Why does Young Landos special have a 14 turn cooldown?

JDIII
1736 posts Member
edited March 2019
Now I know there’s a chance for it to get lowered a little, but the problem I’m having with this is how terrible this ability seems to have a 14 turn cooldowns4082dk5z5vf.png

Replies

• crzydroid
    7296 posts Moderator
    The ability has a 4.276 multiplier when maxed, so with the +30% CD he gives himself and +30% offense from Qi'ra lead, I'd imagine a maxed Lando could hit pretty hard with it. The cooldown reduction also happens at the beginning of each turn, so any character. A maxed Lando on the right team could probably use it frequently and hit pretty hard.
  • crzydroid
    7296 posts Moderator
    If you give him a CD set with 6* square and 6* offense primary cross and CD triangle, with all bonuses from himself and Qi'ra, about 53,070 pre-mitigation or 73,481 pre-mitigation if he has Offense Up. Depending on armor and his armor penetration, that could be 37k-45k without Offense Up or 51k-62k with. Those aren't bad crits.

Again, EACH turn, as in every character's turn, there's a 50% chance for EACH debuffed enemy to reduce the cooldown. Assuming equivalent speeds, 7-9 characters going by his next turn means 3-4 debuffed enemies is enough to get him to use it every turn with average RNG. It's probably quite easy to reduce the effective cooldown to 2-3 turns even with a fast Lando or few debuffed enemies.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    If he is with Young Han prepared allies get CD up buff too after Han uses his special. Qira gives defense penetration up for 3 turns and adds +30% offense.

He can hit really really hard. I swear at one point I saw a screen of 100k damage but may be wrong. Ive personally seen 60k+ more than once. Between he and YHan's special (which can also hit more than 60k) and Qira's mass assist that grants exposes, they can melt people.

Not recommended to use on D with Yando or Yolo because the AI cannot use the prepared mechanic properly.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    And regardless of the character (which also has a stealth and cleanse that are useful) his ship is amazing. If you bring him in 3rd reinforce, basic + 3rd special + second special can kill HT and any other tank from full protection (or up to 3 already damaged ships). His double node is very good value.