Darth Maul is completely ridiculous now

Prev1
He can basically wipe out an entire Jedi team by himself. This is an exceedingly weird idea of "balance".
Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.

Replies

• Options
    Weird though..my 6* DM couldn't wipe a team of Jedis... :(
  • Options
    Give him advantage and potency with ability 5/6 then try again
  • Options
    I seriously don't get what they were thinking here.
  • Options
    He's slow as heck and has terribly low HP - way lower than Dooku even. His extra power is just against Jedi - he will seem very normal against other builds. The amount of whining on this forum is unbelievable. You guys are killing the game. Use another squad beside Jedi against him. If you don't have a good non-Jedi team...than build one.
  • Options
    I don't either. All of the changed units worked perfectly fine. I saw Maul as a threat before but this... it is completely in the wrong direction.
  • Cythis
    273 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    It's the combos that don't get tested. Plus I doubt it's seen on defense since the AI will never use right order
  • Options
    if you can't kill Darth Maul than you should stop playing (or have patience and build for a bit). Seriously. That's like the lowest health toon you can throw out there. Build a non-Jedi team or get a high DPS toon that can one shot kill him.
  • Options
    SlyWalker wrote: »
    Weird though..my 6* DM couldn't wipe a team of Jedis... :(
    Sid leader and his aoe crit. Then it's spring cleaning or add one more aoe and its a wrap. I mean it's like all within 1 turn 5 are dead.
  • Options
    if you can't kill Darth Maul than you should stop playing (or have patience and build for a bit). Seriously. That's like the lowest health toon you can throw out there. Build a non-Jedi team or get a high DPS toon that can one shot kill him.

No Ashoka is literally the lowest hp character. They should make DM have like 6k hp at max hp.
  • Options
    He's slow as heck and has terribly low HP - way lower than Dooku even. His extra power is just against Jedi - he will seem very normal against other builds. The amount of whining on this forum is unbelievable. You guys are killing the game. Use another squad beside Jedi against him. If you don't have a good non-Jedi team...than build one.

Problem here though is the 'unknown' factor of choosing what your fighting against. All you are really aware of is the leader of the team you are choosing to fight against. So really prepping a responsive team isn't that easy.

I am saying what I am because I believed the game was finely balanced before these changes. They were not necessary in my opinion and were in response to the long winded complaining in the forums. If that is the trend and way devs function here, it is most definitely in the wrong direction.
  • Options
    Please stop being rude. Not everyone who raises an issue is automatically a bad player.

This guy has an aoe AND insane single target damage AND he gets one turn after another when he finishes someone off. At higher stars it is not that easy to finish him in one round, especially with a jedi team.

One char should not neutralize an entire build category.
  • Options
    But AI is so bad at defending...sometimes they dun even focus fire on my Darth Maul...
  • Options
    Rutank wrote: »

No Ashoka is literally the lowest hp character. They should make DM have like 6k hp at max hp.

On her stat page yes she's low - but DM is way lower because Ahsoka has a unique skill that bumps her health way up higher than what it is on her stat page. Maul doesn't have that. His bar is way smaller than Ahsoka's when you actually look in the game.
  • JohnnySteelAlpha
    2794 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options

Problem here though is the 'unknown' factor of choosing what your fighting against. All you are really aware of is the leader of the team you are choosing to fight against. So really prepping a responsive team isn't that easy.

I am saying what I am because I believed the game was finely balanced before these changes. They were not necessary in my opinion and were in response to the long winded complaining in the forums. If that is the trend and way devs function here, it is most definitely in the wrong direction.

I thought it was fine too and it was - BO didn't need a nerf. I think bumping Maul was ok though as I think Maul or any sith getting stronger does help even things out because the game was very very Jedi heavy. This just makes Maul dangerous vs. Jedi, but he's still really squishy. Just forces you to not go full Jedi and take in some toons that have a high damage character, which most Jedi aren't. Most Jedi just tank/heal/chip damage. 86 with his assist special will pulverize a Maul no problem.
  • Options
    I have DM and he's powerful but squishy, plus he's not farmable so unless you're willing to keep shelling out for Chromium packs (and get lucky) advancing him past 4* is impossible.
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • Options
    Maul hits harder now yes, but an entire squad down, no. I let him hit me to test it after reading, none died, he was at lvl 53. I then killed him with the combo of Lum force blast and Opress Overpower, no more Maul. He can hit very hard and his AOE is awesome, but he is so fragile.

Mace needs to be more powerful. He is a Jedi Legend and does not hit overly hard.
  • Options
    Qeltar wrote: »
    Please stop being rude. Not everyone who raises an issue is automatically a bad player.

This guy has an aoe AND insane single target damage AND he gets one turn after another when he finishes someone off. At higher stars it is not that easy to finish him in one round, especially with a jedi team.

One char should not neutralize an entire build category.

Why are you using a Jedi team against him? Jedi don't have great high damage toons. This is called a counter build. This is what his purpose is for - to counter Jedi. You can use other stuff - not Jedis as they are currently constructed - to take him out easy.

Honestly I think everyone saying OP this, nerf that..etc is being very rude. It's rude to other players that have these toons..and it's just bad information. This is a thread saying a toon is too much because he is hurting Jedi builds...when his purpose is to counter Jedis. He's very balanced because his health is absurdly low.

But I'm sure this will get nerfed now too.

Wait till you try to fight Sid with a Jedi team. You can't even hit that guy with Jedi he dodges so much.
  • Options
    He's slow with low hp, very easy to deal with lol
  • Cythis
    273 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options

On her stat page yes she's low - but DM is way lower because Ahsoka has a unique skill that bumps her health way up higher than what it is on her stat page. Maul doesn't have that. His bar is way smaller than Ahsoka's when you actually look in the game.

Johnny your on my server and close enough to get a fight on me. It's defense so I'm not holding my breath on the AI.

I found a way maul goes off with at least an advantage buff and 50% of the time with potency also. It's not one shot but easy pickoffs after. I kill im2awesome in about 3 turns now, never been able to do that b4. And I'm not even maxed on a few of those characters.

just makes taking spots so easy. Plus I hate cookie cutters which is what this server was turning into
  • Options
    Cythis wrote: »

Johnny your on my server and close enough to get a fight on me. It's defense so I'm not holding my breath on the AI.

I found a way maul goes off with at least an advantage buff and 50% of the time with potency also. It's not one shot but easy pickoffs after. I kill im2awesome in about 3 turns now, never been able to do that b4. And I'm not even maxed on a few of those characters.

just makes taking spots so easy. Plus I hate cookie cutters which is what this server was turning into

yeah I tried to hit you at #1 today but you were in battle :)

What I've come to realize is that long term here - because the AI is so poor, there will be no defending - at least not long and not consistently. It will be about musical chairs and who times fights / positions best at the end and throughout the day.

• Options
    Cythis wrote: »

yeah I tried to hit you at #1 today but you were in battle :)

What I've come to realize is that long term here - because the AI is so poor, there will be no defending - at least not long and not consistently. It will be about musical chairs and who times fights / positions best at the end and throughout the day.

Persistence wins. If you do get a chance would love to hear the AI side. I get the feeling it's a bad defensive set up.
  • Options
    He hits strong, but is super squishy. Came across him multiple times in arena + galactic war today and he is easy to wipe before anyone uses taunt and/or proc off a heal immunity if you have Sid.
  • Options
    Maul hits harder now yes, but an entire squad down, no. I let him hit me to test it after reading, none died, he was at lvl 53. I then killed him with the combo of Lum force blast and Opress Overpower, no more Maul. He can hit very hard and his AOE is awesome, but he is so fragile.

Mace needs to be more powerful. He is a Jedi Legend and does not hit overly hard.

I agree about Mace, he should live up to the name (a mace is a weapon)
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • Options
    He is offset by low HP and slowness as many others have said. Anyone above rank 100 will have him dead after one round.
  • Options
    You can kill maul in less then a whole turn, he is squishy, defensless, unfarmable and extremely slow. The problem is not with maul, but with your tactics. He has nothing going for him except for his brute strength
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    My tactics are just fine. I routinely finish top 5 on my server despite having no chromium chars.

I simply think this guy was given WAY too much of a boost against jedi.
  • Options
    bleeaauuh what if you face dooku, maul and sidious at the same time? It seems like a hard choice to choose who to focus down first.
  • Options
    Dooku isn't a major threat
  • Options
    Dooku I just save till last, or second to last. Higher I get, the less of a threat he is, and just an annoyance
  • Options
    I just got Maul at 5* now so I look forward to seeing more.

I agree Dooku is more annoying than anything. I ignored him with one team. I had Lando, Sid, Lum, Maul and Ventress. I used Lum to ability lock the other teams Lum and by the time I did the 3 AOE's Duku was dead as was Maul and Sid was hanging on by a thread. I healed and Doubled down again and finished off the barely standing Lum and Ima with little threat. They had Sid, Lum, Dooku, Maul, Ima. Maul or any player can have all the power in the world, dead it does them no good.