Greedo with a Glass Jaw

Stenun
851 posts Member
I'm trying to build a Zam Wesell led Bounty Hunter team to take advantage of her Thermal Detonator orientated Leadership ability. (Before anyone asks or bothers typing that she's useless and tries telling me to do different Bounty Hunters, I'm doing it because it's FUN, okay? I don't care what you think of her.)
So to that end, I want to include the other three Bounty Hunters that have automatic Thermal Detonator powers - Dengar, Cad Bane and Greedo. Dengar's great, he blows stuff up and looks butch doing so. Cad Bane less so but he cancels buffs and tends not to get attacked much anyway. But Greedo is wetter than my nana after she's been swimming in the sea off the coast of northern Scotland in the middle of April.
I've tried modding him to take advantage of his "if he gets a critical, attack again" ability but two hits and he's outta there. So I'm thinking he needs defences instead.
So, the question is ... health or defence or protection or what? What's the best way to keep him alive?

Replies

• Why cad? I tryed termal zam team many times and its fun, but i find boba much more usefull than cad here cuz he have 2 specials that land termal under zam leader. Also boosk gives u a tank as well as 2 specials and he get a lot of tm early in tue fight as well as an asist that let u get a turn right after zam and greedo land their detonators so its zam turn after that so u can explode all termal in the enemy team in ur second round :P
  • I run a zam lead BH team in HSTR and GW get like 15+ TD on all enemies .
    Run zamL ,dengar, greedo , hermit Yoda and Jawa engineer.

Best way to keep greedo alive is get the contact fulfilled or use a pre or any taunting tank . 60% crit chance should be enough for this team, so after you hit that try and load up protection and health primary . He also needs speed , offence , potency which makes him a jack of all trades and a master of nothing
  • What gear level are your bounty hunters at?

If your focus is on TDs, Cad Bane isn't bringing much to this team. Greedo is squishy until he gets his contract fulfilled, at which point he counters and steals enough health that you don't need to worry so much about him. The trick is keeping him alive that long. Swapping Cad Bane out for Bossk will greatly help you with that.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • Shadowscream
    968 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    I ran a TD team for ages and loved it. However, I found Boba as a better leader due to the TM gain part of his leadership.
    Additionally your squishy BHs like Greedo get extra health, extra CC, extra CD and extra Speed!

*** Boba (lead), Greedo, Zam, Dengar + Cad Bane/Bossk ***

(I switched in Bossk for Cad Bane before I had his Zeta(s) and it works better than Cad).

gjk5yndem1ly.jpeg
  • Shadowscream
    968 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    For GA 3v3 I run:
    • Defence —> zBossk, Boba, Cad Bane
    • Attack —> Zam, Greedo, Dengar
    (I will also have a 7* Jango soon, I use IG88 with droids)
  • Stenun
    851 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    What gear level are your bounty hunters at?

Boba Fett, Zam and Dengar are all 12; Boba and Zam have their Zetas. Greedo is at 11 and a half. Cad Bane is at 11.

EDIT:: In case it's relevant, Bossk is at 5* but only four points away from being 6*. Jango is also 5* But only 30 points in. Those two are my current farms (well, technically my current farms are Bossk and Hounds Tooth, but Hounds Tooth shares a node with Jango). IG-88 is 7*. I haven't touched Aura or Embo since getting them so they're 3* still. IG-88 is g11; Bossk and Jango are being worked on now as I farm them.
  • Budgernaut
    118 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    I ran a TD team for ages and loved it. However, I found Boba as a better leader due to the TM gain part of his leadership.
    Additionally your squishy BHs like Greedo get extra health, extra CC, extra CD and extra Speed!

I'm new, so I don't understand CC or CD. I do see where the extra speed comes from, but not the extra health (unless you're referring to the extra protection he grants).

EDIT: Right after I posted, I figured out it was critical chance and critical damage.
  • Stenun
    851 posts Member
    Thanks for all the replies so far, everyone! All really helpful. :-)
  • Stenun
    851 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Budgernaut wrote: »
    I'm new, so I don't understand CC or CD. I do see where the extra speed comes from, but not the extra health (unless you're referring to the extra protection he grants).

Critical Chance and Critical Damage.
    Boba Fett's Leadership grants a health bonus, too. Something like 50% of total Bounty Hunter potency in your squad, iirc.
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Stenun wrote: »
    I've tried modding [Greedo] to take advantage of his "if he gets a critical, attack again" ability but two hits and he's outta there. So I'm thinking he needs defences instead.
    Greedo is forever limited by the second 50% check on each additional attack. While he can occasionally deliver a withering hail of blaster bolts, you should consider it a bonus rather than relying on it.
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    But Greedo is wetter than my nana after she's been swimming in the sea off the coast of northern Scotland in the middle of April.

I'd just like to take a moment to acknowledge the bizarre level of specificity in this simile.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Well he is Scottish. They're a bit funny North of the border. Something to do with Haggis probably. ;)
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Treeburner wrote: »
    I run a zam lead BH team in HSTR and GW get like 15+ TD on all enemies .
    Run zamL ,dengar, greedo , hermit Yoda and Jawa engineer.

Best way to keep greedo alive is get the contact fulfilled or use a pre or any taunting tank . 60% crit chance should be enough for this team, so after you hit that try and load up protection and health primary . He also needs speed , offence , potency which makes him a jack of all trades and a master of nothing

Heroic Sith? No you don’t.
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Stenun wrote: »
    But Greedo is wetter than my nana after she's been swimming in the sea off the coast of northern Scotland in the middle of April.

Oh man that was hilarious.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member

Oh man that was hilarious.

...if not a bit disturbing...
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*