Farming Zeta mats from tier 3 vs tier 4?

I'll bet this has been asked numerous times. I just got access to tier 4 (last one I think) maybe 3 weeks ago, the one with the Ship Omega which are otherwise hard to get. It shows that the same amount of Zeta are possible from this node as tier 3. Yet since I have been farming it I think I got TWO so far in 3 weeks.

I know probably just a dry spell right, but I still have to ask, anyone else find this node drops less than the one before it? (Tier 3 seems to drop more than tier 4)

Replies

• I don't know the drop rates or if there is an official post with the info, but my brother have an account with only t3 unlocked and I do t4 in my account. Seems no one have better zeta drops (almost 6 months tracking this)
  • I got two zetas in the past two weeks from tier 4. I must be unlucky.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    With over 300 tier 4 challenge completions tracked, the drop rate for zeta materials has been slightly higher than 50% (approximately 54%).

Before tier 4 was introduced a forum poster posted his results from tracking a high number of attempts on tier 3, which resulted in a drop rate of about 33% for zeta materials and 25% for omegas.
  • I wondered this around the same time i unlocked T4 but in reality you're just experiencing a dry spell. It's very common to go from getting 0 for weeks to getting 1-2 every attempt
  • I've got about 400 attempts tracked on T3 and about 230 attempts tracked on T4. The drop rates for both Zetas and omegas are almost exactly the same between the two tiers from what I've seen.

Zetas: 50% chance for 0 to drop, 40% chance for 1, 10% chance for 2

Omegas: 80% chance for 0 to drop, 15% chance for 1, 5% chance for 2
  • Thanks all I'll try to be patient.....
  • jayjonbeach
    697 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Okay that is it I think. It's now been 3 more weeks, and, I only get ONE Zeta per week if lucky from tier 4, some weeks none 0 for 6 attempts.

Seems ridiculous, that is a 16% drop rate if my math is right, out of 6 attempts per week only 1 Zeta :(

It was MUCH better from tier 3, like 3 a week, so pretty close to the 40% mentioned right above, maybe it is the added ship Omega to this node making the drop rate less for Zeta IDK but I think I am done simming this node (a shame I will miss the ship omega surely) unless someone (else) can give me some more convincing hard numbers.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    ... maybe it is the added ship Omega to this node making the drop rate less for Zeta IDK but I think I am done simming this node (a shame I will miss the ship omega surely) unless someone (else) can give me some more convincing hard numbers.

Dude, you have the numbers above. Between CarSickShoe and I its almost 1000 tracked attempts. If that doesn't convince you, none of us can. You can only convince yourself. Keep tracking, and track each and every attempt and their results - good as well as bad results. I'm convinced, that you will see a droprate significantly higher than 16% by summer.

• Tiers 3 and 4 have the exact same dropchance for zetas.

The only thing that changes is that tier 4 has ship omegas as well.
  • I routinely get better zetas drops than omega. It's the dice you throw with every sim.
    6ctxreogrhkq.png
    1civ81yrn2oy.png

That was the last pull, today I got only 1 zeta, no omega.
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    It's just random. I've gotten the fabled four-zetas-in-one-day (Crowded House playing in the background) a few times, and I've gone a whole week with none. Just luck of the draw.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png