How Many Still Undefeated in GA?

Tsuo_Vook
62 posts Member
edited March 2019
So we've had what, about 10 Grand Arena events now? The first couple demo events were just one round, and then we had a stack of them the first month, and about 2 per month thereafter I think.

I'm curious about how many players are still undefeated through all these rounds. I am, and I'm a little surprised by it; pretty sure it's largely due to my mod farming and having a deep roster of teams instead of working to get everyone I use to G12. I've got tons of ship GP, though, and that doesn't seem to be hurting me too badly on the matchups. Usually I face other players with about equal character GP (about 2.6m total, 1.6 as character)---but more G12s and zetas, less roster depth, worse speed mods, and lower arena rank.

Any insights from other players, either folks who are still undefeated or who went undefeated for a while? Does the matchmaking seem reasonable to you? What do you think has led to your success against opponents who ostensibly should be matched pretty well with you.
Post edited by Tsuo_Vook on

Replies

• Me! I think most players in my GP bracket (2.3M) just need to work on two things: their mods and attacking. I’ve only faced a couple players with faster mods than mine which aren’t amazing or anything. And I’m surprised at how many of my opponents don’t bother to attack, or only do one battle.
  • Me! I think most players in my GP bracket (2.3M) just need to work on two things: their mods and attacking. I’ve only faced a couple players with faster mods than mine which aren’t amazing or anything. And I’m surprised at how many of my opponents don’t bother to attack, or only do one battle.
    1.7M player here, and I agree. I feel that my current opponent is the only one who has got their mods together. I have seen people who had their arena teams with mk3 e mods, and plenty who only had halfway decent mods on their arena team only. As such, my B and sometimes even my C grade teams give them a lot of trouble just because of how much better modded they are.
  • Just over 4M. When I crossed that line I got my first 2 losses (2nd place last time and 2nd place this time too, I hope)
  • komji15
    534 posts Member
    Me... But I’ll lose at this round..🤬
  • uno
    150 posts Member
    lost two rounds so far...one from my own stupidity although would have still been close... the last one from a player with op revan squad and almost 200k toon advantage(2.5mgp total)....mods is my biggest surprise as alot of players don't spend much time on them(farming or placing)...as for matching, i've almost always had the handicap of fleet gp higher than my opponents but comes in handy when ships are in GA... unless u have one of the top revan teams, you've got at least one loss or been lucky to not have been matched to one