Get rid of clones in TW.

Ludendorff
51 posts Member
edited March 2019
Just do it already. It’s not fun, it’s not ”playful” to face a wall of godlike clones in TW. I lost with CLS and I lost with Traya and no one in the guild is enjoying themselves.

You’re making TW something we hate, not enjoy.

Also, no more voting, no more boosting weak toons to invincible status. Let us enjoy the rosters we worked hard for.

Replies

• Don’t attack with sucky teams with sucky mods and you’ll win
  • Ludendorff wrote: »
    Just do it already. It’s not fun, it’s not ”playful” to face a wall of godlike clones in TW. I lost with CLS and I lost with Traya and no one in the guild is enjoying themselves.

Also, no more voting, no more boosting weak toons to invincible status. Let us enjoy the rosters we worked hard for.

Back when HAAT was difficult some of worked hard on Clones. I did, and I'm enjoying this use of the roster I worked hard for.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Fives5555 wrote: »
    Don’t attack with sucky teams with sucky mods and you’ll win

g12 arena teams (of various comps) with 6* mods are losing to g9 and g10 clones with weak mods. Nice try though.

I agree with the OP. Uber-buff TWs are lame. They aren't "fresh". They just feel like a poorly balanced Raid stage (and we have had plenty of those to compare).

If the TW buffs were strong enough to make a team or faction strong without making them almost god-like it might be fun. But as usual, CG doesn't know how to balance their own game at high levels.

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • jhbuchholz wrote: »
    Ludendorff wrote: »

Back when HAAT was difficult some of worked hard on Clones. I did, and I'm enjoying this use of the roster I worked hard for.

Those are not the clones you worked for.
  • The Clones do seem too OP to me. I think the bonuses in TW are a great way to shake things up and even make some underpowered toons useful, but it can go too far and the Clones seem too
  • Ludendorff wrote: »
    jhbuchholz wrote: »

:D Nice

As amused as I am by the reference, I still think it's nice to have a use for once valuable characters that have become obsolete. Clones and Jawa (for mod battles) for this bill. I suspect Geonosians were added due the investment folks made for fleet.

Either way, I'm having fun with the bonuses.
  • jhbuchholz wrote: »
    jhbuchholz wrote: »

:D Nice

As amused as I am by the reference, I still think it's nice to have a use for once valuable characters that have become obsolete. Clones and Jawa (for mod battles) for this bill. I suspect Geonosians were added due the investment folks made for fleet.

Either way, I'm having fun with the bonuses.

This right here. ^^
  • DuneSeaFarmer
    3525 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Same old same old, if you're winning you're happy. If not, you ain't.

Now what would be cool would be Offensive use of Clones gets buffed. Defensive doesn't.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Same old same old, if you're winning you're happy. If not, you ain't.

Lol - not quite. My guild still wins the TWs - most of us just think the SuperClones are lame.

I finish first in squad arena every day and still hate the meta more than any other in the 3+ year history of the game. Some stuff can be bad/boring content even if players know how to beat it.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • TW is for farming. Get what ya get move on. Why sweat it lol
  • Same old same old, if you're winning you're happy. If not, you ain't.

Now what would be cool would be Offensive use of Clones gets buffed. Defensive doesn't.

My guild has 17 straight wins, soon to be 18, and I absolutely hate tw now. Used to be my favorite part of the game but now with clones every other tw, I don’t even want to play. It’s not about winning or losing or having them or not having them. It’s simply not fun playing against supremely overpowered squads like that. They way overdid them and I guarantee you more people stop playing because of op bonus squads than people stop playing because they are bored with vanilla tw. It is a stupid decision on CG’s part.
  • Ikky2win
    870 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    On and just so you know, it’s also not fun and quite boring when these bonus squads completely stop your opponent. I want to see how my squads do on defense. I want to sweat a little. I want to watch them fight squads. It’s not just frustrating fighting them on offense, it’s equaly frustrating having them stop our opponents in their tracks.

p6602ne7yxzx.jpeg

Post edited by Ikky2win on
  • Super Geos are a hard counter to super clones
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Super Geos and Super Clones are both Super Dumb.
  • My guild uses clones to overcome clone defenses. Nobody complained. Have you tried using clones against clones?
  • My guild uses clones to overcome clone defenses. Nobody complained. Have you tried using clones against clones?

This, as obvious as it seems, is a very relevant comment. So you hate fighting clones in TW, well farm them to use them, against them!

Again though, even with the Geos, it just goes too far. I would like to see Jawas get a bonus, but not turn into Revan Killers (as much as we could use some those, too OP is just too OP and no fun)
  • Clone bonus is totally broken and against every fun (like jawa bugged-bonus at its first come)