Help on mods.

There should be a help request area on the forum not just a “new player” section.

Anyway...

I read an really well explained post on mods but for the life of me i can’t not find it which explained how to level mods and which mods to slice and when to not slice, when to keep leveling when to bin them etc. If anyone could shoot me over a nice descriptive helpful guide or a link to a you tube video that could help a fella out. Be much appreciated. I have a guild full of players that are still learning like my self but knowledge is power!

Replies

• 99py3v0209re.jpg
    That is what I do if it doesn't have an speed secondary sell it
  • Vendi1983
    5018 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Grey - toss up, I usually sell for extra currency as they only earn base secondaries with no upgrades until sliced. The slicing material is better used on a green mod. Diamonds, circles and squares will fall in buckets. Sell away, however; always keep +speed primary arrows, and LOCK them as soon as you earn one. I also keep crosses with potency, offense, tenacity, as well as Crit Chance/Crit Damage triangles.

If you're going to try slicing grey:
    - upgrade to level 12
    - if no speed shows up, sell it
    - if you get any speed secondary, try slicing. If it doesn't hit on speed don't slice it again. Waste of resources.
    - if it's a +speed primary arrow, keep it and lock it

Green - upgrade to level 9 to see if you roll +speed on any of the four secondaries. If you did, go to level 12. If it hits on speed, fantastic & LOCK IT, if it hits on a character specific stat you need (offense for attacker, potency, +protection etc) almost as good. Level that mod to 15 and use it. Slice only mods that upgrade twice (2) on speed.

Summary:
    - level to 9 right away
    - if no speed secondary, sell
    - if speed secondary, level to 12
    - if it hits speed or another ideal stat, level to 15 and LOCK IT.

Blue - upgrade to level 6 to see if you roll +speed on remaining two secondaries if it wasn't there to start. If no speed, sell the mod unless it has great stats you might need for a "B" or "C" team. If it shows speed go to 9 & hope for an increase to speed. If not, that's ok, go to 12. If it didn't hit there you still have a +3-6 speed mod that is ok for a low-use toon. Don't slice. If you hit (2) or (3) on speed then try slicing it to purple. LOCK IT

Summary:
    - level to 6 right away
    - if no speed secondary, sell it
    - if it has speed, go to 12
    - ideally it hits (3) on speed, lock it
    - if it hits (2) on speed, lock it
    - if it stays at (1) it's up to you depending on other secondaries

Purple - I tend to keep most purples with any speed unless they have absolutely garbage secondaries. Might have one of the first 3 secondaries as speed, if not; increase to 3. If you get +speed keep upgrading. Ideally you'll strike a (4) upgrade on speed, which is pretty rare. But I have plenty of purple mods that have several (2) stats and +8-10 speed. Decent mods but I won't slice. Only slice if it's (3) or (4) on speed. LOCK IT Not worth the larger investment of slicing material for less than that.

Summary:
    - level to 3 to reveal last secondary
    - if no speed present, sell it
    - if speed is present take it to level 12
    - ideally you get (3) or (4) on speed, lock it
    - if you get (2) decide to lock based on secondaries
    - if it stays at (1) I usually sell unless there's an amazing secondary (+100 or more offense, a mountain of protection or health etc)
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    An option with greys is to level up to 3 and keep if it shows speed, otherwise sell. You still make a small profit on the ones you sell and you will occasionally turn up a speed secondary.