General Shard Farming/Character Gearing Advice

Trana963
14 posts Member
edited March 2019
When farming a toon, should I be spending the crystals to refresh the node to get another 8 (16, 24) tries to farm up a single toon quicker or spread the love to multiple nodes (and thereby saving the crystal refreshes)?

With gearing, I seem to have hit a nice wall in the G8 area with many of my toons. Is it better to keep focusing on a single toon to gear 11/12 or get several up to G9-10?

My profile if helpful: https://swgoh.gg/p/322485828/

Replies

• 2smooth
    572 posts Member
    Options
    When I farm I use cost efficient refreshes. Never go above the initial rate.

Example 50 for energy 100 for cantina.
    As far as gearing goes depends on how competitive u want to be.

If u r casual Take one To desired gear lvl and then the next.

For arena u need all toons geared at same time as one at high gear lvl the rest low won’t get u far.
  • Options
    If you're panic farming for an event, or a single toon will help you immensely in the arena – let's say, Bossk if you're using Hound's Tooth in fleet – it absolutely makes sense to refresh the node back to 8 attempts one or two times each day. Otherwise I'd farm multiple toons at once with LS / DS energy.
  • Options
    As for gear, you definitely want a g12 team ASAP for raids and squad arena. But having a bunch of toons geared to g9-10 helps too when it comes to events like Smuggler's Run or assault battles. Plus, you can do more missions in TB, put more squads on defense in TW, and it might even give you an edge in GA against people with a top-heavy roster. They only get to use their few zetaed g12 squads once, while you may be able to send in 10 or 12 squads to whittle down their defenses.
  • Options
    Awesome thank you for the advice! I have been unlocking toons to get all the legendary and events covered, but realized I had some 7*, no real power toons. Now that I have most of the ones I “need” to get other characters, trying to work on gearing up the ones at G7-8.
  • ClubberLangIII
    372 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Join a good guild that gives nonstop character advice.

My guild has a few spots open if you're interested.

SWGOH's best casual guild is recruiting!
    Contact me: Clubber Lang
    Ally Code: 174-914-139
    Current stats: 40 members / 92,000,000 GP
    Or just join our guild: We might be giants