Can you unlock Chewbacca at 7☆ without Dengar and Greedo?

Rake6
442 posts Member
I'm still farming Bossk and Jango but I think I'm gonna have them 7☆ when the event comes back. I have Boba, Cad and IG 88. Do you think Ill be able to unlock him? I have Greedo 7☆ as well but undergeared.

Replies

• Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    You don't need Greedo. Odds are he'll just get squished anyway.

Without Dengar it is possible but much more difficult, likely requiring a lot of re-starts. Dengar prevents R2 from using smoke screen.
  • Dengar is definitely in the top squad I used Boba dengar Cad embo and jango
  • There’s a vid on YouTube of one of the game changers (I think) doing it without Bossk or Dengar, they used an Embo led squad, and I think also showed it with a Boba led squad.

I think if you go that route (which I actually am) you need to have them all G12 and as much health/protection/damage as you can on each, especially Greedo and IG88. I didn’t have any G12 last time and I have three this time (maybe four depending on when the event comes back) plus the zeta on Boba and I’ll have it on Embos lead too. It will be difficult, it that’s ok with me. You can do it do, the characters just need to be extra strong.
  • Droideka
    615 posts Member
    Dengar is nice but not necessary. Greedo is easily replaceable, although I won the event fairly quickly because I got a lucky 8-shot streak with Greedo on Chewie.
  • HK666
    1263 posts Member
    zBossk g12, Boba g12, Greedo, Cad, IG all g11 did it for me. Jango's probably a better than Greedo.
  • Kmyre
    30 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    zbossk G12, boba g12, cad g12 plus two randoms can do it. Just restart until r2 doesn’t use smoke and focus down chewie. Cakewalk after that
  • Rake6
    442 posts Member
    Kool! 10x! Now I have to 7☆ Bossk and Jango before the event comes ;d
  • khelzac
    335 posts Member
    Got a zBossk G11 (got final G12 piece ready when he gets to 7 star), Boba G12, Cad and Zam at G10 and Greedo at G8.
    Is it possible to get Zam to 7 stars in time? (Currently at 6 stars and idk 4 or 5 shards).
  • Darth wrote: »
    You need Bossk as leader and Dengar for sure! If u want any sort of chance, and even that you’ll prolly have to try a 1000 times cause this game is so balanced.......

The event may be difficult, but it isn’t that difficult, especially if you have Dengar and Bossk. There is a decent amount of RNG involved. If it is taking more than 100 tries with the optimal team then you probably need to add gear or change mods.
  • khelzac
    335 posts Member
    Got Bossk all set. I don't have Dengar though (3 star, G7).
    I guess I'll just have to find out first hand xD.
  • Honestly I would not be pushing very hard for the event, for me something that requires 5 full G12+ toons, maxed zetas, and speed closing on 300 for all is something I may work on in 2 years or so, after I have geared my main Arena team to G12+ and ca. 300 speed (and that team would not have a single of the toons needed for this event, or the reward from the event, making it a VERY easy decision).

Otherwise, I am working on zBossk, Boba, Dengar, Cad and Jango. IG88 I am only really doing for the ship to get Falcon.

In all honesty, I would only ever consider pushing it if the falcon required the pilots to be G12+, and crazy 6E mods, since falcon is a game changing ship.
  • Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    It doesn't require full G12+, multi zetas, or 300+ speed.
  • Mstrefe1
    281 posts Member
    If you can, I would highly recommend getting Dengar to 7* and geared up. He is pretty important to taking on Chewbacca. Not essential, but important enough that it will definitely make things easier for you. Don't worry about Greedo, especially if he is severely undergeared as he will just get oneshotted (likely). My characters were G12 Bossk (zeta lead), G12 Boba, G11 Cad Bane, G11 Dengar, and G12 IG88. I had no qualms with gearing these characters up since they all have ships (save Dengar), and the Galactic Bounties events practically require these or stronger for the top tier rewards. 1 zeta (leader of choice), and pretty high gear on whatever characters you use should be fine. Plus if RNG is nice, you can get him to 7* in a few attempts. Best of luck!
    Looking for an amazing new guild? Check out Boba's Allience: discord.gg/trr93Ty
  • IG88 seems extremely useless for this event since he dies to a sneeze. Might as well just replace him with greedo or dengar since they both aren't that tough a farm.