Have the developers finally gotten that Revan has killed any fun left in the arena?
Here are some straight facts, no opinion.
1. The previous Traya meta did not have 88% of all leaders with her, as the lead as it is with Revan
2. The group composition is mostly the same five (Revan, Bast, GMY, GK, Jollee). The only 2 subs I've seen is Chewie or Ezra
3. The top 50+ is literally all one squad
4. The sheer number of threads against this meta
5. While there are several counters to Revan, not a single one allows the player to hold for any length of time
1. I do have Revan, full zeta, with a ridiculous speed
2. I've run mirrors and counters. Counters are more fun (no time outs), but mirror is more reliable
3. I've been playing since 1 month after launch, and until the last 6 months have been a frequent spender on this game, with a GP over 5 million
The purpose of those clarifications is to show that I know what I'm talking about and that this meta has caused many people to outright quit, or at least, like me, stop spending money, hoping for a true counter (that means one that holds on defense to a certain point).
Simply put, Revan is over-powered. Combine that with Jollee and his mass resurrection, and it truly sucks the fun out of arena.
My main concern is that the developers will react to this situation by releasing a new character to counter Revan and be so powerful that the meta switches to this new character leaving us in the same situation we are now. This would not solve any issues, but continue to isolate what the players really want.
My suggestion, which, unfortunately would require a lot more work, is to balance this game. In an effort to wow us with new characters, a lot of others (and quite frankly, more important characters) have been left useless.
Look at it this way.....In GoH, the most powerful character ever is Revan. Was Revan more powerful than Palpatine, Vader, Kenobi, Yoda?? Since they lived in different eras, we can never actually answer that, but, since Revan isn't even canon, how can you ignore these others in favor of him? I think that most would agree that a more realistic order of power would be: Palpatine, Yoda, Vader / Kenobi, JK Luke.