Does royal guard's taunt proc when an ally is killed from full hp?

Sysy
307 posts Member
edited March 2016
Interested in knowing all the circumstances when his taunt procs. For example, my Rey got hit by an opponent's QGJ, at what point does royal guard proc? First hit by QGJ if she goes down to under 50%, or if she survived the assist attack? My real problem is whether or not his taunt procs if my Rey went down from more than 50% left after QGJ to being killed by the assist.

Thanks
swgoh.gg/u/Sysydrexler007

Replies

• Alecation
    211 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Nope, if you get killed in 1 turn does not proc, doesn't matter how many assists happened

maybe I am wrong lol...
    Post edited by Alecation on
  • Barrok
    1753 posts Member
    If a character drops under 50% and does not die, it prompts the taunt. That can be mid-assist.

I have had it happen plenty of times where QGJ jumps on my character, it goes below 50%, RG taunts, and then the assist kills my Rey.
  • Sysy
    307 posts Member
    thanks, that hurts his utility a lot.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Barrok wrote: »
    If a character drops under 50% and does not die, it prompts the taunt. That can be mid-assist.

I have had it happen plenty of times where QGJ jumps on my character, it goes below 50%, RG taunts, and then the assist kills my Rey.

Just for clarification: but in both cases it was Rey who was attacked - so the taunt fires, but does not "save" the initial target as it doesn't take effect until after the assist is resolved.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Sysy
    307 posts Member
    @Barrok So the taunt did got proc as long as an ally drops under 50%? I wonder why Alecation seems to have a different experience...
  • yeah RG is better teamed up with characters that cant get one hit KO'd, so higher HP characters, then he really shines

• If for example, GS takes out most health, but not all of a character's health, the taunt will go off, and the assist will then kill the character. If a character goes from above 50% health to 0% health in one hit, no taunt happens. So if you use rey's third attack, she deals damage up to 4 times, which could result in the taunt going off even if the character is killed.
  • SlyGambit
    1246 posts Member
    Alecation wrote: »
    Nope, if you get killed in 1 turn does not proc, doesn't matter how many assists happened

I thought this wasn't true.

If GS attacks IG-88 and RG is on the other team this is how the sequence can go:

GS hits for 5k (setting 88 to <50% health), RG taunt triggers, the assist toon is still called and finishes off IG-88.

OTOH if FOTP hits a 15k single shot crit on 88 then RG will not taunt.

I do not know if multi-attack, vs assist attacks vs multiple hits triggers RG. IE. Rey does her multi-hit attack on IG-88 and hits 5k/5k in does RG taunt between? Probably not since it's considered 1 attack with multiple swings. If Greedo does a multi attack does RG taunt between attacks? More likely since it is considered two sep. attacks but still don't know.

I know that in other scenarios the flurry of blows differs from the Kit/Dooku/Greedo/Leia multi-attack.
  • Sysy
    307 posts Member
    @Nikoms565 Thanks for the clarification. All I want to know is if RG will taunt in that case. And it is good that he does. But the taunt will not proc if QGJ's strike does not push her below 50%, even if she is killed by the assist?
  • Rolf
    1032 posts Member
    One thing I wish they'd fix is that his taunt fires even when he's stunned. That no fair!
    My ally code: 296-673-769. Wish we could have more than 35.
  • Sysy wrote: »
    @Nikoms565 Thanks for the clarification. All I want to know is if RG will taunt in that case. And it is good that he does. But the taunt will not proc if QGJ's strike does not push her below 50%, even if she is killed by the assist?

Correct. If QGJ's first hit doesn't bring her below 50% then no taunt. If the second part of the assist kills the character then still no taunt.

• J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Sysy wrote: »

Correct. If QGJ's first hit doesn't bring her below 50% then no taunt. If the second part of the assist kills the character then still no taunt.

^^^
    Gotta be sneaky killin fools wid RG around. :neutral:
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    J7000 wrote: »

^^^
    Gotta be sneaky killin fools wid RG around. :neutral:

:) "No, don't hit him that hard...wait for it...NOW!"
    Post edited by Nikoms565 on
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Eaywen
    422 posts Member
    Yeah this makes qgj a good counter to rg against soft targets.
  • Barrok
    1753 posts Member
    @Barrok So the taunt did got proc as long as an ally drops under 50%? I wonder why Alecation seems to have a different experience...

Sorry, my response was confusing. Nikom explained it better. It does proc the taunt but doesn't save the character from the assist attack. Even double attacks like Dooku, both attacks will hit the target, he won't change mid attack.