934 posts Member
edited March 2019
Here’s my Ewoks Squad:

ZChirpa - g12, 244 speed
Elder - g12, 266 speed
Logray - g11, 227 speed
Paploo - g11, 194 speed
Scout - g11, 231 speed

I’ve only been able to take out either Han or Chewie each one time out of 20+ attempts. Devs - I get difficult, but the degree of difficulty and RNG required for this event is beyond ridiculous. Get yourselves together and do better.
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• I am sure it's possible with that line up, but the ideal lineup has wicket for his stealth and turn meter gain.

Is your elder dying quickly?

Nope. He rarely dies. It’s the fact R2 uses stealth and EVERY single toon goes invisible giving Chewie free reign to be a one man wrecking crew.
  • TRanger
    329 posts Member
    I use (z) wickett and chirpa both g12...elder and papaloo g11...been switching to teebo and logray g 9.75 about...but no where close to your speeds..you have picked up some good mods well done...and it is the same for me...I can only kill endor trooper or very close chewy or r2...but nothing more...I'll keep.trying....c3p0 at 6* does well.enough...making him shinny is the only difference between 6* and 7* in my opinion.
  • I am sure it's possible with that line up, but the ideal lineup has wicket for his stealth and turn meter gain.

Is your elder dying quickly?

Nope. He rarely dies. It’s the fact R2 uses stealth and EVERY single toon goes invisible giving Chewie free reign to be a one man wrecking crew.

Logray has Daze to stop Chewie's rampage. Use it and get that rebel tank out of the way.
  • I finally did it. Completely RNG dependent.
  • A game should be fun. This **** event is pure rng and not fun at all
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    it's only highy RNG dependable if you go in with a (way) less than optimal squad. So pick your choice, either get a really good team or retry alot.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • leef wrote: »
    it's only highy RNG dependable if you go in with a (way) less than optimal squad. So pick your choice, either get a really good team or retry alot.

I’d say my team was more than enough. It was still completely RNG dependent.
  • Hexen_Jagar
    632 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Here is my tier 6 run with the same line up, Took only 2 runs. Most are g10, Paploo is g9

https://youtu.be/LbzgtLhqn8M

sz7w2o3ej8n3.png
    kpwkzytnrj11.png
    pjb4ti7pvrdo.png
    q4i06gnzcyuz.png
    mfv3hx92yeiw.png

It felt pretty heavily RNG to me. I got 7* with all gl11 zChirpa, Wicket, Logray, Elder and Paploo. Pretty low speeds as well. It took about 5-6 runs (like 3 where Elder died in the first salvo and I just insta reset). On my run that won, it felt easier than my runs in 5* and 6*.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    leef wrote: »

What makes you think that your team was good enough? The gazillion tries it took you to clear the event? lol
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    If you're going to get a character who can be part of Revan counter, you're going to have to gear/mod several useless toons - just like you did for Jolee...oh, wait...no Bastila, oh, no...same...ummm....
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
    leef wrote: »

What makes you think that your team was good enough? The gazillion tries it took you to clear the event? lol

The fact many cleared the event with far less last time. It took me less than 20 tries. But it was still horrificly dependent on RNG and no where near enjoyable.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member

The fact many cleared the event with far less last time. It took me less than 20 tries. But it was still horrificly dependent on RNG and no where near enjoyable.
    Don't start flexing all of a sudden, remember what you posted in your OP?

I’ve only been able to take out either Han or Chewie each one time out of 20+ attempts.

Regardless, what i said still holds true.
  • Tough, but do-able. I got C3P0 at 7* using the following: zChirpa G10, Elder G12, Wicket G11, Paploo G11 and Teebo G8. 180-225 speed ranges. Yeah, it took me 30 or so tries to get Chewie and the Rebel solider guy to play nicely, but hey, I was a bit under geared, so it felt like it was par for the course.
  • TRanger
    329 posts Member
    Same here all speeds are 170+ minus pal who is tanked lower... (L) Chirpa(z) g12, wickett (z) g12, pap g11, elder11, logray g9. Keep elder stealth to revive logray....my order of attack. Chewy, R2, endor trooper, 3PO, Han Leia.....stop chewy from rampaging, and get R2 out of the way so they lose his def buff....then it is almost like dominos.
  • Presaria
    198 posts Member
    The event sucks, plain and simple. The toon isn't worth the hours upon hours that it takes to get 7*. I'm a completionist and want to finish what I started. But, this is beyond nuts and not fun. CG can get their money from someone else, I'm done.
  • Darth_DeVito
    1231 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    If you're going to get a character who can be part of Revan counter, you're going to have to gear/mod several useless toons - just like you did for Jolee...oh, wait...no Bastila, oh, no...same...ummm....

Revan requires g8 toons with some hand-me-down mods, and these toons are anything but useless after the event. Bastila and Jolee are part of the Revan meta. Zaalbar is arguably the best scoundrel tank after Bossk. Jango or Qi'ra + Zaalbar + Vandor Chewie make a great team in 3v3 GA. And T3 is a pilot now, aside from being a healer for droid teams.
  • Got it with zChirpa g9, elder g11, paploo g11, logray g9 and wicket g9. +100 speed in every toon and wicket with full offense. I have used my best mods. Basically restart if elder die and keep trying until rng is in your side.
  • ****...I have tried 250 times...no luck
    Z Chirpa
    Z wicket
    Elder
    Scout
    Teebo

All gear 12...all with 6 tier mods. All omegas. All 7*. All speed over 220

I know logray and palpoo would be nice to have . But really people are getting 7* 3po with gear 8 teams.
  • ToLive
    105 posts Member
    How this event can pass QA? This R2 totaly random that force you to restart if Chewy gain stealth and you don't have Logray. What the hell is going on? I see my favorite game turns into second category garbage :(
  • APX_919
    2468 posts Member
    Atreyus wrote: »
    A game should be fun. This **** event is pure rng and not fun at all

RNG is often used as an excuse for poor mods and poor decisions. That said, RNG can also negate great mods and terrific strategic decisions. Knowing the difference makes the game fun or tedious.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • Basically must have zchirp and zwick and g11/g12 and great mods and its very doable. Add in logray for mass daze and foresight and its a breeze. Assuming you have wicket, Teebo is better than scout since his utility is simply better in every way. However, I am questioning whether chirpa's zeta is best if you have wicket because the assists can be useless if the wrong ewok is called to assist. Paploo or wicket's zeta are more guaranteed utility whereas chirpa's is more of a gamble.
  • Yeah, I have the worst team for it on t7 now. I think I will be able to do it with some more fearing and slicing. Currently all of my squad is around 220 speed. I think I am at G11 G11 G10 G9 G8 ELDER Teebo zchirpa scout and zPaploo. I am missing 2 omega on Pap and 1 on Chirpa. I will have enough mats for 1 more before end. Chirpa basic, diversion, and galvanize. Suggestions which 1?

My mods are currently carrying this team. I've only killed chewie once out of 30ish tries.
  • UPDATE: 500 tries later
    ..I got him
  • Buddy of mine got him with zChirp, Wicket, Paploo, Scout and Elder, all G11 with 210 avg speed.
    He only tried like 50 times before RNG was in his favour. And now he doesn't understand when I tell him he got lucky.
    I'm the laughing stock now for the next three months.
  • Ryche
    151 posts Member
    With these events and being totally a RNG for success, we need a reset button where it will just restart the event, instead of forfeiting, going through the launch again, watching opening sequence chats, etc.

Thats the pain imo. If you could just hit a restart it would be much less painful.
  • Tough, but do-able. I got C3P0 at 7* using the following: zChirpa G10, Elder G12, Wicket G11, Paploo G11 and Teebo G8. 180-225 speed ranges. Yeah, it took me 30 or so tries to get Chewie and the Rebel solider guy to play nicely, but hey, I was a bit under geared, so it felt like it was par for the course.

30 tries. That's cute. That was hour 1.

I'm probably in the 500s. Still no quarter.
    Zchirpa G11, Wicket G11, Paploo G11, Elder G11. Teebo/Scout G9.
    All omegas. Closest I've got was Chewie and Han down. Then instakilled.
  • StarSon
    7405 posts Member
    Here’s my Ewoks Squad:

ZChirpa - g12, 244 speed
    Elder - g12, 266 speed
    Logray - g11, 227 speed
    Paploo - g11, 194 speed
    Scout - g11, 231 speed

I’ve only been able to take out either Han or Chewie each one time out of 20+ attempts. Devs - I get difficult, but the degree of difficulty and RNG required for this event is beyond ridiculous. Get yourselves together and do better.

Without reading any other post here, I can tell you now that your speeds are wrong. Paploo should be the fastest to get the train going.

Also, it's not really that hard, especially compared to Chewie, but without the "ideal team" you are adding some difficulty. Keep trying though, that team should do it.
  • Tried your way. No progress.

And I had the chewie event down in about 50 tries.