For old Ben owners are you still going to use him in arena ?

Mostly everyone is talking about Barris and sids buff and nerf. Ive seen mixed views on old Ben. I am just curious if the majority on here is still going to keep using him or drop him from their arena squad?

Replies

• My 7* ben will stay. The minor tweak means nothing ;).
  • Can you tell me your squad team if you don't mind? I was running an all jedi team but after the update Im thinking about changing.
  • i run a no healer heavy DPS team with old ben paired with a maxed tarkin to cut their attack down for pretty much the whole battle, while i spread my maul and lando aoe's.
  • For the meantime until I get better characters up and running. He and barriss will be taking a seat on the bench lol
  • @Regeneration nice I can't imagine being able to run a no healing team yet. I assume most toons must maxed for that.
  • @Darkness I did the same thing. I was using ima, barris, old Ben, Luma and sid but not anymore.
  • Illuminati wrote: »
    @Regeneration nice I can't imagine being able to run a no healing team yet. I assume most toons must maxed for that.
    Yeah it helps. Most of the kids on here run poop teams anyway, only scrubs would need 2-3 healers lol.

• Illuminati wrote: »
    @Darkness I did the same thing. I was using ima, barris, old Ben, Luma and sid but not anymore.

Thinking of going a little more stealthy just to add a new variety. And just to say "it's a trap!" Lol
  • The tweaks on Old Ben aren't that bad...

I am more persuaded to put him away only because the buffs to Sid and Maul make Jedi a liability.
  • HavokTrigger
    897 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Sid and Maul are both pretty squishy. A 4-5* Maul can be taken out in 2 hits. My jedi aren't backing down.
  • Yes
    145 posts Member
    Agreed with trigger...
  • I just pulled maul at 4*... I'm excited for jedi arena teams (:
  • Skye
    795 posts Member
    Old ben still retains his use for me. I never had him for the purpose of defense... His job has always been simply to lock out the opposing teams healers ability to heal when I'm just about to take one of them out. The changes to him don't really impact me as a result.. I never depended on the offense down anyway, although that change makes me think they need to change his tanking tag to a support tag as a result...

The longer cooldown though I'm not too sure about... it means I have to be much more strategic about when I use that ability.. rather than hitting it every time its up.

All in all the change doesn't impact me much.. It will mean its easier for people to take out my teams if they are careful. But like I said I never had him for the purpose of defense but rather for offense and locking down their healers when I most need him to.
    Former crazy person of the guild "Shard Awakens"... *quit game 13th July 2016*

Game used to be fun when it wasn't a grind... if I wanted a grind I would have went and played old school Everquest or some Korean MMO!
  • I feel like he still has a decent leadership ability also and have been thinking about him across a couple healerless teams.