Best Bounty Hunter Team

Nihion
3340 posts Member
What are the ideal BH teams for arena and/or Chewie? I know Bossk is necessary somewhere, so he’s the only one I’ve completely upgraded.

Replies

• You need Bossk and Dengar.
    Jango lead (offensive) is a alternative to Bossk lead (defensive).
    The other BHs for arena could be Boba, Embo.
    If you run Jango a nest is really helpful.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Honestly any 5 work because they are all good. Best would be Bossk Dengar Boba Jango Embo for almost anything. Can swap leads as necessary.

Zam is a decent lead in 3v3. Cad Greedo Aurra all have uses. 88 useful on both BH and droid teams.

Seriously just get them all. But the best 5 are those listed above, IMHO.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Is Chewie doable without Dengar?
  • Nihion wrote: »

No.
  • Possibly but it’ll be a little more challenging
  • Threads like these lead to dumbing down the game to mirror matches: aren't you interested in making your own squad with your own play style?
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Kameleonic wrote: »
    Threads like these lead to dumbing down the game to mirror matches: aren't you interested in making your own squad with your own play style?

I have my own squad. But clearly they can’t compete in arena or beat Chewie. The forum is a place for providing and receiving information.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Nihion wrote: »

It is possible according to reports. Wont be fun though.
  • Padas
    52 posts Member

Yes but extremely difficult and you will have to reset hundreds of times to get the right rng.

I 7* him with g12 zbossk, g12 Boba, g11 greedo, g11 IG88 ,g10 cad. It would recommend getting Dengar and saving yourself a huge headache.
  • Tattz
    192 posts Member
    My personal favourite1dl5hz4o0bwj.png
  • daws901
    40 posts Member
    Dengar is also really really good anyway so... Get him
  • Alinoe
    68 posts Member
    edited March 2019

Yes but you need bosskoi06xsecjapn.jpg
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Alinoe wrote: »

Yes but you need bossk

I have Bossk, but Dengar is my weakest BH. I currently use Boba, Cad, Greedo, and 88, with a powerful 5* Jango on the rise.
  • Tattz wrote: »

Finally! Somebody who recognizes Aura Sing Leadership is awes....Tattz?! Is that you? 🤣
    Participation trophy? No. You want something: earn it.
  • It's not that nobody recognizes her value. It's that there are so many priorities in the game and Aurra is just one - and not a necessary one at that. Without being necessary to acquiring a meta toon like 3PO, and without an easy farm like the Arena, Guild, or Galactic War stores, grinding out Aurra Sing is simply going to be put on the back burner by the vast majority of players.

Enjoy your advantage while you have it. The rest of us will get there eventually - if she's not useless by next August.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Tattz wrote: »

Should try: replace Greedo and Bossk for Embo and Nest.
  • Jpolson43
    208 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    The must haves are bossk, cad bane, ig88 and boba. This will get you the millennium falcon so you can compete in fleet arena. Add Dengar and you have what you want for chewy.
  • How is Embo as a leader if I focused on him over Bossk?
  • What about IG over Dengar since Dengar is tough to get and Rank. I’m only level 55.
  • Dengar is nearly - but not quite - mandatory to get 7* Chewie. Bossk is extremely helpful, but not quite as important as Dengar. Of course, Bossk is absolutely mandatory to get the Millennium Falcon, so you'll want Bossk and Dengar along with IG-88, Cad Bane, and Boba (the others required for the Falcon). After those, you can grab whatever you want.

If you're only level 55, it's better to start off working on Dengar right now, rather than on another toon, since you'll have to have a lot of gear on them anyway. Like, g11 minimum on Bossk and g9 on Dengar and g10 everyone else...and that's a minimum. To avoid soul-killing numbers of restarts, you probably want g12 Bossk g9 or g10 Dengar and g11 everyone else.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Jpolson43 wrote: »
    The must haves are bossk, cad bane, ig88 and boba. This will get you the millennium falcon so you can compete in fleet arena. Add Dengar and you have what you want for chewy.

ig88 will hurt you more than help for chewie, but agree on getting falcon

zbossk dengar cad boba X are best (of the easier farms) for chewie. aurra embo are more difficult farms compared to the others iirc, jango is great but chewie is doable with zbossk dengar boba cad greedo/zam/jango etc
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • The way I have split up my BH (all of whom are G12), is Embo lead (sometimes Bossk), Bossk, Boba, Jango, and Cad. Aurra leads the other team (with the zeta on her leadership), Dengar, Greedo, 88, and Zam,
    THE SUPREME JAWA OVERLORD!
  • Just FYI OP, it is possible without Bossk and Dengar. I obtained Chewie 7* with Embo L, Boba, Jango, Greedo, and Cad. Zetas on Embo lead and Boba.
  • Jpolson43 wrote: »

^^^ DITTO!!!

This isn't the "BEST" BH Team.

But what it IS is the "MOST EFFICIENT" BH Team because it will get you both Chewie AND H.M.Falcon.

When you toss in the "free" Jango that you'll get farming up Hounds Tooth it gives you 6 of the 10 to choose from and Jango does double duty as a Separatist if you need one for Padme.

I hear Embo & Aura are nice & Greedo is obviously an easy farm in Squad Store, but they won't also get you Falcon, but the 6 above will get you both.

• Patrick_LJenkins
    163 posts Member
    edited November 2019

No.

False. Don't lie. It can be done with no Dengar, I did it.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    it can be done, it's just not best or easiest
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • I stand by what I said:

Dengar is nearly, but not quite, mandatory.

Why do I say that? Because you can get away with much lower gear and many fewer restarts if you have Dengar to prevent R2 steal thing everyone. If you have Dengar, you can use whatever kill order works best for you. Generally Chewy first, but after that different strategies focus on Han, Lando, or Leia next. Killing Leia prevents TM gain. Killing Lando stops his nuclear AoE before it can get going, and Han is obviously the biggest threat, so as long as Lando doesn't get going, killing him first increases survivability by a lot.

I think with my squad, especially because Dengar was under geared and I didn't want him killed by AoE that I took out Lando 2nd, Han 3rd, and Leia 4th.

But of course there are also targets of opportunity where you plan one thing, but Thermal Detonators or counter-attacks leave a different toon than you expected suddenly near death and finishing them off is the right thing to do.

Having said all that, Relics have been introduced since the Chewy event was created, so you can probably do Chewy with none of the optimal toons so long as a couple of your bounty hunters are reliced.

The benefit of Dengar and Bossk is in letting you get Chewy to 7* without having to wait until you start getting high g12/g13/relic on your toons OR waiting through a bunch of restarts for perfect RNG (which will let you complete the event at a lower gear level, but for most people is intolerably frustrating. You can decide if you're one of those folks who can get murdered 500times in a row without losing hope and giving up).

So, yeah. Dengar + the 4 BH required for the Falcon + Jango (whom you get from the same node as the Hound's Tooth ship that is required for the falcon) is the most efficient way to go. IG-88 needs a little gear for the Falcon event, but Jango is probably your better 5th in most situations, including the Chewy event.
  • I got the 7th star for Chewie on my first try with Embo as lead.
    Team:
    Embo: XII (I upgraded him to XIII but I think that was after)
    Jango: XIII
    Boba: XII
    Greedo: XII
    Bossk: XI

Jango’s Missle can KO anyone but R2 or Chewie in one hit with a critical.
  • Nihion wrote: »

Yes