I was shocked! (Embo needs a change asap!)

I was running the nightsister event a minute ago and I decided to throw in my Rebels with Chewbacca due to his % health hits so I can take out the altar quick, I put CLS, Han, Chewie and 3PO and as I was scrolling for down to find the fifth I saw Embo and I threw him in there.

The match started and I noticed the guard was on CLS and Han instead of Han and Embo. I was really confused at that point thinking there must be a mistake, some sort of bug because there's no way Embo was tankier than CLS. My CLS is g12+3 pieces while Embo is only g12 with no pieces. After the battle was over I went into character tab and I saw that Embo has 51k protection while CLS only had around 34k! His health is a bit higher and I noticed CLS had a circle with health primary. So I changed that to protection out of curiosity and he only went up to like 44k protection, still alot lower than Embo!

I've used Embo quite alot and I never realized how much protection he has because of that ridiculous ability that he throws his Hat and it takes away half of his protection... Although he can regain some of it with the payout ability, it still ends up being his down fall... I have to admit I'm very disappointed with Embo because he is one of my favorite characters in SW and I feel like compared to the rest of the BH he doesn't make the top 5 and that's because of that stupid ability that reduces his protection by half.

In conclusion I have two requests from the devs:
1. Remove the protection sacrifice for his middle ability so that poor Embo can finally become USABLE, because this ability makes him unusable unfortunately.
2. We need a better way to eyeball a character's protection and health than the current bars. After a certain amount of health and protection they start to look identical, perhaps we need a similar rework to that of ships. I always thought CLS was very tanky by looking at his bars it's so easy to be fooled by it.

Replies

• Joke of the day, congrats!
    Achievement unlocked, now start thinking about another one for tomorrow.
  • I thought you found a way to solo p3 of the sith raid with embo :D

Also, how is Embo not usable
  • Git gud.
    Embo is the best BH attacker we have.
  • BH are a risk-reward faction. This is evident with their payouts and this is another example.

Embo is very usable. During the palp/traya meta I routinely took top 50 and a few times a week top 20 with my bounty hunters. I didn't have a 7* Jango or Embo then either. But Jango, Embo, Dengar, Bossk, and Boba is a very good team.
  • Elyk
    22 posts Member
    Embo is the man. Im not sure why you put him in a CLS (L) though, he doesnt really have that R2, Nest, Thrawn plug and play element. Keep him with the BHs and though I havent tried it he'd probably have decent utility under a Qira (L). That losing of some protection keeps him pretty balanced, imo, but even with that the guy is still a monster attacker.
  • swgohfan29 wrote: »
    I thought you found a way to solo p3 of the sith raid with embo :D

Also, how is Embo not usable

?
  • Elyk wrote: »
    Embo is the man. Im not sure why you put him in a CLS (L) though, he doesnt really have that R2, Nest, Thrawn plug and play element. Keep him with the BHs and though I havent tried it he'd probably have decent utility under a Qira (L). That losing of some protection keeps him pretty balanced, imo, but even with that the guy is still a monster attacker.

I said I was doing the nightsister event, I was looking for a 5th member so I picked a random character
  • 794ulyl2uaf1.jpeg
    Out of ten...so he's in the middle?
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    794ulyl2uaf1.jpeg
    Out of ten...so he's in the middle?

But still top 5 tho
  • Zombie961
    1819 posts Member
    Agree on the second point about health and prot at least, but at worst Embo is the 6th best of an all round great faction
  • LMHO
  • You ran Embo in a non bounty hunter team and youre complaining that he doesn’t get the protection regen he’d get in a bounty hunter team? Dengar and Bossk(L) regents protection really quick