Possible bugged Xanadu Blood interaction?

Yeah yeah, I know, Answers HQ for bugs... I just want to see if there’s something I might be missing before I report it, or if anyone else can confirm they’re seeing the same.

Here’s the scenario where I typically see the interaction:

Of note:
My side: Xanadu Blood, Han’s Falcon
Enemy: Phantom II
Others ships sometimes present on either/both sides: Hounds Tooth, Ghost, Han’s Falcon, Cassian’s U-Wing, Phantom II, Biggs, Vader

Setup:
Typically later in battle. I’ve usually dispatched HMF and HT at this point. It’s my cap ship’s turn. I call in XB as reinforcement. Enemy’s Phantom has taunt/foresight up from unique. I use XB’s special on Phantom calling HMF to assist.

Phantom evades XB as expected, and then *also* evades HMF.

This has happened in 100% of my attempts, in 72 attempts tracked. At first I thought it was Phantom’s increased evade, but I believe I should still be hitting some non-zero number of times over this many attempts, especially now that HT/Breach has supposedly been fixed to correctly reduce evasion (content update 2/20) and the reinforcement is usually breaching Phantom.

I have not, but plan to, test this with calling ships other than HMF for assist.

Am I missing something else? Or is it, as I suspect, that XB’s special is not correctly clearing foresight until after the assist is called? (Note: XB kit says deal physical damage *and then* call assist.)

Looking forward to some more eyes on this.

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Is ghost present?

It is possible you are crit or landing the debuff on ghost and therefore reapplying foresight
  • Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Only possible way this would happen is if on all 72 attempts tracked by the OP, Ghost happened to get critically hit AND/OR be the weakest enemy and thus have TL applied while also not resisting it (while also reducing XBs potency by -25%...). A whole bunch of really bad RNG required to have that happen 72 times in a row.
  • Options
    Yeah, good points on Ghost being present. I will have to monitor that more closely. I know it has occurred *without* Ghost being present, but not sure whether it has occurred often enough to not be accountable through evasion.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Vendi1983 wrote: »
    Only possible way this would happen is if on all 72 attempts tracked by the OP, Ghost happened to get critically hit AND/OR be the weakest enemy and thus have TL applied while also not resisting it (while also reducing XBs potency by -25%...). A whole bunch of really bad RNG required to have that happen 72 times in a row.

Not necessarily, this would just add another layer of RNG, that would make 72 attempts less of an oddity.

In this scenario, I would imagine that ghost is almost always the weakest enemy too.
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    Vendi1983 wrote: »

Not necessarily, this would just add another layer of RNG, that would make 72 attempts less of an oddity.

In this scenario, I would imagine that ghost is almost always the weakest enemy too.

Yeah I was just thinking about that part too. I agree, barring heavily damaged enemies it’s likely Ghost is the weakest.
  • Troyo
    63 posts Member
    Options
    Phantom has so many ways to evade an attack. It gains foresight multiple ways like if ghost is critical hit or debuffed. Then if Phantom has no protection it has 50% chance to gain foresight for 2 turns which I feel like happens more than 50% but I have never tracked it. Also phantom has 5% evade for every rebel ally. Phantom can be a huge pain at times for me. If ghost and a couple other rebels are active I have found its hard to land a hit on Phantom.
  • Options
    Troyo wrote: »
    Phantom has so many ways to evade an attack. It gains foresight multiple ways like if ghost is critical hit or debuffed. Then if Phantom has no protection it has 50% chance to gain foresight for 2 turns which I feel like happens more than 50% but I have never tracked it. Also phantom has 5% evade for every rebel ally. Phantom can be a huge pain at times for me. If ghost and a couple other rebels are active I have found its hard to land a hit on Phantom.

I already mentioned/thought about the 5% evasion. Chopper’s unique, the 60% chance to gain those buffs, only takes effect at the end of Phantoms turn and so wouldn’t come into play mid-action here.
  • Sentia
    280 posts Member
    Options
    When I attack Phantom while it has foresight, it appears that the foresight buff stays up until the end of that turn. I don't use XB.
  • Options
    Sentia wrote: »
    When I attack Phantom while it has foresight, it appears that the foresight buff stays up until the end of that turn. I don't use XB.

That’s what I was noticing too. Wasn’t sure if it might just be a UI quirk though, ie maybe the status gets cleared but the graphic doesn’t until end of turn.

I guess ideally we’d look at the interaction of other assists with Phantom foresight to first rule that out, and then look at XB special versus other non-Phantom foresight (who else has it? Tie Silencer?).
  • Troyo
    63 posts Member
    Options

I already mentioned/thought about the 5% evasion. Chopper’s unique, the 60% chance to gain those buffs, only takes effect at the end of Phantoms turn and so wouldn’t come into play mid-action here.

My point was if Phantom gains foresight due to no protection at end of its turn it is for **2** turns meaning both attacks would be evaded.
  • Options

My point was if Phantom gains foresight due to no protection at end of its turn it is for **2** turns meaning both attacks would be evaded.

That’s not how that works. That means it stays up for 2 turns instead of 1 if not attacked. It still gets cleansed with the first attack.
  • Troyo
    63 posts Member
    Options
    Do you not ever have any other rebels in your fleet with HMF??

If you call HMF to assist it would in turn call another rebel to assist essentially attacking phantom 3 times but I noticed you did not mention a 3rd attack.
  • Troyo
    63 posts Member
    Options

That’s not how that works. That means it stays up for 2 turns instead of 1 if not attacked. It still gets cleansed with the first attack.

I could be wrong. I thought it would withstand two hits. I also feel like at times it has taken me two hits to clear phantoms foresight so I thought that's how it worked.
  • Options
    Do you not ever have any other rebels in your fleet with HMF??

If you call HMF to assist it would in turn call another rebel to assist essentially attacking phantom 3 times but I noticed you did not mention a 3rd attack.

I do. The 3rd attack typically hits, sometimes is evaded, haven’t tracked numbers on that. Didn’t think to mention it but probably a relevant piece of information.

I could be wrong. I thought it would withstand two hits. I also feel like at times it has taken me two hits to clear phantoms foresight so I thought that's how it worked.

I don’t believe foresight works that way anywhere in the game. Always cleared when used up to evade. Worth also noting that a ship with an unavoidable attack (HT special, Vader’s basic) will hit through the foresight and not clear it.
  • Options
    I’ve seen this interaction between XB and phantom as well. I stopped using XB shortly after the falcon came out though.
  • Options
    Freydwen wrote: »
    I’ve seen this interaction between XB and phantom as well. I stopped using XB shortly after the falcon came out though.

Pardon me ma’am/sir, do you have a moment to speak with me about our lord and savior, Xanadu Blood?

- More breaches (= more HT taunt)
    - More effects on breaches
    - Turning breach into an expose for Bh
    - Retribution on all scoundrels (including HMF)
    - An extra assist to call HMF

What’s not to love!?
  • Options

Wow. Completely missed that.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • Options

Wow. Completely missed that.

Between HMF countering on AOEs and HT countering every attack to self-cleanse it’s pretty awesome
  • Options

Pardon me ma’am/sir, do you have a moment to speak with me about our lord and savior, Xanadu Blood?

What’s not to love!?

This actually is pretty intriguing. What's your full fleet composition (assuming you use this yourself)?
  • Options

What’s not to love!?

This actually is pretty intriguing. What's your full fleet composition (assuming you use this yourself)?

Starting -
    - Home One
    - HT
    - HMF
    - Biggs/Ghost (matchup dependent)

Bench -
    Phantom
    Cassian
    XB
    Biggs/Ghost

Note - I currently start with Ghost over Biggs most often. Biggs seldom makes it off the bench. Once I have Bistans U-wing starred I plan to swap that in, most likely starting in place of Ghost and moving Ghost to bench.

Reinforce order -

For non-HMF fleets (I still have 1-2 hanging around) - 1) Phantom 2) XB, this gets XB in before HT taunt would fall naturally and the XB breach keeps it up, or if they have a lot of cleansing I go straight to XB to keep the taunt up on HT.

For HMF fleets - it depends on breach situation after opening round. If I’m clear I call in Cassian to get rid of oppo HMF, followed by either Phantom/XB depending on taunt situation. If I’m not clear of breach I go Phantom-Cass-XB.

One more note - there’s only one Bistan on my shard so far, will be interesting to see how that affects my strat.

I take top two every day.
  • Kmyre
    30 posts Member
    Options
    All I want to add is that it is such a joy seeing a post(er) like this:

- knows where the post should go, but seeks public opinion first
    - Doesn’t complain
    - Has a reasonable sample size
    - Doesn’t complain
    - Listens to what others have to say
    - Doesn’t complain
    - Doesn’t demand a Grievous or Finn refund
    - Doesn’t complain
    - Doesn’t brag
    - Doesn’t complain

10/10
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options
    I will say that I am 75% sure that there is a foresight bug. I have noticed it a lot in certain situations, and started to look into it, then got crushed at work and forgot about it.

I will test it again tonight in GW. Then report back tomorrow.

So, I'm not sure this is XB related. I think it may be foresight related.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options
    Bah, I already finished GW today and I can't spare energy to test enough because Ewoks. Will run in GW tomorrow and report back. I know only one character that I can properly test it with and the best place to do it is GW. So, tomorrow.
  • Droideka
    615 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Lol, if there is a bug not concerning Revan don’t expect it to get fixed. Some characters like Nihilis and Plo Koon have been bugged since forever, yet still have not been fixed.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options
    So, there is something going on with foresight but I'm not certain its a bug yet. Will start another thread on it, but I think the issue you are having with Phantom is related to it.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Double.
  • Options

What’s not to love!?

It's a great ship to be sure but it just isn't seeing use right now on my rebel fleet. I'm running Biggs, Bistan, and HMF. My matches are over after the first reinforcement comes out, usually Cassian but it doesn't really matter.

As a bonus, having HT and XB free gives me a killer second fleet for GA/TW.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options
    @Firebrigade were you able to test with other assist callers off the bench? I think foresight may cause both attacks of an assist call to miss. I'm trying to nail it down but it happens with Embo vs Phoenix a lot and I think its because of assist calls from Hera and Ezra. Have to do more testing still though.