Rework daily challenges

Ladislav
114 posts Member
In my opinion the main flaw of challenges is that once you open higher tier, you will never use lower tier again. Simple fix for that is to make rewards for daily challenges offering different material at each tier. There are many ways to implement this but there should be some strategy required here as well so that we need to plan which tier we are going to use instead of just running for the highest one all the time.

Replies

• crzydroid
    7252 posts Moderator
    ????
    Why would you WANT to run a lower tier? It should be that you always run the highest tier possible. This is currently a problem with Cargo Contraband event where the highest tier doesn't award blueprints and that desperately needs to be fixed.

There was one challenge where some gear in the second highest disappeared in the highest tier, and people were sick of having to choose between them. They fixed it in a QoL update saying that higher tiers should always have better rewards (which is why the ship event doesn't make sense). I'm not sure why you would want to go back.
  • Ladislav
    114 posts Member
    In such case there is no reason to even offer me lower tiers in the first place if I already opened the highest one.

My point was moving towards having more variety of gear you could get from daily challenges but you would need to choose which tier = which gear you want to get.
  • Mr_Sausage
    1869 posts Member
    In just a few short months you will never want to use the lowest tier again. I’m assuming you’re a newish player?
  • Mr_Sausage wrote: »
    In just a few short months you will never want to use the lowest tier again. I’m assuming you’re a newish player?

I'm playing for about an year.

Yes my point is that I have 5 tiers of daily challenges giving me gear but I will never ever use anything else than tier 5 which are giving me only two materials I need really often: Carbanti and Hypo Syringe. All other materials are just accumulating in thousands. It would be much more interesting if every tier was giving different materials and I would need to choose tier with material which is most beneficial at that moment.

With this model it does not make sense to even show lower tiers because they are useless and the only time you use them is when you make a mistake.

• jhbuchholz
    1966 posts Member
    Ladislav wrote: »
    In my opinion the main flaw of challenges is that once you open higher tier, you will never use lower tier again. Simple fix for that is to make rewards for daily challenges offering different material at each tier. There are many ways to implement this but there should be some strategy required here as well so that we need to plan which tier we are going to use instead of just running for the highest one all the time.

It used to be this way. All it did was made the gear grind longer. Quite a while ago (over a year since it was apparently before you started playing) they changed it so each tier included the rewards from the previous tier.

I prefer the current structure.
  • crzydroid
    7252 posts Moderator
    edited March 2019
    Ladislav wrote: »
    Mr_Sausage wrote: »

I'm playing for about an year.

Yes my point is that I have 5 tiers of daily challenges giving me gear but I will never ever use anything else than tier 5 which are giving me only two materials I need really often: Carbanti and Hypo Syringe. All other materials are just accumulating in thousands. It would be much more interesting if every tier was giving different materials and I would need to choose tier with material which is most beneficial at that moment.

With this model it does not make sense to even show lower tiers because they are useless and the only time you use them is when you make a mistake.

You won't make a mistake if you press the multisim button.