He's slow because u want time to injure your opponents and strike with maul at precise time. Maul is deadly after he's tasted blood and gets only stronger
  • bleeaauuh wrote: »

U must have a weak team. My maul will dodge most of Ur attacks and wipe out half Ur teams health in one blow. The fact here is that maul can dodge especially when you use him as leader with other siths. Yes word of advice. Kill him immediately or suffer his wrath. He's slow because u want time to injure your opponents and strike with maul at precise time. Maul is deadly after he's tasted blood and gets only stronger

yeah i know but every maul i ever go against i just FOTP basic attack and it's over. if he were 140 speed then he'd be insane and at the same point be OP.