How I got to first with General Grievous

Prev13
Sarbitar
263 posts Member
edited March 2019
Okkeeejjjj so appears that GG really works. I'm a little ashamed that I was in the anty GG faction but I was wrong.

Took first today in arena. Yeah you need the zetas. You don't need 7* (I'm on 4* B1 and droideka). Running zzGG, zzBB8, zB1, zB2, zDroideka.

I can actually hit for 87k sometimes (with ID). Without ID I saw hits for 65k easily. Yes it was at the end of the battle. Yeah it took time to learn it.

Slow droideka with offense mods, GG after B2, always kill Yoda regardless of Jolees revive. I win even with Marked on B1. The only time I loose if B2 wont put any buff immunity or his cooldowns won't be reduced (doesn't happen often)

So...not so bad after all. On offense CLS will still kill you. ZFinn won't, Traya probably will (didn't win yet, but I think it's possible - had only 3 battles so far)

Here's my rooster:
https://swgoh.gg/p/392911963/

Here's how the battle goes:
https://youtu.be/xt_Q8gGpr7M

Thx to @Smapty for pointing the strategy.

Replies

• Jarvind
    3925 posts Member
    Hurray! A post about Grievous that isn't "greevus r badz."

Nice job dude.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Nice work! Congrats!
    WhoVille Sheriff - Ally Code: 244-425-158 - https://swgoh.gg/u/whovillesheriff/
    Discord: WhoVille Sheriff#3439

Guild Collaboration Founder: Just Sithed Myself
    Discord.gg/FvBdmtz
    https://swgoh.gg/g/21201/just-sithed-myself/
  • Fair play nice 1 👍🏻
  • Awesome
  • Droideka
    615 posts Member
    Jarvind wrote: »

Nice job dude.
    He is not bad. It is just the most backloaded team we have ever seen. The team is pretty good (but can’t beat meta teams except for Revan on offense and loses to all on defense), but they need to be full g12 7 stars with zetas to get there. And before that point, the team is useless garbage. No other team needs this much gear and this many zetas to be effective, so in a way GG is still a trash team.
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    Well done...
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    That's a big bag of health he's got. I never realized how important G12 was to him. I've had Greivous at G11 for a long time and modded for health once the rework came through, but I'm only sitting at about half of that. Good to know.

Assuming you had a Health triangle instead of that Speed triangle, what primary/secondary stats would you look for? Still crit damage primary, or health primary?
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • HK666
    1263 posts Member
    You know, plenty of people complain that GG requires so much investment to beat other teams, but doesn't that just mean there's a whole lot less power creep than previous teams? Which is something else people complain about
  • No one cares about can openers that couldn't beat kenobi
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Droideka wrote: »

Nice job dude.
    He is not bad. It is just the most backloaded team we have ever seen. The team is pretty good (but can’t beat meta teams except for Revan on offense and loses to all on defense), but they need to be full g12 7 stars with zetas to get there. And before that point, the team is useless garbage. No other team needs this much gear and this many zetas to be effective, so in a way GG is still a trash team.

Not trash, but certainly not worth the investment; yet. We could very well see a Clone/Galactic Republic legendary requiring these droids this year.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Sarbitar wrote: »
    I think I would still go for crit damage. Actually I changed it now, just don't have it on 6*. He's got plenty of health and I don't think he needs more to be effective.

I have a 6* health mod with +16% health, giving him 61k health total but also with +20speed and that would make him too speedy, and b2 has to go before him.

I'll switch to more health tomorrow and see where that gets me.

Good to know, thank you!
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • good team man
    i modded gg for health, b2 prot and pot, droideka for offense, right?
    how to mod b1?

all zetas are needed?

thx
  • CosmicJ
    348 posts Member
    Congrats man. The team is definitely viable. I think the real problem is the investment (I've done both revan and grievous... grievous is way harder, revan is heaps better).

Some of us vets spent 4950 character shards just to 7* grievous back in the day (before he was put into fleet shipments, that was the only way to do it). That's equivalent to fifteen 7* characters fyi. We then had to wait 2.5 years for grievous to be useable for pretty much any game mode. Then this team requires heavy gear, zetas, and 2 marquee characters that are super important to make the team really work.

Hopefully you guys can see why a. it was hyped and b. Why people are a bit upset that it didn't shake up the (very boring) meta that exists right now.

I really hope carrie stays true to her words on reddit and considers the points nottagoon raised on his Reddit post.

--

Nottagoon:

'Two things I would love for you to consider.

Tweak this team to make it worth the investment. Not a huge soul crushing tweak, but make it a little bit better than a 9 month old traya meta. (Which destroyed my maxed Droid team.)

Give us the option to pull our gear and zetas and omegas from a product we don't feel is what we were shown and give us the option to reuse the gear. Many of us may but I generally like to have a choice and I feel that I invested this gear based on some hype that fell well short of the product.'

Carrie:

'I will strongly consider both your suggestions. I appreciate you taking the time to come up with some ideas and initiating this conversation.'

--

Personally i don't want the zetas and gear back, i actually really like the team and the mechanics. I just want some tweaks so that this team performs a little more competitively.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    CosmicJ wrote: »
    Congrats man. The team is definitely viable. I think the real problem is the investment (I've done both revan and grievous... grievous is way harder, revan is heaps better).

Some of us vets spent 4950 character shards just to 7* grievous back in the day (before he was put into fleet shipments, that was the only way to do it). That's equivalent to fifteen 7* characters fyi. We then had to wait 2.5 years for grievous to be useable for pretty much any game mode. Then this team requires heavy gear, zetas, and 2 marquee characters that are super important to make the team really work.

Hopefully you guys can see why a. it was hyped and b. Why people are a bit upset that it didn't shake up the (very boring) meta that exists right now.

I really hope carrie stays true to her words on reddit and considers the points nottagoon raised on his Reddit post.

--

Nottagoon:

'Two things I would love for you to consider.

Tweak this team to make it worth the investment. Not a huge soul crushing tweak, but make it a little bit better than a 9 month old traya meta. (Which destroyed my maxed Droid team.)

Give us the option to pull our gear and zetas and omegas from a product we don't feel is what we were shown and give us the option to reuse the gear. Many of us may but I generally like to have a choice and I feel that I invested this gear based on some hype that fell well short of the product.'

Carrie:

'I will strongly consider both your suggestions. I appreciate you taking the time to come up with some ideas and initiating this conversation.'

--

Personally i don't want the zetas and gear back, i actually really like the team and the mechanics. I just want some tweaks so that this team performs a little more competitively.

My only issue is the “option to pull gear and zetas”. This would be heavily abused, and you would only ever need enough zetas for one team, to move around from meta to meta.
  • CosmicJ
    348 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Hmm i took his comment to mean cg giving us the mats back and reverting the toons back to ungeared state, as a one time thing. Similar to what they did with daka.

Like i said, i don't want that. I'd much prefer some tweaks.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    But it doesnt seem like it needs tweaks. People just jumped to conclusions too fast and got all foaming-at-the-mouth angry when the could not take first on auto with their 4* characters with B team mods.
  • CosmicJ
    348 posts Member
    That's true for some people, yes. But if you head over to the droid server, the guys there are testing it out pretty thoroughly with fully maxed teams.

Yes you can climb with it, even reach number 1 (as the op did) because it does have some viability against revan (which is almost 90% of the top arena teams)... but it gets destroyed on D by the 3 top tier teams. Also struggles on offense against traya and cls. Just doesn't seem right.

Seems like a massive investment for a territory war team.
  • Ninjah9
    906 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    VonZant wrote: »
    But it doesnt seem like it needs tweaks. People just jumped to conclusions too fast and got all foaming-at-the-mouth angry when the could not take first on auto with their 4* characters with B team mods.

Uh yea, he definitely does need tweaks. He is still garbage, and a HUGE disappointment.

@Sarbitar : Getting first is nice, but I can "get first" with the nightsisters.Im curious to know how far did you fall after getting first??? Be honest...
  • Phoenixeon
    1842 posts Member
    Nihion wrote: »
    Droideka wrote: »

Nice job dude.

Not trash, but certainly not worth the investment; yet. We could very well see a Clone/Galactic Republic legendary requiring these droids this year.

He's definitely worth.
    There are soo many teams around cant beat revan with max'ed gear and zeta.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    CosmicJ wrote: »
    That's true for some people, yes. But if you head over to the droid server, the guys there are testing it out pretty thoroughly with fully maxed teams.

Yes you can climb with it, even reach number 1 (as the op did) because it does have some viability against revan (which is almost 90% of the top arena teams)... but it gets destroyed on D by the 3 top tier teams. Also struggles on offense against traya and cls. Just doesn't seem right.

Seems like a massive investment for a territory war team.

But what else is necessary? Climbing is useful. My maxed zeta g12 scoundrels could hold top 30 after first Revan release. Now I'm lucky to break top 100. I can't climb because I cant beat him. (And yes I have Revan but I refuse to run him).

And @Ninjah9 I do understand he could use a tweak to make him better. Ive sugested a simple one myself (one turn damage immunity to start the battle). But again having a team that can climb against sea of Revans is already valuable and fullfills what they sold. Nothing guarantees he should hold on D - and you dont really need to. Just climb to 1 then who cares how far you fall. Just do it again the next day. 99% of the teams in the game cant climb at all.
  • Ninjah9
    906 posts Member
    It totally matters how far you fall. Because you wont be able to climb to your previous spot without spending crystals, which in this game basically translates to money. There are much simpler teams that can "climb" in Revan flooded arenas, like the nightsisters; and they only need one zeta...

And what do you mean "nothing gurantees that he should"?
  • Ninjah9
    906 posts Member
    scu7me5yj00k.jpg
    Sarbitar wrote: »
    @Ninjah9 I woke up on 37. I have my payout at 2PM.

And sorry but no - Nightsister won't get you to first, not on my shard. I have a few people with maxed NSs on my guild and with Revan>310 speed this just won't do, at least not reliably. I fought 15 revans yesterday, and lost like twice. Honestly. Not any Ns team in my top100.

I agree with @VonZant as for the climb.

As for the tweaks - there are some simple ones that would make them viable. Damage immunity on first run? Too overpowered in my opinion and you can't actually explain this skill in any way and connect it to lore. B1 immune to %health damage for instance would solve pretty much. And B2 can't be countered and voila.

Um, sorry yes ns do beat Revan teams, and they do it way better than GG teams. If there's no NS in your top 100, it's because no one figured it out in your shard...

All the Revans in my top 30 are maxed out. I'm at #12, and the other guy using ns is at #3. Both of us take #1st daily...

ns8dkz01rljt.jpg
    zkrc3coj3oas.jpg
    kzoz4omhuwqv.jpg
    k4lagro308h1.jpg
  • Ninjah9
    906 posts Member
    24b6piw4mqap.jpg
    kebqm857bxzr.jpg
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    I just mean that typically there is only one team at a time that holds really well on D. And right now Revan is that team. NS and CLS and Finn dont hold on D, but all can be used to climb. At least they can all win on Offense - and that has value.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    We have NS in our top 100 but they fall during the day. In fact - I am glad they are there - I pick on NS and CLS to climb because my scoundrels can beat both on auto 90% of the time.
  • Ninjah9
    906 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Total Revan pwnage!

xhj7rjjfh58y.jpg
    ytcr6k45x7l8.jpg
    buqx92afd2ms.jpg
  • Ninjah9
    906 posts Member
    If you're ok with an all revan arena, then great for you. But most think it is boring as hell, even most revan players. The last meta we had, had at least 4 teams competing. Now just one. Winning on offense does have value, but having a team with no viable counter is ridiculous, a totally bad move by the devs. As of right now the game is broken. Unless they create a counter to Revan that can still be beat by other teams, this game will die.