Arena defense team: Droids or Phasma-led?

Benr3600
1098 posts Member
edited March 2016
***addendum***

What about Phasma/Dooku/Daka/Kylo/RG? Not enough dmg?

My QGJ/Lumi/86/GS/Dooku team is virtually undefeated for me on offense but drops faster than lead sinkers on defense. I have two options I am somewhat close to choosing for my last arena battle comp, which should I use?

Relevant heroes currently are:

Phasma 6* gear 8
Kylo 5* gear 7
Dooku 6* gear 8
Sid 7* gear 8
Lumi 7* gear 8
Poggle 6* gear 7 5/6
Poe 5* gear 8
86 6* gear 8
GS 6* gear 8
88 4* gear 6
47 20/80
QGJ 6* gear 8
Daka 4* gear 7 5/6 (will farm her from cantina when Ahsoka hits 6* this weekend)

From this pool what do you suggest for an arena defense team in the near future?
Post edited by Benr3600 on

Replies

• Phasma dook gs 86 qgj
  • I wouldnt leave Droid in for defense if I had the option. They take a lot of strategy to use, and the AI cannot use the effectively. You are better off with qgj lead, sid, dooku, gs, poggle. You need a defense team that can't screw up in AI hands.
  • Poggle is great on defense because all the AI has to do is use his special. It's characters like Dooku that need to target a specific character (Jedi in Dooku's case) that the AI struggles with.
  • bbmiLo
    378 posts Member
    i would think Phasma team is a much more beatable. every top team is running a similar offense team like yours, you don't want them to chop down your QGJ before it even gets a turn.
  • Phasma Poggle GS Dooku maybe Poe or Lumi.

I have noticed a lot of people avoid phasma and Dooku.

I run phasma Kylo both 6* and each one piece of gear off max. With Dooku 5* max gear GS 5* max gear and Poggle. As my defense. Phasma and Poggle rarely screw you up, and Dooku with Kylo rips up Sid or aoe users. But that's just me. I am sitting at 93 in arena and sometimes drop to 108, but honestly the top 100 only changes up once a week till it settles out by weekend. As folks are able to promote and gear up replacements, things will bounce around once in awhile.

My shard in the top 100 has a ton of phasma Daka combos. Today I ran into an all Jedi team Barriss lead with 6* yoda... It was a cake walk but dang that was the best yoda I have ran into so far... He packs a serious punch. Almost took out my Poggle in one shot. Thank god it was Barriss yoda Lumi JC and I think Poe was the other... Poor yoda and Poe died to fast.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Dooku and Daka are a crear psichological deterrant in defense. Many people will attsck someone else just because of fear of the RNG factor
  • I run a droid team in arena and I would NOT recommend them for defense. I go from top 20 to around 50 in one day after my 5 battles are done. Phasma (L), Dooku, Daka, ____ , ____ would be a way to try and deter people from attacking you.
  • Triqui wrote: »
    Dooku and Daka are a crear psichological deterrant in defense. Many people will attsck someone else just because of fear of the RNG factor

Something isn't right with me then haha, I see them and I am all for the challenge. And it is a challenge. Bites me sometimes, but also provides a lot of rewards.

I have been changing up my teams to see what happens as I get more and more arena ready. Best combo is by far my phasma Kylo Dooku Poggle and either Lumi or GS depending on what I am facing. I drop Dooku and bring GS if there are no Jedi.
  • Benr3600
    1098 posts Member
    Triqui wrote: »

Yeah I dont mind either one but Phasma (L)/Dooku/Daka/any two DPS = nope.jpg. I think I am going to go in that direction.
  • DrewN76
    566 posts Member
    Haha yes Phasm Dooku Daka together is bad
  • Gonzalo1495
    238 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Benr3600 wrote: »
    Triqui wrote: »

Yeah I dont mind either one but Phasma (L)/Dooku/Daka/any two DPS = nope.jpg. I think I am going to go in that direction.

That's basically my team.
    Phasma (L), Dooku, Daka, Sid, Kylo.

2 stuns, 2 AOEs, 2 Healing DeBuffs, 2 Anti Jedi guys and lots of assists.
    I'm glad I caught onto this a couple months back and started building this team. I finish top 50 every day and rarely drop more than 30 ranks. FTP here btw.
  • DrewN76
    566 posts Member
    I akipped the Daka train for fives, but he is 6-* now ... And I have my base for later in him Daka is getting massive love now. Will be running phasma Dooku Kylo Daka GS
  • Benr3600
    1098 posts Member
    5s is another one I missed. Slow on basic hit and also counter chance gives a phasma/daka/dooku/fives/kylo team control for DAYS
  • Benr3600
    1098 posts Member
    Bump for new idea since my RG is a few shards from 4* after yet another bronz pull