General coverage of mods

I just want some quick clarification regarding mods. Now with speed arrows I'll always want to go for the high speed primary, while the cross and triangle mods typically cover a specific toon's attack style i.e critical damage, offense, potency etc. Now with the triangle and cross mods I want to aim for the primary stat that reflects the toon it's on? Beyond that the rest of the mods dont really matter so long as they have good speed secondaries? And as for dengar for the chewbacca event I should aim for only mods with potency primaries or secondaries with some speed included? I just want to know if I finally understand the mod system

Replies

• Ag the very basic level yes. However toons like gmy and RT do not need speed at all and should instead be offense. My gk has all protection as well
  • Coolnessda wrote: »
    I just want some quick clarification regarding mods. Now with speed arrows I'll always want to go for the high speed primary, while the cross and triangle mods typically cover a specific toon's attack style i.e critical damage, offense, potency etc. Now with the triangle and cross mods I want to aim for the primary stat that reflects the toon it's on? Beyond that the rest of the mods dont really matter so long as they have good speed secondaries? And as for dengar for the chewbacca event I should aim for only mods with potency primaries or secondaries with some speed included? I just want to know if I finally understand the mod system

As a very general rule, what you said is mostly right. But there are several toons that don’t even need a speed arrow (Chewbacca, Droideka). There are often times when a health primary with no health secondary helps less than an offense primary with a very high health secondary.
    It’s all about figuring out the best stats you want on a toon, then trying different mods to try to reach those goals, with the mods you have.
    Enfys Nest was very difficult, and I am lucky in that I only farmed mods for him for about 2 months. I needed high offense and extremely high tenacity (152%). I ended up also getting some great speed and cc, by pure chance.
    Participation trophy? No. You want something: earn it.
  • Coolnessda wrote: »

As a very general rule, what you said is mostly right. But there are several toons that don’t even need a speed arrow (Chewbacca, Droideka). There are often times when a health primary with no health secondary helps less than an offense primary with a very high health secondary.
    It’s all about figuring out the best stats you want on a toon, then trying different mods to try to reach those goals, with the mods you have.
    Enfys Nest was very difficult, and I am lucky in that I only farmed mods for him for about 2 months. I needed high offense and extremely high tenacity (152%). I ended up also getting some great speed and cc, by pure chance.

What are you using for chewbacca arrow and why? I have speed on there and mainly only used him as a 5th in revan squad