EA owes us nothing, so just have fun!!

Prev13
Brownie
298 posts Member
Not much of a poster here but I often read these forums when I have some spair time and it seems like the vast majority are negative postings and I just don't get it. Maybe its just my stealth nerfed drop rate confirmational bias speaking though.

Listen, I understand this game is far from
perfect, but EA does not owe us anything.
Stop with the entitlement. It is no different than players whining that Yoda is too hard and then getting bashed for it!

Furthermore, if you hate EA, CG, this game, the devs or the prices so much, quit playing! Its that simple. Why invest time in a game you despise so much? Otherwise, stop complaining and just have fun. Life is too short and its not worth it. Do you all really enjoy complaining so much?

Its simple for me, when this game loses its luster to me, I will move on to something bigger and better. No stress, no anger, no hatred for anyone or anything.

Remember, its a game, have fun. Keep perspective, there are more important things in life. Anyway, thats my two cents and there is no reason you all need to agree, just sharing a point of view. Good luck to you all!!

Replies

• Mo_liza
    786 posts Member
    That's easy to say if you've spent 0 dollars.
  • Mittens
    967 posts Member
    I can see this is going to end well.
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Mo_liza wrote: »

The biggest spenders aren't the ones with the highest expectations actually.

As a dolphin, I agree with you op. I do expect more content but I can wait. But.. I'm just a sheep.. Or even worse, a CG plant.
  • Brownie
    298 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    I have spent a small portion of money, very small. And I can understand big spenders being upset occassionally but at the same time, they only have theirselves to blame.

If I spent $2,000 it does not mean I am entitled to
    anything and there is no guarantee that EA would add more content. I would be spending money hoping that they do; however, at some point, If I was unhappy with its game, service, etc. I would stop spending and/or stop playing.

Maybe I look at things differently, but it seems so simple to me. I guess I am also not one to complain about things like this.

To each his own. If thats your thing and this game means that much to you, complain all you want, who am I to stop you?

But really, at the end of the day, its a game. Why do you care so much? No one is forcing you to play it.
  • Brownie wrote: »
    Not much of a poster here but I often read these forums when I have some spair time and it seems like the vast majority are negative postings and I just don't get it. Maybe its just my stealth nerfed drop rate confirmational bias speaking though.

Listen, I understand this game is far from
    perfect, but EA does not owe us anything.
    Stop with the entitlement. It is no different than players whining that Yoda is too hard and then getting bashed for it!

Furthermore, if you hate EA, CG, this game, the devs or the prices so much, quit playing! Its that simple. Why invest time in a game you despise so much? Otherwise, stop complaining and just have fun. Life is too short and its not worth it. Do you all really enjoy complaining so much?

Its simple for me, when this game loses its luster to me, I will move on to something bigger and better. No stress, no anger, no hatred for anyone or anything.

Remember, its a game, have fun. Keep perspective, there are more important things in life. Anyway, thats my two cents and there is no reason you all need to agree, just sharing a point of view. Good luck to you all!!

Plus 1000
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Brownie wrote: »
    I have spent a small portion of money, very small. And I can understand big spenders being upset occassionally but at the same time, they only have theirselves to blame.

anything and there is no guarantee that EA would add more content. I would be spending money hoping that they do; however, at some point, If I was unhappy with its game, service, etc. I would stop spending and/or stop playing.

Maybe I look at things differently, but it seems so simple to me. I guess I am also not one to complain about things like this.

To each his own. If thats your thing and this game means that much to you, complain all you want, who am I to stop you?

But really, at the end of the day, its a game. Why do you care so much? No one is forcing you to play it.

Only a small percentage from the whale spectrum are complaining so I'm not sure why you went in depth with your whale essay.
  • Nemesis6870
    92 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    I agree with the OP.....im a small whale and I spent knowing full well its like playing the lottery....and have no issues with it.
    Im playing because I enjoy it and my only goal is to collect all toons.
    This is Star Wars.....I went and seen the original 3 at drive in theaters when I was young....its in my blood and was a big part of my growing up.
  • Brownie
    298 posts Member
    J7000 wrote: »

Only a small percentage from the whale spectrum are complaining so I'm not sure why you went in depth with your whale essay.

Wasnt necessary, had I saw your reply first wouldve left it alone.

Just trying to say that I dont think dollars spent should matter in this area, you either have fun or you don't.

And hey, if you have fun on the forums, that counts too!
  • Brownie
    298 posts Member
    I agree with the OP.....im a small whale and I spent knowing full well its like playing the lottery....and have no issues with it.
    Im playing because I enjoy it and my only goal is to collect all toons.
    This is Star Wars.....I went and seen the original 3 at drive in theaters when I was young....its in my blood and was a big part of my growing up.

Love it! This is what its all about to me.
  • Actually I'm going to say EA owes us 10,000 energy and I only say that because I'd like 10,000 energy please ;)
  • Lol
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    J7000 wrote: »

Wasnt necessary, had I saw your reply first wouldve left it alone.

Just trying to say that I dont think dollars spent should matter in this area, you either have fun or you don't.

And hey, if you have fun on the forums, that counts too!

I was agreeing with you... And don't need your forum advice. Enjoying your forum. :)
  • Breetai
    858 posts Member
    Reasons for some of the I hate this, hate that, hate EA, hate CG and everything else is actually understandable.

Some of the post people make are actually not because they hate the game, but because they are worried about the game and afraid they may have wasted money. I'm not saying they spent money and now think they messed up, I mean they invested money into the game and they are worried that the game will not grow and people leave and game close and then that money is wasted.

So what do they do? Make post about what needs fixed, what needs added, what needs taken away, ect, because if they came here and made a thread begging for stuff, or saying they are worried or anything else like that not only would it be ignored but also flammed.

It's not the hats the game, it's they are concerned it will not last long
  • sid
    232 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Umm, say what? Spending a lot of money absolutely gives people the right to make requests.

It's our money. If someone wants our money, they have to offer something worth spending money for.

If one spends several thousand dollars, say on appliances or furniture, one has the right to ask for a discount or free delivery/installation or a free rug or vacuum, etc.

Whales absolutely have the right to make requests, such as for exclusive characters.

So does anyone who spends. Hello devs, a lot of us are level 70. We don't need intro packs. Where are those powerup packs? Give us something worth buying. It's tax return season.

It's called negotiation. Win-win.
  • I think people just like complaining bro, nothing anyone can do or say about it
  • Brownie
    298 posts Member
    sid wrote: »
    Umm, say what? Spending a lot of money absolutely gives people the right to make requests.

It's our money. If someone wants our money, they have to offer something worth spending money for.

If one spends several thousand dollars, say on appliances or furniture, one has the right to ask for a discount or free delivery/installation or a free rug or vacuum, etc.

Whales absolutely have the right to make requests, such as for exclusive characters.

So does anyone who spends. Hello devs, a lot of us are level 70. We don't need intro packs. Where are those powerup packs? Give us something worth buying. It's tax return season.

It's called negotiation. Win-win.

I actually don't disagree with this, but there is a difference between requesting and complaining, which I don't think I need to get into.

All those things you mentioned are possible advantages of spending more money but you dont spend the money going into it knowing that you are going to get something free all the time. You spend the money because its a product you want. And just because you spend more money than someone else doesn't mean the company has to do anything for you. It would be smart business to cater to big spenders but its not required.

All kinds of companies have bad customer service, others good. To some people thats important and others its not. You have to decide what matters to you.

My point was for as many people who continue to play this game and spend lots of money, there is far too much complaining. It seems like every post is bashing the game or the devs or the company. But they still play.

So all I am saying is, the game should be fun. Its not a job. Its something to help you relax and forget about real life stresses. It shouldn't add to your real life problems.
  • J7000 wrote: »

Lol
  • J7000 wrote: »
    Mo_liza wrote: »

The biggest spenders aren't the ones with the highest expectations actually.
    @Naecabon
    | John Salera is my favorite Sith Lord |
  • Brownie
    298 posts Member
    I think people just like complaining bro, nothing anyone can do or say about it

I think you're exactly right, for some reason its human nature to complain about everything.

Please insert a clever life lesson from Yoda here.
  • Actually I'm going to say EA owes us 10,000 energy and I only say that because I'd like 10,000 energy please ;)

I need another 18 cuffs, would 10000 energy be enough to get them
  • Brownie
    298 posts Member
    Actually I'm going to say EA owes us 10,000 energy and I only say that because I'd like 10,000 energy please ;)

lol why not make it 100,000 plus 10,000 cantina?
  • Does Brownie stand for brown noser? We play because we like the product. We complain because EA isnt repeatedly rated the worst company in America for nothing.
  • Following last year’s surprise Worst Company In America victory by Electronic Arts, there was hope that the video game giant would get the message: Stop treating your customers like human piggy banks, and don’t put out so many incomplete and/or broken games with the intent of getting your customers to pay extra for what they should have received in the first place. And yet, here we are again, with EA
  • Following last year’s surprise Worst Company In America victory by Electronic Arts, there was hope that the video game giant would get the message: Stop treating your customers like human piggy banks, and don’t put out so many incomplete and/or broken games with the intent of getting your customers to pay extra for what they should have received in the first place. And yet, here we are again, with EA

True story

• sid
    232 posts Member
    There's nothing wrong with spending money -AND- expecting a high quality product that continues to perform.
  • klay
    76 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    While I'll think people can get overly negative at times, a lot of it could be avoided if there was more communication in the forums from CG's side. When stuff doesn't work, people would be more forgiving if they at least knew it was being fixed or even looked at. You can easily see how many issues that are brought up in this forum that seemingly get ignored. So I can understand the frustration.

I think most people complain here because they actually do like this game, they just want to be heard about the things that take away from the fun. Smart businesses actually appreciate negative feedback because it lets them know what isn't working and how they can improve.
  • EA owes me a new crib dude...and a hummer on 22" chrome wheels, o and a birthday present from last year why has no one else complained about these things???
  • Brownie wrote: »

anything and there is no guarantee that EA would add more content.

If you spent $2000 on a mobile phone game that you play on your $200 phone than you're crazy :)

• Or u could refund ur purchases and try again? Haha
  • Breetai wrote: »
    Reasons for some of the I hate this, hate that, hate EA, hate CG and everything else is actually understandable.

Some of the post people make are actually not because they hate the game, but because they are worried about the game and afraid they may have wasted money. I'm not saying they spent money and now think they messed up, I mean they invested money into the game and they are worried that the game will not grow and people leave and game close and then that money is wasted.

So what do they do? Make post about what needs fixed, what needs added, what needs taken away, ect, because if they came here and made a thread begging for stuff, or saying they are worried or anything else like that not only would it be ignored but also flammed.

It's not the hats the game, it's they are concerned it will not last long

EXACTLY. Great comment there.

Also to the OP. If you spend money at say a mini golf park and every hole is the same, and several of the mechanisms are not working as they should, and the green has puddles in it, AKA it is not working properly, and you spent money to play that course. You paying to play there does not entitle you to complain if it is not up to par?

You buy a steak, order it med rare and it comes out mid well, your money spent does not entitle you to complain about that steak?

Now a game example. People bought a pack with a character who was said to have certain attributes. Those attributes wound up not being what was paid for. Money spent does not entitle anyone to complain?

Point is if you buy a product or service or pay for entertainment and it does not fufill expectations you have the right to voice your concern, distaste, frustration, whatever you want to call it.

Now I will agree the endless hate and such is uncalled for. Some feel entitled, some are F2P complaining, others are whales frustrated, others still are mild to moderate spenders with frustration. Many complain to complain sure, many beat a dead horse to death with the same topic over and over.

Some though, like me, post the issues because I love the game, care about it, want it to grow and last, and yes, worry that I dumped money into a flop. Search though my topics OP and you will see I post the good too. Thanking EA/CG for things they did like Red Card, the Rex Pack, Bonus energy, the better communication, ect.