Darth Maul is completely ridiculous now

2Next

Replies

• @Cythis

While i did not attack with a maul, your D is currently the only one i cant beat. And everyone else goes down now in less than 3 minutes.

Your quigon speeds himself, lumi, and ben so here is how it goes... match start, your quigon attacks and throws lumi on one of my guys. Then lumi takes her turn and usually uses her special, followed by your ben ability blocking my whole team. Offee gets a hit in after, and then its my turn. If i havent lost someone already, then i cant heal or recover anyway as im ability blocked, and my basic attacks are nerfed. If i manage to survive that situation, i have a chance, but whenever that has happened, your lumi starts healing out of turn and stuff, and i kid you not, the target starts jumping from target to old ben over and over.
    "There is no 'try'." - Master Yoda
  • Used well against Jedi, he is.

Just having guaranteed first move with chance of double stun makes him a credible threat.
  • Pilot wrote: »
    @Cythis

While i did not attack with a maul, your D is currently the only one i cant beat. And everyone else goes down now in less than 3 minutes.

Your quigon speeds himself, lumi, and ben so here is how it goes... match start, your quigon attacks and throws lumi on one of my guys. Then lumi takes her turn and usually uses her special, followed by your ben ability blocking my whole team. Offee gets a hit in after, and then its my turn. If i havent lost someone already, then i cant heal or recover anyway as im ability blocked, and my basic attacks are nerfed. If i manage to survive that situation, i have a chance, but whenever that has happened, your lumi starts healing out of turn and stuff, and i kid you not, the target starts jumping from target to old ben over and over.

Sounds more annoying than defensive. Maul will eventually switch to Klyo and then it should be better since his speed is much better than Maul I'm just hoping his AOE is as good as EA stated. Thanks for the info
  • Why are you using a Jedi team against him? Jedi don't have great high damage toons. This is called a counter build. This is what his purpose is for - to counter Jedi. You can use other stuff - not Jedis as they are currently constructed - to take him out easy.

Just curious but what would you use a Jedi team to counter? Before I thought they were a good counter to AOE teams and generally better on defense. Basically they could counter Maul/Vader/Boba/Sid types.

But now they don't since Maul/Sid got buffed specifically to nullify their counter. They don't counter a droid team, a Sith team, a first order team, or a rebel team. So what utility do they have? Nightsister counter?

Aside from Lumi I haven't invested in any Jedi. If anything this makes that decision that much easier.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Why are you using a Jedi team against him?
    Maybe it's different on your server, but on mine I don't get to see whom I am facing ahead of time except for the leader, and I have no control over what others use to attack me.
    Maul doesn't need to be "nerfed". He needs to have his buff toned down, because it was overdone. More damage against Jedi? Fine. Double damage? Especially given that no Jedi have anti-Sith capabilities? Give me a break.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Went through GW today - so the counter to his higher damage is evade. Faced a few Lumi evade heavy leader teams and Maul did his aoe and wiffed on 4/5 toons. Then round 2 he wiffed again on Lumi. So, no way does maul need to have his buff removed. Seems evade has gotten a ninja buff in the balance because everything is evading / dodging at a much higher rate.

This is why it's good to wait a few days, test stuff out before making any posts or making a determination. My Maul was taken out after 2 rounds without having done hardly any damage to a Jedi team (JC, Old Ben, Lumi leader, barriss). Have to adjust. Pull Barriss as the leader and don't try to tank Maul - evade him.
  • SlyGambit wrote: »
    Why are you using a Jedi team against him? Jedi don't have great high damage toons. This is called a counter build. This is what his purpose is for - to counter Jedi. You can use other stuff - not Jedis as they are currently constructed - to take him out easy.

Just curious but what would you use a Jedi team to counter? Before I thought they were a good counter to AOE teams and generally better on defense. Basically they could counter Maul/Vader/Boba/Sid types.

But now they don't since Maul/Sid got buffed specifically to nullify their counter. They don't counter a droid team, a Sith team, a first order team, or a rebel team. So what utility do they have? Nightsister counter?

Aside from Lumi I haven't invested in any Jedi. If anything this makes that decision that much easier.

Just noted below about the evade - but Jedi are so versatile and have such a wide group with many options I think they can be crafed to create a lot of builds. I took a Sith heavy team (Maul, Vader, Sid, Dooku) against that Jedi team and darn near lost - now consider this is against the AI. Lumi as the leader had me wiffing over and over.

So the reaction I think that Jedi are toast is incorrect. You just need to reconfigure your Jedi - also depends on which Jedi you have. Ben is still a PITA to deal with. Jedi have many good leaders than can do different things: Ahsoka/Lumi/Ben for evade, Jinn for speed, Ima for defense and countering skills (wow), Aayla for tenacity, Mace for offense (although he's in need of a buff)...on and on. They are like an amoeba team. They will also continue to get more toons at a greater rate than Sith. We should still have Yoda and various version of Jedi Luke S coming.
  • Great posts as always Johnny.

I use Ahsoka as my leader, so I'll have to check out the new evasion capabilities.

Have you noticed it in AI PVP only or all across the board?
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • I'll just say I have no clue how good/bad the buff on Maul is because when I'm attacking I haven't allowed him to attack once. He is super easy to kill, sometimes he even gets two shotted by Sid and Lumi or JC. I don't know how he is on attacking, but on defense he is pretty much useless.
  • Rise of the First Order!!!!