Do we like TW with super buffed factions or classic better?

Do we like TW with super buffed factions or classic better? 71 votes

Classic
50% 36 votes
Super buffs
49% 35 votes

Replies

• Absolutely love the buffs. Only people complaining about them that i see are The post TW start players who were able to focus on just the necessary for the already released meta.
  • Bouu
    109 posts Member
    It’s great seeing unusual squads. A change of pace from setting the same old in the same place, then fighting the same squads with the same counters every war. I wish they would have done bans again. That war had the greatest variety in toons seen since TW started
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Absolutely love the buffs. Only people complaining about them that i see are The post TW start players who were able to focus on just the necessary for the already released meta.

i don't like em and i don't think i fall into that catagory, so there you go ;)
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • CaptainRex
    2840 posts Member
    Super buffs make TW so much fun!
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • If we are appeased by faction / toon buffs in TW they will be moved down the rework list.

Wouldn't you rather a rework or new character release to make them viable in other areas rather than a once in a while super buff?
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Absolutely love the buffs. Only people complaining about them that i see are The post TW start players who were able to focus on just the necessary for the already released meta.

Launch player - don't like super-buffs. So, another "sorry, your massive assumption is wrong." post.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Perdogie
    130 posts Member
    I’m 50/50. I like 4-5 individual toons getting huge buffs, like Mace’s anti-Sith insanity. But I’m not a fan of an entire faction being roided and methed
  • I love the buffs. I would prefer there be no classic TWs.
  • I like the buffs and the theory crafting that comes along with it. Way more engaging than the vanilla TW.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • I like buffs if they are a little less OP than the ones who are now
  • Zombie961
    1819 posts Member
    Alternate, give us some vanilla and some buffs
  • They overdid it. Big time. Clones just did 112k+ to baze in one turn. I added the plus because I don’t even know how much total they did. He has 112k health/protection and was just killed immediately. I was going to use r2 and stealth everyone but baze so he could be my meat shield, but baze was killed before my +116 speed r2 got a turn. I don’t mind bonuses but they go so far overboard that it’s not fun.
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Perdogie wrote: »
    I’m 50/50. I like 4-5 individual toons getting huge buffs, like Mace’s anti-Sith insanity. But I’m not a fan of an entire faction being roided and methed
    This.

Super buffing older hero characters can be fun.

Moderately buffing older factions can be fun.

Super buffing whole factions is not fun.
  • SCCH
    62 posts Member
    Super buffs completely suck and break the game mode and any possible strategy or planning
  • Sentia
    280 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    I would be okay with the buffs if there was more variety and creativity in them. They don't need to be more powerful, they are already over kill. I would like moderate buffs for different factions, not the same ones over and over. Like give Tuskans +100 Tenacity and +50% defense. Also more single low usefulness characters getting buffs, Like Give Anakin or Rose the "Savior" skill Revan has.

Also would like to see a TW with squads of 6 that have 2 leaderships, cause that would actually get crazy with all the theory crafting for OP combinations, and we would see some more of the less used leaderships combined with popular ones and it would stretch your roster for leaderships.
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    I'm into the buffs. It brings back some old, "useless" characters and adds some variety. Some of them are kind of uninspired, though - the Clones basically just get "WE MAED AL TEH NUMBARZ REELY BIGZ" instead of anything creative. I'd like to see more stuff like the Mace buff that makes him a Sith destroyer.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Mucro
    101 posts Member
    I'm fine with moderate buffs that make a toon or faction more interesting without being straight up OP, like they did with CUP and GG. Makes us consider them, but also makes us think twice before just using them as cookie cutter. Simply super buffing a faction with a text that roughly translates into "this team is guaranteed to beat atleast 15 teams before they tire and give in" isn't very fun imo. It's lazy development to just super buff something instead of making it exciting.
  • 62l2ba65ktwp.png
    I do like the current superbuffs. They turn factions into Revan-level difficulty. Hard, but far from impossible.
    ...If you’re willing to put the thought into it. They did not.
    Participation trophy? No. You want something: earn it.