Omega reward in Cantina Stage 8 Battles

Cantina Battles 8-A through 8-G all say an Omega piece is a possible reward, but I have NEVER gotten one. And I farm a lot in Cantina nodes.
Is it a glitch that it is listed, or am I just somehow that unlucky?
qpqzwclojs6e.jpeg
Participation trophy? No. You want something: earn it.

Replies

• I got one once. Just once.
    323TZ1C.png
  • kurtisblow
    88 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    The drop rate is very low. But I have seen them. I even took a picture because it shocked me when it happened:
    g0quh00ng7wo.jpeg
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    In farming the vets, sith trooper, deathtrooper, and about half of sith assassin, all almost from 3*, I've gotten 5. The drop rate is very, very low.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • I think of them as a little bonus. Only ever gotten 2 or 3 after farming both vets to 7 stars.
  • It's a bit like farming reinforcement mats in fleet. Prepare to spend a lot of crystals on energy refreshes if you urgently need a bunch.
  • I've gotten 10 or 15 of those in 20 months now. And i dont farm 16 energy that often. I get omegas from gw thrice a month on average. As you can see, those are way above the norm.

Although, i do get omegas less frequently from the challenges(both ships and normal) than average. So yea, its rng.
  • I think I've gotten about 5. You're probably more likely to get one from the Galactic War.
    THE SUPREME JAWA OVERLORD!
  • It’s been a while since I paid attention to this, but my drop was something like 1 per character. In other, each time I would work a character all the way to 7*, I would get 1 in the process.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    It happens. Just very very rare
  • Thanks for confirmation all. Just bad luck on my end :)
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Gotten like 10 of them from my entire swgoh lifetime
  • very very very low.
    I farmed the 2 vets (Han & Chewie), I remember having 1 omega; can't remember having a 2nd
  • Nevet
    20 posts Member
    kurtisblow wrote: »
    The drop rate is very low. But I have seen them. I even took a picture because it shocked me when it happened:
    g0quh00ng7wo.jpeg

I can see why. 3 vet chewie shards in 7 sims?! Voodoo magic right there
  • Palanthian
    1262 posts Member
    The drop rate is probably less than 1% on this one, I’ve had 2 in the lifetime of the game, and I farm that node every day.
  • For me 2 times in more than 3 years...
  • Cripes everyone! At such a stupid low rate I almost have to ask why do they bother offering it?
  • Cripes everyone! At such a stupid low rate I almost have to ask why do they bother offering it?

Personally, I just tell myself that I’m farming for the character and the omegas are a bonus. But, I bet others see the omegas and farm the nodes not realizing it’s just a waste of energy to try to get omegas this way.
  • Botzone1
    167 posts Member
    Ive only gotten 1 from 5 characters farmed
  • I have farmed every single cantina toon to 7*, played for years, never once got an omega.
  • Jarvind
    3925 posts Member
    I honestly can't remember ever getting an omega from a Cantina battle. I probably have once or twice and just didn't notice, but yeah, it's vanishingly rare. I just don't worry about it and if I happen to get one I'll be pleasantly surprised.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

Personally, I just tell myself that I’m farming for the character and the omegas are a bonus. But, I bet others see the omegas and farm the nodes not realizing it’s just a waste of energy to try to get omegas this way.

Unfortunately I finished the last Cantina farm last week, so have nothing better to farm for.
  • Cantina Battles 8-A through 8-G all say an Omega piece is a possible reward, but I have NEVER gotten one. And I farm a lot in Cantina nodes.
    Is it a glitch that it is listed, or am I just somehow that unlucky?
    qpqzwclojs6e.jpeg

I never knew that but I have never received one either or I would have zero crystals bc I would definitely try again and again.
  • Gair
    616 posts Member
    I've gotten 10 or 15 of those in 20 months now.

That almost sounded impressive.

Unfortunately I finished the last Cantina farm last week, so have nothing better to farm for.

You should farm 3-F instead (Kylo Unmasked & Tie Silencer Node) at least you'll get more Shard Shop Tokens that way
  • Colin475 wrote: »
    Cripes everyone! At such a stupid low rate I almost have to ask why do they bother offering it?

You should farm 3-F instead (Kylo Unmasked & Tie Silencer Node) at least you'll get more Shard Shop Tokens that way

Good call. I may just do that.
  • Next thing your going to say is you've never gotten 4 zeta mats in a day or a 10 mil credit heist ever.
  • B0baf3tt wrote: »
    Next thing your going to say is you've never gotten 4 zeta mats in a day or a 10 mil credit heist ever.

Those I’ve actually done. And on more than one occasion. Those two things I understand are rare. But at least I know they are possible.
    For me: I’ve never gotten an omega from any Cantina farm. I wanted to confirm that it IS indeed possible, and the community confirmed it.
    Try to keep up.