I politely ask for help with omegas

The Omega struggle is real, I politely ask the devs for some relief by increasing the amount of omegas we earn. I don't see a reason why players should be limited so hard due to lack of ability materials especially when we have the gear part covered. Games are about fun and it's impossible to have fun without being able to utilize characters properly.

Don't bombard this thread with responses about Zetas, if I wanted the same thing for Zetas I would have specifically mentioned Zetas. This is about omegas and omegas only.

Replies

• This is your first thread I can truly get behind.
    Considering that it's the zetas that should be the most exclusive materials to upgrade abilities, I always find myself having more zetas than omegas, sometimes even twice as many.
    At least omegas could be permanent drop on the ability materials challenge.
  • HK666
    1263 posts Member
    Try to dial back who deserves an omega and who doesn't. I tried slapping an omega on every toon as I approached lvl 85, and was always out. Once I realized that I shouldn't be doing so, I started having more available for the more important characters/abilities.

if you aren't already, you can grab omegas from the fleet store. I decided to balance omega and zeta intake from the store and just buy both whenever I have at least 3.5k currency.

With management, even after burning through several omegas on my ewoks, I can still have about 25 omega mats free, and another 26 for the two zetas I'm holding. While I could use all of them in an instant (and want to), things like rebel pathfinder's basic just aren't worth it
  • Money
    11 posts Member
    You are not supposed to be able to omega every ability on every character. Resource management makes for more decisions which makes the game more diverse and interesting.
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    The infinite monkey theorem states that a monkey hitting keys at random on a typewriter keyboard for an infinite amount of time will almost surely type any given text, such as the complete works of William Shakespeare.

Looks like OP has finally posted enough complaint threads that there is an actual valid complaint that I sort of agree with. Shudders.
  • Resource management. Once i realised im not Oprah and you dont need an omega, you dont need an omega... No one needs an omega. And i only omegad the toons i use. I found a lot more.
  • I agree with OP, omega materials should be more common. I think it's very strange that I have many more zeta mats than omega mats even though zetas are supposed to be rarer. I am extremely judicious about who I give these materials out to, so it's not like I'm wasting them either. The ability mats challenge should drop omegas at a 100% drop rate, imo.
  • There's 3 cantina battles and 4 DS battles that give omegas beside the fleet nodes and challenges that give them on top of galactic war and ability mat challenge that gives them. 11 places to get them besides fleet shipments and weekly shipments. So 13 places.
  • The problem with these threads, which i 100% agree with the OP btw, is they always bring the group of people who either A) Love to argue or B) Have millions of GP and don't need omega mats nearly as bad. The argument that every ability on every character doesn't need an omega is only 5% true. Omega abilities range from 15%+ damage up to cooldown reduction and ability boosts, and using any character without maximizing their potential makes 0 sense. Even characters leveled up solely for events can still be used in TW/GA where every additional squad could make all the difference. I say 5% because there are abilities that make very little impact but they are definitely the minority.

Theres also the argument that choosing what characters to omega adds another level of challenge and strategy is just silly, we already have to make that choice with gear and zetas. Speaking of zetas i don't think we would even be having this conversation if every zeta didnt also require 10+ omega mats.
  • Huatimus wrote: »
    The infinite monkey theorem states that a monkey hitting keys at random on a typewriter keyboard for an infinite amount of time will almost surely type any given text, such as the complete works of William Shakespeare.

Looks like OP has finally posted enough complaint threads that there is an actual valid complaint that I sort of agree with. Shudders.

Hey buddy, EVERYTHING I talk about in these forums is well thought and if implemented it would make this game a bit better each time.

But thanks for agreeing with me for once