GA matchmaking!!!

dimi4a
1558 posts Member
edited March 2019
CG/EA fix your matchmaking! I'm so sick of facing and losing to opponents with stronger character rosters all because your broken matchmaking is counting a player's ship GP to his total GP when there are no ship battles in GA! There's been more than enough time since GA launched and this matter still hasn't been fixed!

Replies

• Gruny
    12 posts Member
    I would agree. I too am constantly in groups where I'm always last and with no chance to win. This particular time, out of 30 enemies, 6 of those are not g12, whereas it's the reverse for me. Besides how would you like to be always on the losing side. If this is not changed, I will stop playing this part of the game altogether. I only play it for the rewards and it's never fair.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    dimi4a wrote: »
    Another thing is that matchmaking should take into account not only a player's GP, but also his Raid, Legendary and Hero's Journey characters and ships.

So, you want 3 mirror matches every GA? No thanx!

Since we all compete for the exact same rewards, mixing players with stronger rosters and players with weaker rosters is the most fair solution.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Gruny wrote: »
    I would agree. I too am constantly in groups where I'm always last and with no chance to win. This particular time, out of 30 enemies, 6 of those are not g12, whereas it's the reverse for me. Besides how would you like to be always on the losing side. If this is not changed, I will stop playing this part of the game altogether. I only play it for the rewards and it's never fair.

This most recent GA my alt with 17 g12 characters beat my opponent with 43 (good) g12 characters when battling for the 3rd win in the last round. Sometimes better strategy makes up for weaker gear.

If you keep loosing there are several ways to improve:
    • Improve your roster (characters, gear, mods - everything)
    • Improve your strategy
    • Improve your execution of that strategy.

Good luck in your next GA. :-)
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Waqui wrote: »
    Gruny wrote: »

This most recent GA my alt with 17 g12 characters beat my opponent with 43 (good) g12 characters when battling for the 3rd win in the last round. Sometimes better strategy makes up for weaker gear.

If you keep loosing there are several ways to improve:
    • Improve your roster (characters, gear, mods - everything)
    • Improve your strategy
    • Improve your execution of that strategy.

Good luck in your next GA. :-)

You have to realise that in some cases these tips just don't work. An example of that is Jedi Knight Revan: no matter how maxed are your characters (gear, mods, Zetas) or what strategies you use, if you don't counter him with a JKR of your own you simply lose.

My advice to "Improve your roster" includes farming your own JKR team or farming a counter team for the JKR teams you encounter. That advice works quite well. How can you claim, that it doesn't?

My advice to "Improve your strategy" includes identifying which counter teams exist and learning how to use them. That also works.

• Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Waqui wrote: »
    Another thing is that matchmaking should take into account not only a player's GP, but also his Raid, Legendary and Hero's Journey characters and ships.

So, you want 3 mirror matches every GA? No thanx!

Since we all compete for the exact same rewards, mixing players with stronger rosters and players with weaker rosters is the most fair solution.

I'm sorry but facing a player that has a fully maxed Traya, JKR, C-3PO teams and etc, while at the same time you don't have said characters/teams unlocked, just because of trash matchmaking doesn't seem fair. Same is with ships. It's like a rabbit faces a lion and you call that fair?

Why isn't it fair? We all battle for the exact same rewards. Why should anyone have easier access to better rewards, just because they built a weaker roster?

Why are you only a rabbit, if you could have been strong as a lion? It's only a matter of how you build your roster (or in the case of Traya: How you and your guild mates build their rosters).