Grand Arena: Do you compete or just place defenders and wait?

If I'm honest, I place defense and wait it out. Once in a great while I compete, but I usually get slaughtered so I give up again for a while.

What are others doing?

Replies

• I place defense and offensively try to clear the board.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    i don't compete, i annihilate ! BOOYAAAA
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • EduardoCadav
    390 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    I tried to be clever once and wait until after my opponent had attacked so I knew how many banners to get. In my head we were playing a game of chicken waiting to see who would blink..... I blinked and my opponent never attacked! :'(

We spoke afterwards and it turns out he didn't care about GA and just set his defense for me to have fun :)

Since then I start attacking about 5 mins after the phase starts then spend the next 47 and a half hours waiting until I can attack again! :D
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Fight. >:)
  • Compete.
  • Marev
    28 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Definitely compete.

I‘m one of these guys who has a broad roster because of Territory Wars and -Battles, but neither Traya nor Revan. It‘s been fun developing strategies against those guys (my opponents naturally always have them) and gradually getting better (20minutes away from claiming first place with a 95% chance of that happening :smile: )
  • No fight, no chance to win. And this was against opponents with 150-300k more squad GP than my 900k. >:)

bvc2z9ga9zuw.png
  • Of course I compete. I've only lost twice so far and getting the top rewards almost everytime is great.
  • Attacking is my favorite part of GA.
  • My main complaint is winning is not enough to win. Which to me is just annoying. I have a low threshold. lol
  • Jarvind
    3925 posts Member
    Compete.

What I don't understand is the guys that put ALL their best teams on defense and then can't get past my absolute garbage Phoenix team (like 71k power) because they have nothing to attack with. Like, do they ever win with that approach?

The only way I can see it working is if both guys in a matchup do the same thing and then just flail at each other's defenses with their leftover scraps like

ScaryEnlightenedBobwhite-size_restricted.gif

u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Always compete but in a way, I don't blame those who don't when they built breadth and go up against someone who poured everything into 2 teams and have 2 brick walls in front, especially when one of them is Revan.
  • Definitely compete. I want to use the roster I have built and test my toons and teams

I put down a strongish defence but always leave myself enough teams that I think I can clear my opponent with (barring a Revan Team on defence atm)
  • ClubberLangIII
    372 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    I do neither. I join Grand Arena, set no defenses, and then use the opportunity to recruit for my guild. People are talkative when they just guaranteed won the GA match against a peer.

SWGOH's best casual guild is recruiting!
    Contact me: Clubber Lang
    Ally Code: 174-914-139
    Current stats: 40 members / 92,000,000 GP
    Or just join our guild: We might be giants
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    I compete in 5v5. Can't stand 3v3 so frequently don't in that and just place defense and ignore.
  • komji15
    534 posts Member
    My alt is the only one who has Revan and Traya.😂😂 2.4m
    They didn’t attack mine at all.
  • I do neither. I join Grand Arena, set no defenses, and then use the opportunity to recruit for my guild. People are talkative when they just guaranteed won the GA match against a peer.

Does that strategy actually work for you? Or are you just saying that to recruit here?
  • I do neither. I join Grand Arena, set no defenses, and then use the opportunity to recruit for my guild. People are talkative when they just guaranteed won the GA match against a peer.

Does that strategy actually work for you? Or are you just saying that to recruit here?

I think that is his signature line, but yeah...prolly
  • Kai_Mulai
    683 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    I compete all the way. Aside from being naturally competitive, I get better rewards the more I win. And I also like the challenge of figuring out which teams to use to beat which opposing squad.
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    Darth wrote: »
    Just placed defense cause the matchmaking has been broken! Matching ppl up with galactic power but adding ships in also so most of the time the battles really aren’t even and are usually lopsided

They already changed it so ships will not be included in GP in Grand Arena's that have no fleet teams.