Why is there so much complaining in the forums?

Prev1
ClubberLangIII
372 posts Member
edited March 2019
It's amazing how much complaining there is in the forums. Maybe the forums need a section just for complaining.

If SWGOH causes so much grief, there might so some kinda Farmville game out there that is gentler and more group huggish for people.

I'm a middle of the pack player. There really not much to complain about when you're in the middle of the pack and spending no money on the game.

SWGOH's best casual guild is recruiting!
Contact me: Clubber Lang
Ally Code: 174-914-139
Current stats: 40 members / 92,000,000 GP
Or just join our guild: We might be giants
Post edited by ClubberLangIII on

Replies

• Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    It's amazing how much complaining there is in the forums. Maybe the forums need a section just for complaining.

If SWGOH causes so much grief, there might so some kinda Farmville game out there that is gentler and more group huggish for people.

I'm a middle of the pack player. There really not much to complain about when you're in the middle of the pack and spending no money on the game.

I mean same, but the forum is built for complaints.
  • When I see so much complaining,I kind of worry that if I beat some guy in territory war, he'll punch his little brother in the arm or something in a kind of angry gamer rage.

No little brother's arm deserves that kind of punishment.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    When I see so much complaining,I kind of worry that if I beat some guy in territory war, he'll punch his little brother in the arm or something in a kind of angry gamer rage.

No little brother's arm deserves that kind of punishment.

This is probably a joke, but all games are like this.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Really its mostly just General Discussion. Many of the sub forums are helpful and mostly pleasant.

I usually just come here if I am really bored, or had to listen to some client complain and then come here to see how much worse the complaint I had to listen to could have been.

Yes, its shallow, but it makes me feel better.
  • Revan
  • vice
    90 posts Member
    VonZant wrote: »
    Really its mostly just General Discussion. Many of the sub forums are helpful and mostly pleasant.

I usually just come here if I am really bored, or had to listen to some client complain and then come here to see how much worse the complaint I had to listen to could have been.

Yes, its shallow, but it makes me feel better.

sub forums are where posts go to die...
  • CazNeerg
    361 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    "Feedback." Lol. Forums are primarily for complaints. They are in no way even remotely representative of the overall sentiments of any game's player base, and no smart developer ever assumes that they are representative. They exist to let people blow off steam and have a (largely false) feeling that they are giving productive input.
    Post edited by CazNeerg on
  • I totally agree. I wish people could just relax, enjoy the game and be thankful that so many people are designing, building and sharing this app with us..... I mean, it's free to play! you only pay if you want.... People are so angry these days for no real reason.
  • Juzz
    366 posts Member
    It's human nature to complain, bit I agree that lately it has rose too much
    Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain
  • You ever play Destiny, the Bungie first person shooter MMO?

Go to those forums and then come back and say that again. Trust me you will see rainbows and unicorns in these forums with a newfound perspective on what real complaining is.
  • CazNeerg wrote: »
    "Feedback." Lol. Forums are primarily for complaints. They are in no way even remotely representative of the overall sentiments of any game's player base, and no smart developer ever assumes that they are representative. They exist to let people blow off steam and have a (largely false) feeling that they are giving productive input.

Lol. You'd make a great community manager
  • That’s because it’s the only way CG gives “customer support”. It’s where EA directs you if you have an in game issue. Then nothing gets resolved. They usually just delete the posts saying it’s against TOS to spam the developers. Right @CG_Leviathan?
  • Like any customer, if I pay money into something (I’ve refused since the Revanue fiasco) and I am not pleased with the product, you bet I’ll complain. Since I don’t have a direct line to anyone at EA/CG this is where those complaints land. I’m sure it’s the same with many people. The devs have given plenty of cause for discontent. Their handling of the game and their paying customers is why I withhold my money from them. I continue to read the forums because I find their missteps hilarious at this point. I’m only here for the schadenfreude, this company burned their bridge with me. I play because of my guild. That falls apart and the game gets deleted.
  • My solution for customer support is to always start by saying I'm trying to buy something but there's a bug on the screen. I'm F2P for SWGOH, so I'm just speaking in general terms. You'd be amazed at how good customer support is when they think you're trying to buy something.

Then it's the old bait and switch, where I tell them about the issue I'm having with their product. Usually, once a ticket has been created, they're obligated through their internal management processes to follow it to completion.

Although, truth be told, the only time I did contact EA for support they were great. They saved our guild by dropping our inactive leader and letting us rebuild. We're an original guild, so it's good for the game that a group like ours survived.
  • I play because of my guild. That falls apart and the game gets deleted.

Lol. If you're in my guild,you gotta believe I'm trying to recruit. We'll keep it together!

Seriously though, I understand guilds being the only thing that keeps you playing the game. Guilds and Rocky III avatars are the best part of the game.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Speaking of section on the forum, let's keep your recruiting to the recruiting section.
  • ClubberLangIII
    372 posts Member
    edited March 2019

That's where the Rocky III avatars make all the difference
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Speaking of section on the forum, let's keep your recruiting to the recruiting section.

Now I feel like complaining
  • And now relegated to the dungeon. Lol
  • Haha

This is like that pit that Han fought Chewie in
  • Can’t put anything negative anywhere, you should know by now
  • Haha

This is like that pit that Han fought Chewie in

C-3PO: His high exaltedness, the Great Jabba the Hutt, has decreed that you are to be terminated immediately.
    Han Solo: Good, I hate long waits.
    C-3PO: You will therefore be taken to the Dune Sea, and cast into the pit of Carkoon, the nesting place of the all-powerful Sarlaac.
    Han Solo: Doesn't sound so bad.
    C-3PO: In his belly you will find a new definition of pain and suffering as you are slowly digested over a thousand years.
  • I wonder if they'll put this thread back in general population if I take down my strategically well placed and super inspiring guild recruitment ads?

• Nope. It’s banished
  • There are no appeals or warnings when it comes to CG. It’s just what it is.
  • Oh well....at least nobody force choked me.
  • Since the admins turned this thread into a "Guild Recruitment" thread, I might as well recruit :smiley:

It's time to stop sucking at SWGOH!!!

We Might Be Giants is looking for people with real world lives who love SWGOH to join the best casual guild in the game. We make struggling players great!

WE KNOW you desperately want to improve your characters, but suffer from game crushing real life ailments. 

Do you:
    - have a job?
    - have to study for tests at school?
    - have a family?
    - need to pick up the kids sometimes?
    - have occasional business trips?
    - take the dog for walks?
    - play real human sports?
    - interact with actual people in society when needed?
    - drive your own car to work?
    - forget anniversaries then scramble for presents?

If these pesky real life problems affect you, but you STILL find a way to log in to SWGOH daily, then We Might Be Giants is the guild for you!

SWGOH's best CASUAL GUILD for daily active players. We clean out inactive players, not players with real world lives.

SWGOH's best casual guild is recruiting!
    Contact me: Clubber Lang
    Ally Code: 174-914-139
    Current stats: 40 members / 92,000,000 GP
    Or just join our guild: We might be giants