GA 3/2/19 ?

13Next

Replies

• StarSon
    7411 posts Member
    Why is it so hard, @CG_TopHat, to take a quick decision on this and post an update before everyone who has joined the current GA has to put defenses and thus waste additional time in case it will be canceled?
    I honestly don't really mind if you cancel it or not, but you should let us know already whether to invest any more time or not!!!

Suggestion: Give everyone 1m Credits and 8 impulse modulators as a make good for the mess and any time wasted on this (e. g. for remodding, which I did yesterday for it...) ,
    cancel the current event and start it again.

Because they can't communicate good.
  • Reyalp
    738 posts Member
    Lio wrote: »
    Reyalp wrote: »
    Jack92 wrote: »
    GeiloRen87 wrote: »
    They shouldn't cancel it. There are numerous people unaffected by it. They should just schedule an additional one later this week. If they cancel it they'll just get a backlash from those who can/have joined the 3/3 one

Second this, who cares about those who only play it casually? I'm finally in a bracket where I have a fighting chance (i.e. no Revan).

Play It casually = 1 hour of join
    XD

There are people sleeping during this period.
    People who work and can't take the phone during that time.
    And so on...

I don't see what your point is? I had 24 hours to join. I shouldn't be penalised for their mistake. If they cancel it, then everyone should get 1st place rewards. Just putting another one in solves the problem as the only people affected are those who played the 28/2 one AND didn't register within the hour.

TRANSLATION: "I didn't join the previous GA and missed out on rewards so since I just got an undeserved benefit the devs should let me get these rewards as a freebie and they should be unfair to the majority of players who DID join the previous GA. Also, I always lose at GA and love that the smaller pool of players who joined this GA means I'm paired with weaker players for once. Also, I put question marks at the end of sentences that aren't questions."

Not really mate. Didn't join the last one cause I was busy and not glued to the game. They scheduled an event and it should run. They should then make a decision on how to compensate the rest of you
  • Reyalp wrote: »
    They shouldn't cancel it. There are numerous people unaffected by it. They should just schedule an additional one later this week. If they cancel it they'll just get a backlash from those who can/have joined the 3/3 one

Second this, who cares about those who only play it casually? I'm finally in a bracket where I have a fighting chance (i.e. no Revan).

XD

And so on...

I don't see what your point is? I had 24 hours to join. I shouldn't be penalised for their mistake. If they cancel it, then everyone should get 1st place rewards. Just putting another one in solves the problem as the only people affected are those who played the 28/2 one AND didn't register within the hour.

TRANSLATION: "I didn't join the previous GA and missed out on rewards so since I just got an undeserved benefit the devs should let me get these rewards as a freebie and they should be unfair to the majority of players who DID join the previous GA. Also, I always lose at GA and love that the smaller pool of players who joined this GA means I'm paired with weaker players for once. Also, I put question marks at the end of sentences that aren't questions."

Not really mate. Didn't join the last one cause I was busy and not glued to the game. They scheduled an event and it should run. They should then make a decision on how to compensate the rest of you

Ah, the old 'I have a life' argument... A likely story
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • Reyalp
    738 posts Member

XD

And so on...

Ah, the old 'I have a life' argument... A likely story

True story. Doesn't change the fact they scheduled an event and it should run
  • Why is it so hard, @CG_TopHat, to take a quick decision on this and post an update before everyone who has joined the current GA has to put defenses and thus waste additional time in case it will be canceled?
    I honestly don't really mind if you cancel it or not, but you should let us know already whether to invest any more time or not!!!

Suggestion: Give everyone 1m Credits and 8 impulse modulators as a compensation for the mess and any time and resources wasted on this (e. g. for remodding, which I did yesterday for it...), cancel the current event and start it again.

Throw in 20 zeta mats and I will be a happy camper.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Why is it so hard, @CG_TopHat, to take a quick decision on this and post an update before everyone who has joined the current GA has to put defenses and thus waste additional time in case it will be canceled?

Suggestion: Give everyone 1m Credits and 8 impulse modulators as a compensation for the mess and any time and resources wasted on this (e. g. for remodding, which I did yesterday for it...), cancel the current event and start it again.

Most likely because the person addressing this at that moment (Top Hat) cant make that call.

It's not a simple decision and they also need to figure out if they can reschedule without creating too much havoc, or pushing out an update that could mess some other event up.
    Update: it looks like it's being canceled and rescheduled. Waiting on the official post for all the details.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/197149/grand-arena-reschedule#latest
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    Hi Holotable Heroes,

We experienced some issues with the sign up period for the March 3rd Grand Arena overlapping with the Review period of the previous Grand Arena, detailed here. We will be rescheduling this event to start 3/5 and allow players the full time to join from 3/5/19 - 3/6/19 (Starting at 2:00pm Pacific/20:00 UTC).

Please note that the Grand Arena starting later today will be canceled with an update shortly and you do not need to set defenses.

This discussion has been closed.