Houndstooth and Uneven Fleet Shard Sucks

f82bd
81 posts Member
edited March 2019
I had posted some of this in another reply but I thought it was worth its own discussion.

After spending over a month and hours a day of knocking my head against the HT wall as a new player (!Attention developers!), I have to say that HT along with the lopsided shard I'm in is just a motivation/fun killer, a.k.a motivation/fun suck.

8 out of 11 fleet squads ahead of me in fleet arena have HT and have anywhere from 100k to 600k GP more than me. They are mostly level 85 and I just hit 82. And it's been that uneven since level 60. It doesn't sound like much but it's months of farming difference for F2P. Not to mention the ever growing earnings difference in crystals since teams with HT are just about always ahead of me. You can't even start to farm Bossk until level 85 aside from the store and all I've been doing from the start is concentrating on farming ships and pilots for power. Tie Advanced is about the only option but that's out of reach for me too at this point. This feels like such a waste of time and it's a total bummer!

Let's game this out from a F2P perspective. Farming HT and Bossk to a competitive level in my shard is 1-2 mos away for me to reach level 85 and another 2 mos to 7 star Bossk. And by that time the other teams will all have Hans Millenium Falcon which you can't get without HT and Bossk!!! How the "wack" am I this far behind in a relatively new shard? Hello developers? I'd be able to deal with the bad shard if it wasn't for the additionally lopsided HT. Bad shard and crappy meta ship design!! Ally Code: 887-344-419
Post edited by f82bd on

Replies

• Ladislav
    114 posts Member
    Options
    It is how it is. Everyone has it same. F2P players need to farm for a long time. P2W players will just buy enough crystals to speed it up significantly. It took me about 4 months to get Bossk 7* G12 and Hound Tooth 7* and Millennium Falcon was released almost immediately after that.

You are F2P. Don't expect to beat P2P players on top places in your shard. If you don't accept that, you better stop playing any competitive game offering micro transactions.
  • f82bd
    81 posts Member
    Options
    Good point but I wonder if it's just a p2p issue. It seems it's also shard creation issue. I'm about 500k GP and there someone with 1100k GP in the same shard. That's pretty goofy.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Shards are created as the previous one fills and are made of groups of people who open that game mode at the same time. I believe fleets are 5k and arena is 20k players.

The system works very well for arena because people are generally opening that game mode up early on in the development, fleet is a little different. There are times when players return to the game and unlock ships and can be placed in a young shard, and other ways that the mix will seem odd. It will all even out as time goes on, but yes anyone who is $$ will gain/keep a time advantage over others.
  • Options
    f82bd wrote: »
    Good point but I wonder if it's just a p2p issue. It seems it's also shard creation issue. I'm about 500k GP and there someone with 1100k GP in the same shard. That's pretty goofy.

That does not surprise me. I'm 1.8M, I'm occasionally buying some crystals so I'm not F2P, still my Arena shard contains several 4-5M players. Since there is nothing like F2P shard (because anyone can anytime change from F2P to P2P) there can always be massive difference among players in the same shard.

• Drazhar
    784 posts Member
    Options
    Welcome to the pay to win wall of your shard. There will always be one. Since they started releasing characters in 238388 different ways, there has been a lot of complaint by whales that couldn't manage to win against f2ps even after spending, because money can buy valuable resources but nothing can buy a good brain, a good videogaming instinct and a favorable RNG with mods. They had to create such walls, because the spenders must be as sure as they possibly can be to win after spending.
  • f82bd
    81 posts Member
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    Shards are created as the previous one fills and are made of groups of people who open that game mode at the same time. I believe fleets are 5k and arena is 20k players.

The system works very well for arena because people are generally opening that game mode up early on in the development, fleet is a little different. There are times when players return to the game and unlock ships and can be placed in a young shard, and other ways that the mix will seem odd. It will all even out as time goes on, but yes anyone who is $$ will gain/keep a time advantage over others.

I appreciate the feedback Kyno. I hope you appreciate mine as a new player. I understand this is why this happens but it doesn't explain away the result and frustration that's caused by this situation which is why I posted in the feedback section. It sounds like the fleet shard issue is unavoidable so the ship situation should be addressed. If it effects the shard so dramatically so early, it should be made more available somehow or something that counters it more effectively should be made more available earlier. I'm still waiting for more Tie Advanced drops ;-)
  • Options
    It's precisely because your fleet shard is new. P2Ps can unlock content like Bossk and HT a lot sooner via character bundles and data packs, or through crystal purchases from shipments. That's pretty much the business model behind the game. Pay to have an advantage for a little while, until diligently farming F2Ps have caught up with you.

And they always do :) You can only put so much gear and mods on pilots. At some point, all HTs and all Millennium Falcons are equally matched, no matter if F2P or P2P. All you can do is work towards this point.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    The thing about fleet arena is, that you will catch up eventually. It's easier in fleet arena, since METAs change less frequently than in squad arena.
  • Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    Options
    And there aren't mods on ships. (Dear RNGesus please don't add this feature) As long as star, level, abilities, and crew power are the same, the ships are the same. It becomes a pure RNG slug fest!
  • f82bd
    81 posts Member
    Options
    Update: After concentrating solely on fleet for my entire time playing this game, I was able to farm BH ships and get HMF (broke down and bought one BH ship pack). I now split first place with my fellow top five HMF squads. Funny thing is with all the HMFs the main differentiation is still who has the biggest HT. So I guess this will last until Nute's capital ship comes and the bugs/HT take over!! Hopefully it lasts a little longer so I can finally get a little payout and go after a decent arena squad.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Options
    Update: After concentrating solely on fleet for my entire time playing this game, I was able to farm BH ships and get HMF (broke down and bought one BH ship pack). I now split first place with my fellow top five HMF squads. Funny thing is with all the HMFs the main differentiation is still who has the biggest HT. So I guess this will last until Nute's capital ship comes and the bugs/HT take over!! Hopefully it lasts a little longer so I can finally get a little payout and go after a decent arena squad.

Nothing is going to take over.... My Favorite part of this game is dead... They don't care, they have ignored ship guys for years..... It's just dead....

I think this is why I've become so annoyed and negative on the forums.... Ships is dead and GA is a farce (maybe for only 2% of the players with goofy rosters) So ok 98% of the players love GA.... I'm still gonna cry because I'm in that 2% of screwed over never get a fair match player..

But ships is dead... I truly expect the boss up there to ignore them forever....way of the road bubbles...way of the road
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Options
    hahahahahahah
    Its NOT Fllet arena any more. Its HOUNDS TOOTH ARENA.
    FLEET ARENA IS DEAD.
    with this way, ALL the rest ships are for junkyard. and why not?
    We have the HT which taunts, takes turn meter no matter slower than turtle, dispell its debuffs alone, when taking laser shots or concussion missiles increases its health and protection, oh and i forgot, makes also coffee, pizza, or win an entire fleet alone.
    Gratz! Told you my tactic, NO PAY ANYMORE.
    Unless this freaking situation wont change, soon i ll LEAVE this game.

look I get in early shard hounds tooth is broken, 100% broken ruins early fleet arena if the whales whaled it....

But trust me.... as you progress you will eventually not even run HT anymore.... I don't run it.... unless I put it in to make it easier for people to climb in the hopes they lay off me come payout
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    Dk_rek wrote: »

Nothing is going to take over.... My Favorite part of this game is dead... They don't care, they have ignored ship guys for years.....

Really? Ships 2.0, new ships and among them a legendary non-capital ship, adding crystals to rewards, including ships in (some) GAs, galactic runs (or whatever the EP / Ebon event was called).... It looks to me, that there's plenty of things going on. You may not like, what they do, but ships are in no way ignored.

• Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Waqui wrote: »

Nothing is going to take over.... My Favorite part of this game is dead... They don't care, they have ignored ship guys for years.....

Really? Ships 2.0, new ships and among them a legendary non-capital ship, adding crystals to rewards, including ships in (some) GAs, galactic runs (or whatever the EP / Ebon event was called).... It looks to me, that there's plenty of things going on. You may not like, what they do, but ships are in no way ignored.

Lol ok sooooooo much going on.

So glad for all those new pointless ships serve 0 purpose.

Ships 2.0 45 reinforcement abilities. 3 of which were used pre falcon. ONE of them post falcon i get so involved and in depth i. Figuring
    Which 3 to put in my reinforcements to not use with the 4th.

Galactic chase marquee sAme thing who cares (farm wise prefer chase) but gamewise Nothing to do with or use them on..... pointless farm metashift not withstanding.... jesus not like asking for a ship faction based assault battle is asking a lot.....

Honestly Waq REspectfully if you think ships is NOT ignored from the straight perspective that ther is nothing to do, except for that one legendary majority of ships are pointless including the NEW ones (still hope btw for that)

[Leave it out with calling other users out. ~Rtas]
    Post edited by EA_Rtas on
  • Options
    Here is a little different perspective on HT: at first I didn't like it at all. I didn't think it ruined the meta, but it required a new strategy to beat. So I had a lot of fun creating new teams to beat HT(pre falcon. Post falcon is a different story)

Then I got a HT and started using it myself and I find that HT is actually a very balanced kit. It's role is to tank. And it tanks very well. So well that it becomes annoying to kill if you don't have a good strategy for it.

I think we are so used to being able to dispel or go around tanks in regular arena, that we forgot what a real tank should be like.

HT was never unbeatable. It doesn't have overpowered mechanics or broken synergy. It just required good strategy.

And then came the falcon. HT mixed with the falcon is just too powerful.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Ironicstan wrote: »
    Here is a little different perspective on HT: at first I didn't like it at all. I didn't think it ruined the meta, but it required a new strategy to beat. So I had a lot of fun creating new teams to beat HT(pre falcon. Post falcon is a different story)

Then I got a HT and started using it myself and I find that HT is actually a very balanced kit. It's role is to tank. And it tanks very well. So well that it becomes annoying to kill if you don't have a good strategy for it.

I think we are so used to being able to dispel or go around tanks in regular arena, that we forgot what a real tank should be like.

HT was never unbeatable. It doesn't have overpowered mechanics or broken synergy. It just required good strategy.

And then came the falcon. HT mixed with the falcon is just too powerful.

The falcon, even mixed with HT, isn't unbeatable either.
    I'm not saying it isn't by far the most powerfull ship ingame, just like HT was at the time, but it's not like it's completely unbeatable. Imo HT didn't have a "ballanced" kit either. Sure, it's less OP than the falcon, but by comparrison to the other ships ingame at the time, HT was definately way better.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Waqui wrote: »

Lol ok sooooooo much going on.

So glad for all those new pointless ships serve 0 purpose.

Are you seriousl claiming that HMF, XB, IG-200, HT, Ebon Hawk, Anakin's ETA, Geonosians (reworked with shps 2.0) and Lando's Millenium Falcon don't (/didn't) serve a purpose? LOL! Get real!
    Ships 2.0 45 reinforcement abilities. 3 of which were used pre falcon. ONE of them post falcon i get so involved and in depth i. Figuring Which 3 to put in my reinforcements to not use with the 4th.

More LOL! Feel free to not upgrade further reinforcement abilities than those 4. I'm happy with mine 4+, thank you.
    Galactic chase marquee sAme thing who cares (farm wise prefer chase) but gamewise Nothing to do with or use them on..... pointless farm metashift not withstanding.... jesus not like asking for a ship faction based assault battle is asking a lot.....

The galactic chase in itself was new and refreshing (but yes, a crystal sink compared to marquee events). Ebon hawk is great as a counter to HMF (Requires minimum 5* and that you care about countering HMF fleets).
    Honestly Waq REspectfully if you think ships is NOT ignored from the straight perspective that ther is nothing to do, except for that one legendary majority of ships are pointless including the NEW ones (still hope btw for that)

The above comments prove you wrong. It's evident, that the issue here is, that you are ignorant towards what has happened with ships the last couple of years.

[Removed] ~Rtas
  • MaceMeta
    6 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    HT is a real pain but wait till you have to play falcon meta every day to get a top 10 spot where you have days ull win without losing a ship to days you lose 5 games in row vs the same team you bet first try the day before. Rng and random assist make the game unbearably hard to put up with have almost given up on many occasions not even wanting to play ships it’s that bad. Before the falcon meta my shard was mainly trawn leads but we also had all 3 other capital ships in the top 10 and any one could win. But now I’m the only mace in top 50 we have 4 tarkin 20 twarn and 25 rebel fleets of which 20 of them in the top 25
  • EA_Rtas
    1141 posts Member
    Options
    Alright cut the bickering out please. It's gone on long enough, I shouldn't have to be removing comments from the thread.
  • f82bd
    81 posts Member
    Options
    Haha, just read the last reply and it makes me wonder what had to be deleted by EA_Rtas...

Constructively, I'm wondering if some of the earlier replies by Dk_rek had a point. For example, now that GA championship has started, I have now played about 4 or 5 5v5 matches sans ships... In addition, There aren't too many ship events like omega events for toons. Off the top of my head I can only think of the Cargo one that's similar. There does seem to be new content coming... geos tb (General Kenobis capital ship), Ebon hawk, the EP shuttle, maybe a separatist faction capital ship soon... but day to day what is there to do with this stuff.... try to chase a new arena meta is about it. Which can eventually lead to burnout. I don't know that having a new HT or HMF to pay for is the answer I'm looking for.

I like the GA championship but can we get 4 or 5 with ships in a row to balance things out? As developers where are you getting your feedback from? Super users or long-time players that don't use ships because they weren't there in the beginning? If that's the case, it seems like you're missing a huge new/er player perspective which is why I'm writing here. If I'm spending my time with ships, why is the payoff so lopsided? Seems somewhat like a self fulfilling prophecy. Sorry don't mean to be over dramatic but not sure how else to describe it. If ships aren't needed, why use them or invest time with them?

I've already mentioned events and GA championship but there's also a gap with guild events. Where's the recurring ship guild event? There's hstr, haat, hpit but where's hship or hdeathstar ;-)?
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    Haha, just read the last reply and it makes me wonder what had to be deleted by EA_Rtas...

Constructively, I'm wondering if some of the earlier replies by Dk_rek had a point. For example, now that GA championship has started, I have now played about 4 or 5 5v5 matches sans ships.

[...]

I like the GA championship but can we get 4 or 5 with ships in a row to balance things out? As developers where are you getting your feedback from? Super users or long-time players that don't use ships because they weren't there in the beginning? If that's the case, it seems like you're missing a huge new/er player perspective which is why I'm writing here.

Patience, young padawan. Remember, that even though this is a full GAC, it's still just an exhibition (/beta test) GAC. The exhibition GACs are character only, as announced. I'm sure ships will be include in (some of) the real / non-exhibition GACs.

• Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Options
    More like next GAC will be exhibition with ships

Exhibitions should be over by 3042 ;) good sample size to go with ;)