The best overall toon - SWGOH MVP

Who do you think is the best overall toon in the game? Don’t just factor in power.

Mine is Thrawn with GK a close second. Thrawn has been a part of the meta for a good year and a half. He’s been in:

1. CLS meta
2. JTR meta
3. EP meta
4. Traya meta

Thrawn fits into almost any team and has his own capital ship.

Who do you all think deserves the MVP award in SWGOH up to this point?

Replies

• Options
    Thraaaaaaawn.
  • Options
    CUP
  • Options
    CUP

Forgot about the awesomeness of CUP
  • Options
    Forgot to add Thrawn has the most game changing special (next annihilate) in Fracture.
  • Otsego
    45 posts Member
    Options
    CLS

because of his huge use in PvP and PvE content

PvP - add Han + Chewie + R2D2 + C3PO for a formidable offensive team (or earlier Han Solo, Kenobi, R2D2 and Thrawn)

PvE - HP and Protection self buff, reduction of turnmeter huge relevance in hPit and hAAT along with game breaking Lead-Ability for hSTR phase 3 and 4
  • Options
    It seems they keep adding legendaries that compliment cls. I'd say cls right now.
  • Options
    Otsego wrote: »
    CLS

because of his huge use in PvP and PvE content

PvP - add Han + Chewie + R2D2 + C3PO for a formidable offensive team (or earlier Han Solo, Kenobi, R2D2 and Thrawn)

PvE - HP and Protection self buff, reduction of turnmeter huge relevance in hPit and hAAT along with game breaking Lead-Ability for hSTR phase 3 and 4

CLS is definitely up there. He’s insanely versatile.
  • Naver666
    292 posts Member
    Options
    CLS & Thrawn share 1st place...GK coming in 2nd
  • Options
    Oh sweet. Thanks for moving a positive thread to the obscure corners of the forum galaxy. This is general discussion....🤷🏼‍♂️
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options
    43to6dehefx3.gif
  • Options
    Thrawn makes almost every team better, but CLS is a one man wrecking crew.

I'd say on their own, CLS is better. In a team comp, MVP goes to Thrawn.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options
    Oh sweet. Thanks for moving a positive thread to the obscure corners of the forum galaxy. This is general discussion....🤷🏼‍♂️

I find this comment funny. General Discussion is the Mos Eisely of forums.
  • Otsego
    45 posts Member
    Options
    General Discussions is for General‘s only - Veers, Grievous and Kenobi
  • ReworkGriev0us
    213 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    I would say thrawn, ezra, then nest. Thrawn is obvious, ezra, has great tags and kit, nest is the best 1v5. Great for offense in GA and TW.
    Honorable Mention goes to droideka because he will eventually destroy the meta. He's an adorable nest.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options
    Naver666 wrote: »
    CLS & Thrawn share 1st place...GK coming in 2nd

Thrawn is slightly ahead for one reason: He has a (very very very good) ship.
  • Tbirds01
    1235 posts Member
    Options
    I feel as if Nihilus, though not as high as CLS, thrawn, solo, or Kenobi, stills earns a place to be looked at. He can fit into almost any team (even Bastilla) and his annihilate is very hard to get around and is one of the best abilities in the game. He good even without Sion or Traya, and at a low star count too.
    Tag me if you reply to my comment so I know I should answer you!😀 My roster: https://swgoh.gg/p/842694912/
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    Wampa
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    Options
    Overall best character: CLS. Just too useful in too many areas to not be here. Unlocking him on a new account is giving yourself access to an entirely new world of the game. Plus both Chewy and C3 go so well with him. CLS is quite the force to be reckoned with now. Interesting that of the 3 hero journey types, CLS, the easiest one to unlock, is the one more agree on as one of the greatest characters in the game. Thrawns up there but never been personally impressed with him or his ship myself. I've watched Tarkin's capital dominate my shard since ships 2.0 and now AA.

I think Ackbar now is quite high up there. With the falcon it makes his ship strong, and he was used to tackle a lot of HAAT before the solo's came with C3.
  • mvmss
    213 posts Member
    Options
    I think, pound by pound, CLS is the best.
  • Krjstoff
    633 posts Member
    Options
    Hard to pick just one, but I'll have to say Thrawn.

Other worthy contestants would be GK, Han, Wampa, Nihilus, Rex and Nest.
    Toons with extremely high end utility in a huge array of teams and game modes.