Asajj Ventress (Bounty Hunter) Kit Idea

DaPowerfulJedi
3185 posts Member
edited March 2019
dddlsblamiv4.png

Asajj Ventress (Bounty Hunter)
Dark Side, Support, Bounty Hunter, Scoundrel

Flurry of Punches Basic: Deal physical damage to target enemy and inflict daze for 2 turns. If the target already had daze, attack again and remove 25% turn meter.

Saber Stab Special: Grant stealth to Asajj and target Bounty Hunter ally for 2 turns and call them to assist, then both recover 50% health. Also deal bonus damage to target enemy equal to 50% of Asajj's max health. This attack starts on cooldown and can’t be evaded. (Cooldown 3)

Bounty First Leader: All Scoundrel allies have +40% counter chance and gain 30% turn meter whenever an enemy takes damage from another enemy or whenever an enemy takes damage on another enemy’s turn. When Asajj Ventress (Bounty Hunter) is in the leader slot, and not the ally slot, the following contract is active: Contract: Deal damage out of turn to enemies 15 times. (Only Bounty Hunter allies can contribute to the contract) Reward: All Bounty Hunter allies deal 50% more damage when attacking out of turn and have their payouts activated.

I’ve Got This One Unique: At the start of the battle, Asajj gains +10% potency and tenacity for each Scoundrel ally. While Asajj is active, all Bounty Hunter allies and Ahsoka Tano gain 25% offense. ZETA: While Asajj is active, all Bounty Hunter allies have a 40% chance to revive with 50% of their max health and 50% turn meter whenever they are defeated.

Asajj’s Payout: When Asajj receives rewards from a contract, she also gains the following payout. (Contracts are granted by certain Bounty Hunter leader abilities.) Payout: Asajj gains 60% counter chance and is immune to stun and daze until the end of the battle. When she attacks out of turn, she recovers 3% health and protection.
Post edited by DaPowerfulJedi on

Replies

• Allenb60
    2171 posts Member
    Does she also get a payout? Also there aren't any more Nightsisters when Asajj becomes a bounty hunter.
  • Allenb60 wrote: »
    Does she also get a payout?
    I will add a payout.
    Also there aren't any more Nightsisters when Asajj becomes a bounty hunter.
    Wasn’t sure if I should add the NS tag and synergy or not, so if anyone else thinks she doesn’t need them I can remove that from her kit.
  • Also there aren't any more Nightsisters when Asajj becomes a bounty hunter.
    Wasn’t sure if I should add the NS tag and synergy or not, so if anyone else thinks she doesn’t need them I can remove that from her kit. [/quote]

I agree that the tag seems out of place
  • I was thinking about her today. I think she could do with a neutral tag. She helped Ashoka to take down Barris but was still doing bounties. She was just trying to survive.

I like the kit though, very quick to get the contract off with bossk. I would be tempted to throw zombie with her to make her really nasty.
  • Ichiraikou
    758 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Like the idea and got some feedback for it.
    Saber Stab Special: Gain stealth for 2 turns, recover 50% health, and deal damage to target enemy equal to 99% of their max health. This attack starts on cooldown and can’t be evaded. (Cooldown 4)
    This I don't like for 2 reasons.
    The first is that it is her only special. This means that she will have to rely on her basic ability only. And seeing as she already has counter chance, that is just redundant. As well as a bit weak. It doesn't have to be something powerful. In fact something simple with a low cooldown would probably be best. I propose an assist call to help with her contract.
    The second reason is that it is somehow a mini annihilate, yet can also be a really weak ability. Other than the cooldown, which also isn't that impressive, it's got little to no risks. Except when you face a kylo ren or raid boss. Then suddenly it's the weakest ability in the game. Personally I would go for a bit of a high risk high reward ability. I propose this:
    Deal Physical damage to target enemy plus bonus damage equal to the amount of health Asajj has lost. Then, Asaj gains Stealth for 2 turns and recovers 50% Health. This ability starts on Cooldown.
    Basically the less heath asajj has when she uses this ability, the more damage it does. Making it quite the risk and reward.
    Bounty First Leader: All Nightsister and Bounty Hunter allies have +40% counter chance and gain 30% turn meter whenever an enemy takes damage from another enemy or whenever an enemy takes damage on another enemy’s turn. When Asajj Ventress (Bounty Hunter) is in the leader slot, and not the ally slot, the following contract is active: Contract: Deal damage out of turn to enemies 15 times. (Only Bounty Hunter allies can contribute to the contract) Reward: All Bounty Hunter allies deal 50% more damage when attacking out of turn and have their payouts activated.
    I guess with the, damage from another enemy or during another enemies turn, you want her to counter Grievous? It does confuse me a little, if I'm being honest. Which situations do you mean by this. Could you give some examples?
    I’ve Got This One Unique: At the start of the battle, Asajj gains +10% potency and tenacity for each Nightsister and Scoundrel ally. While Asajj is active, all Bounty Hunter allies and Ahsoka Tano gain 25% offense. ZETA: While Asajj is active, all Bounty Hunter allies have a 40% chance to revive with 50% of their max health and 50% turn meter whenever they are defeated.
    I get why the ahsoka synergy is there. Story wise at least. Game play wise it isn't going to help that much. But still a nice little extra. love the zeta btw but I do think it's going to have some problems with Bounty Hunters Resolve. Seeing as that already revives them. So I guess you shouldn't team her up which the fett's.
    Asajj’s Payout: When Asajj receives rewards from a contract, she also gains the following payout. (Contracts are granted by certain Bounty Hunter leader abilities.) Payout: Asajj gains 60% counter chance and is immune to stun and daze until the end of the battle. When she counter attacks, she recovers 3% health and protection.
    I think it's beter to say, when she attacks out of turn than when she counter attacks. This rewards putting her with assist callers more. Which with her contact you really want to. other than that nice.

Finally, I think the nighsister synergy doesn't make that much sense. Seeing as which part of the story she is from. If you want a wider group for her leadership you can do scoundrel instead of bounty hunter. That would be pretty nice.
    Still a great kit idea.
    Post edited by Ichiraikou on
  • Ichiraikou wrote: »
    Like the idea and got some feedback for it.
    Saber Stab Special: Gain stealth for 2 turns, recover 50% health, and deal damage to target enemy equal to 99% of their max health. This attack starts on cooldown and can’t be evaded. (Cooldown 4)
    This I don't like for 2 reasons.
    The first is that it is her only special. This means that she will have to rely on her basic ability only. And seeing as she already has counter chance, that is just redundant. As well as a bit weak. It doesn't have to be something powerful. In fact something simple with a low cooldown would probably be best. I propose an assist call to help with her contract.
    The second reason is that it is somehow a mini annihilate, yet can also be a really weak ability. Other than the cooldown, which also isn't that impressive, it's got little to no risks. Except when you face a kylo ren or raid boss. Then suddenly it's the weakest ability in the game. Personally I would go for a bit of a high risk high reward ability. I propose this:
    Deal Physical damage to target enemy plus bonus damage equal to the amount of health Asajj has lost. Then, Asaj gains Stealth for 2 turns and recovers 50% Health. This ability starts on Cooldown.
    Basically the less heath asajj has when she uses this ability, the more damage it does. Making it quite the risk and reward.
    Sorry, but I'm not sure if I really like your suggestion. I will change up a bit though and add an assist. I'm thinking I'll make the damage based off of Asajj's health instead.
    Ichiraikou wrote: »
    Bounty First Leader: All Nightsister and Bounty Hunter allies have +40% counter chance and gain 30% turn meter whenever an enemy takes damage from another enemy or whenever an enemy takes damage on another enemy’s turn. When Asajj Ventress (Bounty Hunter) is in the leader slot, and not the ally slot, the following contract is active: Contract: Deal damage out of turn to enemies 15 times. (Only Bounty Hunter allies can contribute to the contract) Reward: All Bounty Hunter allies deal 50% more damage when attacking out of turn and have their payouts activated.
    I guess with the, damage from another enemy or during another enemies turn, you want her to counter Grievous? It does confuse me a little, if I'm being honest. Which situations do you mean by this. Could you give some examples?
    Grievous damages his allies, Palpatine damages his allies, and Traya damages her allies. Can't think of anyone else off the top of my head. When Asajj or her allies counter attack and there is a taunting/marked/deathmarked enemy, that will also trigger the TM gain.
    I’ve Got This One Unique: At the start of the battle, Asajj gains +10% potency and tenacity for each Nightsister and Scoundrel ally. While Asajj is active, all Bounty Hunter allies and Ahsoka Tano gain 25% offense. ZETA: While Asajj is active, all Bounty Hunter allies have a 40% chance to revive with 50% of their max health and 50% turn meter whenever they are defeated.
    I get why the ahsoka synergy is there. Story wise at least. Game play wise it isn't going to help that much. But still a nice little extra. love the zeta btw but I do think it's going to have some problems with Bounty Hunters Resolve. Seeing as that already revives them. So I guess you shouldn't team her up which the fett's.
    Imagine putting her under Jango lead. Everyone revives from BHs Resolve and then revives again from her unique. It'd be quite annoying.
    Asajj’s Payout: When Asajj receives rewards from a contract, she also gains the following payout. (Contracts are granted by certain Bounty Hunter leader abilities.) Payout: Asajj gains 60% counter chance and is immune to stun and daze until the end of the battle. When she counter attacks, she recovers 3% health and protection.
    I think it's beter to say, when she attacks out of turn than when she counter attacks. This rewards putting her with assist callers more. Which with her contact you really want to. other than that nice.
    Okay, I'll put out of turn attacks instead.
    Finally, I think the nighsister synergy doesn't make that much sense. Seeing as which part of the story she is from. If you want a wider group for her leadership you can do scoundrel instead of bounty hunter. That would be pretty nice.
    Still a great kit idea.
    I've focused more on scoundrels and gotten rid of the NS synergy.
  • Sorry, but I'm not sure if I really like your suggestion. I will change up a bit though and add an assist. I'm thinking I'll make the damage based off of Asajj's health instead.
    It was a suggestion so you have every right to do so. I did mean 2 different abilities but I actually like what you made of it. Nice idea.
    Grievous damages his allies, Palpatine damages his allies, and Traya damages her allies. Can't think of anyone else off the top of my head. When Asajj or her allies counter attack and there is a taunting/marked/deathmarked enemy, that will also trigger the TM gain.
    Aaah. So this way. The taunting one is clever. Tnx for clarifyng.
    Imagine putting her under Jango lead. Everyone revives from BHs Resolve and then revives again from her unique. It'd be quite annoying.
    Good point. It would be.
    Okay, I'll put out of turn attacks instead.
    I've focused more on scoundrels and gotten rid of the NS synergy.
    Nice.

• Zenbreon
    323 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    I don’t know about anyone else but I feel like she should have a second unique something like
    Force Choke: Special 2 (cooldown 4)
    Deal Physical damage to target enemy and random other enemy, then apply Choked for 2 turns.

Choked: This unit has -50% counter chance and -50% Critical Chance.

But that’s just one suggestion, you don’t have to take it.