Remove all data cards using RNG

Ladislav
114 posts Member
All data cards including probability for rewards should be removed from the game. RNG style rewards for real money are nothing less than hazard and hazard in many countries has very tough rules - first of all hazard game should have only 18+ rating.

CG and EA would do everyone a big favor if they replaced all probability based cards with fixed price / fixed reward cards - aka know what you are buying before you buy.

There are already talks about changing legislation and I hope it will happen very soon and ban this illicit practice. Showing probabilities for current cards most probably didn't happen as openness to gamers but as the first step to avoid legislation issues.

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    the only thing bought with real money are set with fixed amounts that you know before making the purchase.

nothing can be bought with real money that is RNG dependent.

Unfortunately many of the steps taken, except in certain countries, are all good will gestures that leave giant loop holes for companies to still use these practices. they are done in a fashion that also is not for the gamers, but to seem like these politicians and companies are making a stand (this is not always the case).
  • Ladislav
    114 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Kyno wrote: »
    the only thing bought with real money are set with fixed amounts that you know before making the purchase.

nothing can be bought with real money that is RNG dependent.

Unfortunately many of the steps taken, except in certain countries, are all good will gestures that leave giant loop holes for companies to still use these practices. they are done in a fashion that also is not for the gamers, but to seem like these politicians and companies are making a stand (this is not always the case).

C'mon, this is just playing with words - you will pay for crystals with real money and you will spent thousands of crystals on cards with RNG. Unless there are two types of crystals - one from purchase and one from playing with the only second type allowed for RNG cards, there is no way how to pretend that the game is not running a hazard.

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    I am not playing with words, I am discussing this topic as it is discussed in the legal sense that many legislations and companies discuss it.

I am very interested in this topic and try to keep up on as much of it as i can as things have been developing. There are very few situations where the connection you are referencing is actually made. it is one of the biggest loopholes that is in place and intentionally left in place as we see this development happen.

You do not have to pay for crystals, therefore the use of "premium currency" is allowed to be used for "loot boxes" in many instances. In other cases the use of "loot boxes" is allowed as long as it doesn't have a "0" reward. When no "0" reward exists, many games bypass much of the laws revolving around gambling.

Again, i am no expert and this is just a topic of interest of mine. There seems to be a hand in hand development of this legislation and company guidelines with the companies in mind and not the players. I believe we are seeing the "end" of this type of microtransaction driven development, but this is just the end of its peak. it will still have a long road as they develop new ways to make a profit from gaming.
  • Ladislav
    114 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »
    I am not playing with words, I am discussing this topic as it is discussed in the legal sense that many legislations and companies discuss it.

I am very interested in this topic and try to keep up on as much of it as i can as things have been developing. There are very few situations where the connection you are referencing is actually made. it is one of the biggest loopholes that is in place and intentionally left in place as we see this development happen.

You do not have to pay for crystals, therefore the use of "premium currency" is allowed to be used for "loot boxes" in many instances. In other cases the use of "loot boxes" is allowed as long as it doesn't have a "0" reward. When no "0" reward exists, many games bypass much of the laws revolving around gambling.

Again, i am no expert and this is just a topic of interest of mine. There seems to be a hand in hand development of this legislation and company guidelines with the companies in mind and not the players. I believe we are seeing the "end" of this type of microtransaction driven development, but this is just the end of its peak. it will still have a long road as they develop new ways to make a profit from gaming.

Thank you for explanation. Very interesting.