No brainer :-(

Replies

• JarlRagnar wrote: »
    JarlRagnar wrote: »
    0dc6e-picture016.gif

????

That's where this thread belongs. There has never been so many countless ways to entertain yourself, find something else

Yep, i will (and I dont have to search long: I wait for the next total war game: warhammer :-)! But maybe my thread helps some other people to think about the awful game mechanics before they waste a much time as I did!

Dude, it's a video game. How is playing a different one any more or less a waste of time?
  • Quicksilver
    1175 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    to be fair the only real strategy in galactic war is managing cool downs on moves, resetting so you get assists from who you want, things like that, not intense battle strategies

I disagree. I think there is also a decent amount of strategy on what team makeup for each battle should be based on opponent. Facing all/mostly Jedi? Send in a team with Sid/Dooku. Mostly droids? Include Eeth (and lots of healing lol) Facing a team with 5s, Dooku and/or Kylo? Send in stunners (Daka, Dooku & Eeth). Facing a team with Chewie, Poe,RG or ST Han send in QGJ or Mace to drop the taunt.

There are also times whne you need to sen in a suicide squad - but one that will actually last long enough to get the AI to blow his specials.

Between the above and managing cool downs, assists and synergy, I think there is quite a bit of thought that can go into GW.

all that is really not necessary though, once you have a strong well built team for GW you can just power through it without having to worry about tweaking your team to matchup well against your opponents, sending in suicide squads or any of that. I usually beat node 1-12 with the same team (qgj, jc, FOTP, Leia and daka if the opponents have sid/dooku, or luminara otherwise) I dont even need to worry about suicide squads anymore, only thing I worry about is making sure my FOTP is the assisting attacker for QGJ which is a simple retreat, cause thats a guaranteed kill right there, and managing my cool downs on heals
  • Baldo wrote: »
    to be fair the only real strategy in galactic war is managing cool downs on moves, resetting so you get assists from who you want, things like that, not intense battle strategies

Exactly the only plan is to complete it! Takes about 35 minutes to do this! Plan ahead??? You can only see the battle you're on at the time! LOL this guy! @Quicksilver

I guess GW strategy can vary from person to person, if someones squad isnt strong they'll need to strategize more, if someone has power house teams that can just plow through anything without having to worry not much strategy is needed
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »

I disagree. I think there is also a decent amount of strategy on what team makeup for each battle should be based on opponent. Facing all/mostly Jedi? Send in a team with Sid/Dooku. Mostly droids? Include Eeth (and lots of healing lol) Facing a team with 5s, Dooku and/or Kylo? Send in stunners (Daka, Dooku & Eeth). Facing a team with Chewie, Poe,RG or ST Han send in QGJ or Mace to drop the taunt.

There are also times whne you need to sen in a suicide squad - but one that will actually last long enough to get the AI to blow his specials.

Between the above and managing cool downs, assists and synergy, I think there is quite a bit of thought that can go into GW.

Yep but if your team is good enough: You dont need to think! It is unbalanced! It was my first ftp game and I invested many time in it. But it was no good expirience. I prefer fullprice Strategy Games with fast progress, challenging learning curves and fair multiplayer.

If you only have six maxed out toons, your team is not good enough. Not unless you, unlike every other player posting on these forums, is getting cake walk GW's every day.

As I said, if you're facing maxed out 7* level 70 teams on every node after #2, then there is no way a roster of only 6 maxed out is good enough. My roster has 12 heroes at 6* or 7* - and there are days where GW has taken over 90 minutes - and by the time it's over I've lost at least half of those 12. Certain days it's simple, sure - but other days it's murder. Those are fun.

But if the game isn't for you, then it's not for you.
    Heywood wrote: »
    0dc6e-picture016.gif

????

That's where this thread belongs. There has never been so many countless ways to entertain yourself, find something else

Yep, i will (and I dont have to search long: I wait for the next total war game: warhammer :-)! But maybe my thread helps some other people to think about the awful game mechanics before they waste a much time as I did!

Dude, it's a video game. How is playing a different one any more or less a waste of time?

Good point :-).

And it is different for everyone. Some people play and enyoy(!) games where they only click as often an fast as they can. It is okay.

With my Post I only wanted to show my great disappointment with this game. I was very dumb. I thought it was a game about Strategy and tactic, but is only about farming. I thought it would evolve in strategic decisions when my roster gets deeper. I thought there would be challenges and I would manage my teams. But is all about farming a top 5.

• Nemesis6870
    92 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Wow this is a worthless thread. ...op just delete and move on.....too much Drama
  • Wow this is a worthless thread. ...op just delete and move on.....too much Drama

Could you Please explain your opinion? So your post seems worthless.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member

all that is really not necessary though, once you have a strong well built team for GW you can just power through it without having to worry about tweaking your team to matchup well against your opponents, sending in suicide squads or any of that. I usually beat node 1-12 with the same team (qgj, jc, FOTP, Leia and daka if the opponents have sid/dooku, or luminara otherwise)

Why didn't you say you were a whale? ;)

Of course it's boring for you.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Nemesis6870
    92 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Pretty self explanatory. ...not happy just delete the game and move on....what I see in your complaint is that your bored and just want to dramatize.....just be adult about it and move on

all that is really not necessary though, once you have a strong well built team for GW you can just power through it without having to worry about tweaking your team to matchup well against your opponents, sending in suicide squads or any of that. I usually beat node 1-12 with the same team (qgj, jc, FOTP, Leia and daka if the opponents have sid/dooku, or luminara otherwise)

You didnt Talk to me, but: I am not a whale and I am also bored. the only important decisions in the game are whom to Farm next.... And you play days without such a decision.
  • I'm sorry but if a game is that boring to you why play it not being funny but I don't understand why any one would play a game they don't enjoy
  • J7000 wrote: »
    Most games I hated and didn't enjoy I don't think I ever made a point to post about it in the forum for that game; I just found a new game. Maybe you are just frustrated?

Yep, but in this game I invested a lot of time expecting an increase in strategy and improving gameplay. But the game was getting worse not better. Yep, i am frustrated because I invested time to improve my squad and Now I have good team but no good game!
  • To be fair op you have a point sometimes this game is frustrating but this game is young and I believe it will develop as time goes on give it time or move on
  • All of the complaints here are just a side effect that occurs when players feel neglected, not listened to and ignored by developers. Between the ninja updates and lack of real entertaining content, players are venting their frustrations in many ways, this is one of them.

The biggest shame is that in the right hands, this game could have been so much better and the forums would be the opposite of today, where members posted endless praise of the game and the developers. There are other games out there in this genre that accomplish that, you'd think EA would turn to those successful devs and offer to pay them to consult on this title, which I'm sure they'd do and make the game better, yet they seem to almost have disdain for this title, like they want to kill it.....
  • Pretty self explanatory. ...not happy just delete the game and move on....what I see in your complaint is that your bored and just want to dramatize.....just be adult about it and move on

Yep... I am not happy and I delete the game :-) but I can also tell other people that this game is boring, repetetive and an Impostor.
    I am an adult... Playing Games since centuries.....

oh come on, you had to bust out the W word didnt you, compared to most I wouldnt call myself a whale i'd say I was more of a dolphin, but that was when I first started playing, I havent spent a cent on this game in a really long time, I learnt my lesson very fast, EA aint getting nothing from me anymore. It seemed with every pack I opened I got Leia shards though, she got to 7* super quickly.

I dont find GW boring, its still the funnest part of this game, all im saying, and this will be the same for you, once you have the right characters and the right levels you wont need to rely on strategy as much, you can if you want, but it gets to a point where its not necessary unless you enjoy doing it. Sometimes I will do what you said and try and pick a team that counters my enemy team, but GW needs to be done every day, sometimes I just want to turn my mind off and power through it
  • Well then delete and toddle off elsewhere :'(
  • To be fair op you have a point sometimes this game is frustrating but this game is young and I believe it will develop as time goes on give it time or move on

I hope so, but than there should be some New Elements invested or the old Elements improved. At the Moment it is a waste of time....
  • All of the complaints here are just a side effect that occurs when players feel neglected, not listened to and ignored by developers. Between the ninja updates and lack of real entertaining content, players are venting their frustrations in many ways, this is one of them.

The biggest shame is that in the right hands, this game could have been so much better and the forums would be the opposite of today, where members posted endless praise of the game and the developers. There are other games out there in this genre that accomplish that, you'd think EA would turn to those successful devs and offer to pay them to consult on this title, which I'm sure they'd do and make the game better, yet they seem to almost have disdain for this title, like they want to kill it.....

Could be....
  • Cometheloser
    944 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    But that's my point give the game time to develop .honestly if you feel that the game has run its course for you then that's fine I'm sure you will find something else but to keep posting how bad you think this game is just so you can put others off of the game is surely a very pointless exercise ;)
  • Nemesis6870
    92 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Jarl...its not that I completely disagree with you....this game is not at all what it could and should be....
    I just dont see why people need to stress out and beat them selves up and at the same time create drama...I just delete and move on.....makes life much more enjoyable.
    Anyhow...good luck on your adventures to finding a decent phone game...im still looking too
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member

oh come on, you had to bust out the W word didnt you, compared to most I wouldnt call myself a whale i'd say I was more of a dolphin, but that was when I first started playing, I havent spent a cent on this game in a really long time, I learnt my lesson very fast, EA aint getting nothing from me anymore. It seemed with every pack I opened I got Leia shards though, she got to 7* super quickly.

I dont find GW boring, its still the funnest part of this game, all im saying, and this will be the same for you, once you have the right characters and the right levels you wont need to rely on strategy as much, you can if you want, but it gets to a point where its not necessary unless you enjoy doing it. Sometimes I will do what you said and try and pick a team that counters my enemy team, but GW needs to be done every day, sometimes I just want to turn my mind off and power through it

I was just messing. I hear you.
    Some days GW can almost 'auto'd, but not usually for me.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Yudoka wrote: »
    No cent... I am playing free.

Then I find it a bit puzzling that you aren't finding a challenge and don't think strategy is involved. Are you high rank in arena and are able to finish GW daily? What level are you and are you main characters maxed?

I'm free 2 play and I rank top 50 most days Patiants is key enjoy rather than sit the whining about it
  • Heywood wrote: »
    0dc6e-picture016.gif

????

Waste of time: You were tricked into playing while believing that the strategic components rise along with expanding your roster of chars.
  • Greg1920 wrote: »
    If your FTP and only 40-100 then it looks like the game is challenging you. You can easily be top 20 FTP. You can also hit rank 1 at payout. If you haven't done these things you still have work to do.

Ok meanwhile I was in the top twenty...but it's still not about thinking. Now I use the Internet to see which toon to Farm next because every wrong decision needs weeks to be corrected....
    But the game should not be about Strategy (weeks of right farming), also about tactic (changeS in your team and the right move in battle!).
  • giphy.gif

Just wanted to say that this is awesome before this thread gets closed.

• Powda
    525 posts Member

ROFLMAO.

Then you got exactly what you paid for. Complaining about something you got to do for free... Really.
  • Powda wrote: »

ROFLMAO.

Then you got exactly what you paid for. Complaining about something you got to do for free... Really.

???? It is free to play...why should I not complain? They could make the game or the forum only for paying players.... It is not...So rofl
  • Arube
    1026 posts Member
    The game is so unchallenging and boring... I am frustrated how many time I invested without any substantive progress or evolution in my party or the gameplay.

It is all about wasting money and/or time.....nothing about skills or strategy/tactic.

If you've had no evolution in your party then you've obviously been playing badly.
    The significance of Critical-Utopian Socialism and Communism bears an inverse relation to historical development.
  • Arube wrote: »
    The game is so unchallenging and boring... I am frustrated how many time I invested without any substantive progress or evolution in my party or the gameplay.

It is all about wasting money and/or time.....nothing about skills or strategy/tactic.

If you've had no evolution in your party then you've obviously been playing badly.

I have evolution in my party but it is as slow as a snail: in Gw Shop I need 23 days to evolve a character and that is by way the fastest possibilty. In Arena Shop I need about 31 days, cantina Shop 60 days. And so is the farming decision so important and the daily gameplay is so unimportant. that is imho an awful mismatch in the gameplay. Every ten days you have a really important decision and in between you only do mechanics and clicking: Win daily 5 Arena fights and a GW. Play sim- and Auto- fights.
  • then stop using the retreat button .. and stop trolling around here !