Where does PvP go after Jedi Revan?

Maybe I'm overthinking it a little, but is anyone else a bit concerned about this? ^^^

There's just so much health and protection regeneration it's hard to see how it would be countered. After going through saviour it's essentially pure RNG: can you get enough attacks in back-to-back (without a counter) in order to take out Jolee. I hope they find an inventive way to do it, but from a layman's perspective I can only imagine they'll have to build a horrible kit like Traya's where it's "X doesn't affect them", "if the enemy does Y they lose health". Just seems like they've made kits/factions too complicated where the only way to counter is to directly punish the meta team's bonuses. I think it's an issue which kills the overall viability of teams and makes it very much Team A vs Team B - it stops a variety of teams being able to compete.

I just hope this game doesn't turn to complete crap before they release the big dogs with Jedi Luke and the likes.

Replies

  • Alijar1
    242 posts Member
    Mass heal immunities, unresistable unrevivable defeats and a whole metric tonne of damage
    #MakeTuskensGreat
    tenor.gif
  • EA needs money so where the money is is where pvp will go
  • Reegis
    2 posts Member
    edited March 3
    Alijar1 wrote: »
    Mass heal immunities, unresistable unrevivable defeats and a whole metric tonne of damage

    Yes good shout, mass healing immunity which can't be dispelled (like JTR's) would do it, though would need to be "unresistable" too due to all their tenacity.
  • Halmirus wrote: »
    EA needs money so where the money is is where pvp will go

    How insightful and pertinent to the topic - thanks for your contribution
  • Kyno
    22136 posts Moderator
    There are some simple solutions that break up the current meta, not sure how many are viable, or not major creep.

    - as stated mass heal immunity
    - block attacks out of turn
    - block TM granting/swapping negates revans second ability
    - irresistible death mark
    - B2 style, aoe cleanse then attack/debuff
    - 100% counter from lead
    - dispell on basic, maybe for whole team from lead
    - damage increase or TM granted when opponent gains a buff

    Many if these are individual abilities in game already, a few of these combined into a leader ability would easily break up a revan team, or at least make them reliably beatable.

    The speed is an issue, but if you remove all the buffs, they mostly hit like wet noodles and heal much less (no counters).

    Dealing with the revive is something that will need to be dealt with too, but deathmark or some high crit chance to help cut down jolee, may be able to keep that in check.
  • Ladislav
    114 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »
    There are some simple solutions that break up the current meta, not sure how many are viable, or not major creep.

    - as stated mass heal immunity
    - block attacks out of turn
    - block TM granting/swapping negates revans second ability
    - irresistible death mark
    - B2 style, aoe cleanse then attack/debuff
    - 100% counter from lead
    - dispell on basic, maybe for whole team from lead
    - damage increase or TM granted when opponent gains a buff

    Many if these are individual abilities in game already, a few of these combined into a leader ability would easily break up a revan team, or at least make them reliably beatable.

    The speed is an issue, but if you remove all the buffs, they mostly hit like wet noodles and heal much less (no counters).

    Dealing with the revive is something that will need to be dealt with too, but deathmark or some high crit chance to help cut down jolee, may be able to keep that in\ check.

    That all sounds fine but only as long as it does not create another unbeatable Meta team. Advantage against Revan and Jedi's are must but the team must be still vulnerable against other teams to bring more balance.
  • Syce
    24 posts Member
    Ladislav wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    There are some simple solutions that break up the current meta, not sure how many are viable, or not major creep.

    - as stated mass heal immunity
    - block attacks out of turn
    - block TM granting/swapping negates revans second ability
    - irresistible death mark
    - B2 style, aoe cleanse then attack/debuff
    - 100% counter from lead
    - dispell on basic, maybe for whole team from lead
    - damage increase or TM granted when opponent gains a buff

    Many if these are individual abilities in game already, a few of these combined into a leader ability would easily break up a revan team, or at least make them reliably beatable.

    The speed is an issue, but if you remove all the buffs, they mostly hit like wet noodles and heal much less (no counters).

    Dealing with the revive is something that will need to be dealt with too, but deathmark or some high crit chance to help cut down jolee, may be able to keep that in\ check.

    That all sounds fine but only as long as it does not create another unbeatable Meta team. Advantage against Revan and Jedi's are must but the team must be still vulnerable against other teams to bring more balance.

    Agreed, but that doesn't make money. Be prepared to keep chasing the meta or play a different game.
  • Alukai
    29 posts Member
    The meta will change. It always does. The meta character usually gets three times of returning before they introduce the anti faction of whatever the meta currently is. This has been happening since the game came out. One of the first meta characters was rid Han Solo. Thrawn came out and if you had him, you won, Bb8 created a meta for a while. But then you have a real big one like CLS who stayed meta for a long time. If you wanted to place in arena you had to have him. Then Traya came out. (Timeline is not 100% accurate) Traya teams were unbeatable until Revan came out. He had one more round of being the super meta. Then by the time most F2P characters can get him they will change who and what is meta once again.
  • Vendi1983
    3505 posts Member
    edited March 4
    "It IS pretty bad"

    Whenever an enemy is revived and Darth Revan is active, he gains 100% TM and 50% of that enemy's max health, protection, offense, and speed for the remainder of the encounter. These effects can stack with each revive.
  • Vendi1983 wrote: »
    "It IS pretty bad"

    Whenever an enemy is revived and Darth Revan is active, he gains 100% TM and 50% of that enemy's max health, protection, offense, and speed for the remainder of the encounter. These effects can stack with each revive.

    So back to whose Nihilus gets to use anihiliate sooner?
  • Vendi1983
    3505 posts Member
    Tongue in cheek but yes.
  • YaeVizsla
    3206 posts Member
    If I had to guess, I'd say a stronger toon with some manner of "can't revive" effect is in the works.

    If the Revan rumors hold true, and Badstila's kit is an indication, then they will have some source of Deathmark, which is a strong way to focus down a unit, and you can't revive from Deathmark.
    Still not a he.
  • Vendi1983
    3505 posts Member
    Actually the Deathmark/can't revive thing is Death Trooper. The debuff itself just means they lose 50% health whenever they're hit, kind of a Super Expose.
  • Hopefully it gets removed and they move crystal rewards over to GA. Leave arena as is but without the crystals to allow us to have a playground to have fun in and battle other fun teams purely for entertainment.
  • Easy solution is to introduce G13 (we are not that far from that) and give other characters some interesting jump in stats (same as Mk VI mods did for less used sets) while not giving too much to existing top teams. Since these pieces would be almost impossible to farm, it would also bring a lot of $$$ to CG's coffers - and that is what this game is about.
  • Dk_rek
    3242 posts Member
    edited March 5
    It will get much worse IMO. Not if your a Doctor or CEO or something... for a peasant like me...back to the 200's

    Kyno has the best post kinda..... you can break up the meta different ways but will still require EXACT teams, exact mods, you got it or you don't type of thing... kinda like now.

    to be fair i never cared about arena only ships but....that's not really much fun anymore with the lack of content...

    no matter what I still have hope :)
    Ladislav wrote: »
    Easy solution is to introduce G13 (we are not that far from that) and give other characters some interesting jump in stats (same as Mk VI mods did for less used sets) while not giving too much to existing top teams. Since these pieces would be almost impossible to farm, it would also bring a lot of $$$ to CG's coffers - and that is what this game is about.

    Oh please no.... Ridiculous amount of people still can't get G8-12...but G12+.... OMG and buying though shard store or somewhere else.... It could take people a year just to gear one toon....

    They need to fix HSTR rewards ASAP if they wanna do G13...... Don't get me wrong G13 should be hard to get...but your talking about GA and TW where one G13 team could hold off anything...

    I just don't think we are there yet..... I know you want your General Grievous damage from G13...but please not yet :)

    Besides CG has not said they have no plans of going to G13 yet so it's not coming... Once they say we have no plans for G13 at this time it's two weeks away like 12
Sign In or Register to comment.