Enough Revan

Prev1
CG bring on the new meta already. This whole mirror matching of Revan is boring. You made him far too OP, keep making any viable counter useless with “fixes” and refuse to admit that again you didn’t properly test or plan Revan out. Just do everyone a favor and please stop forcing paywall characters without testing them. Even the whales and krakens are probably sick of facing Revan over and over

Replies

• Options
    It' already expected for 21st March. They are not going to rush it any more even if people keep posting the same complaint 10 times a day.
  • Options
    Honestly Revan is an exceptionally fun character to play. And I can't wait for CG to bring out a solid counter. The rock paper scissors is coming back mate. Take it easy, be patient. You say CG must test their characters more before release in the same breath as rushing them to release something. Something is coming. Just enjoy the ride. And remember, it is a game. Its there to be enjoyed and to have fun. If you aren't having fun you are doing it wrong.
  • Options
    There is nothing wrong with Revan. He is just the first triple zeta where they actually designed other characters specifically to synergize well with him. That's how all the triple zetas should be, they need to rework the Rebel and Resistance factions to synergize better with CLS and JTR, and they need to make sure all future triple zeta character releases have synergy on par with Revan's.

It's bad that almost the whole meta is one character, but it's a temporary problem that will be solved by them applying the superior design philosophy behind Revan to all other triple zetas. And yes, squads with great synergy and triple zeta leads should be 100% of the meta, it should just be a mix of multiple TZ leads, not all one.
  • Options
    Revan isn't the problem. It's Jolee
  • Options
    please kill the Meta with someone not named Revan. then all well get is resurgance of Darth revan and not have anything really fixed at all.

So what you are saying is that your problem isn't with the meta being dominated by a single character, it's with the meta being dominated by Old Republic characters, even if there are more than one? So it's not really about balance at all, but just about dislike for a particular part of Star Wars?
  • Corrog
    308 posts Member
    Options
    Bring on the new forum meta, this complain about Revan meta is annoying and boring. Very low effort, and not very diverse.
  • Options
    CazNeerg wrote: »
    There is nothing wrong with Revan. He is just the first triple zeta where they actually designed other characters specifically to synergize well with him. That's how all the triple zetas should be, they need to rework the Rebel and Resistance factions to synergize better with CLS and JTR, and they need to make sure all future triple zeta character releases have synergy on par with Revan's.

It's bad that almost the whole meta is one character, but it's a temporary problem that will be solved by them applying the superior design philosophy behind Revan to all other triple zetas. And yes, squads with great synergy and triple zeta leads should be 100% of the meta, it should just be a mix of multiple TZ leads, not all one.

Rebels need a rework to have better synergy with CLS? Resistance need a rework to have better synergy with JTR? I'm not sure we've been playing the same game. Those were also much better designed characters imo, specifically because they have the right amount of synergy. They work very well and are among the most powerful teams in the game, but they don't dominate everything in sight. I really really hope they do not apply the "superior design philosophy" (lol, not) behind Revan to future toons/reworks.
  • Options
    Rebels need a rework to have better synergy with CLS? Resistance need a rework to have better synergy with JTR? I'm not sure we've been playing the same game. Those were also much better designed characters imo, specifically because they have the right amount of synergy. They work very well and are among the most powerful teams in the game, but they don't dominate everything in sight. I really really hope they do not apply the "superior design philosophy" (lol, not) behind Revan to future toons/reworks.

Most of the CLS and JTR teams I have seen can be easily beaten by a Palpatine team at an equivalent GP, or even at a 10-20k deficit for the Palp team with good RNG. Squads without a triple zeta lead should not have the capacity to consistently beat properly put together squads with a triple zeta lead.
  • B0baf3tt
    182 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    CLS and JTR were absolutely dominate when released. They aren't as good but are still super strong and still benefit the whole faction as leaders.

Prerework palp didn't stand a chance
  • Options
    Revan isn't the problem. It's Jolee

Jolee is a massive annoyance, but the whole team is a problem. Only bastila that sucks
  • Options
    I just hope the next meta they test properly. I don’t believe they tested light side Revan vs light side Revan.

Maybe they did and I’m wrong.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options

Most of the CLS and JTR teams I have seen can be easily beaten by a Palpatine team at an equivalent GP, or even at a 10-20k deficit for the Palp team with good RNG. Squads without a triple zeta lead should not have the capacity to consistently beat properly put together squads with a triple zeta lead.

That's what makes the CLS team well-balanced, imo. It beats pretty much everything on offense, but is rather easy to dismantle on defense, so there's a trade-off between easy climb and bad defense. Revan team has no such flaw, it just excels at every aspect imaginable, which is imo a bad design. There are only two ways out, and neither is particularly good for the health of the game: either release something even worse, driving the power creep up to 11, or give the next meta such over-the-top anti-Jedi bonuses that Jedi teams don't see arena viability ever again.
  • Options
    The Problem with Revan teams is more, that you can't defeat it also using several teams, unless you have a Revan team on your own. (and i'm not talking about Arena)
    Before Revan flood, when you faced a strong team (in GA, TW etc.), maybe you didn't beat it on first try, but with a few teams more you did break through finally and could move on.

This "grinding" approach doesn't work with Revan teams, and only on those it doesn't work.
    Before you where able to take out every team, throwing enough teams at it, without the need to have 1 specific team.

I'm wondering with what CG will come up to change things and push up the fun factor again, because the Revan flood took away a lot of fun to be honest.
    Swiss Garde Officer, drop me a message if you're interested joining
  • Options
    I’m still shocked about Revans meta percentage being so high as it is right now.

We’ve never seen such a dominating team without a true 100% hard counter since this game was released.

I just hope the next meta isn’t as annoying to face.
  • Options
    Nauros wrote: »

That's what makes the CLS team well-balanced, imo. It beats pretty much everything on offense, but is rather easy to dismantle on defense, so there's a trade-off between easy climb and bad defense. Revan team has no such flaw, it just excels at every aspect imaginable, which is imo a bad design. There are only two ways out, and neither is particularly good for the health of the game: either release something even worse, driving the power creep up to 11, or give the next meta such over-the-top anti-Jedi bonuses that Jedi teams don't see arena viability ever again.

Or 3. Nerf revan teams, amazing for the health of the game, probably even popular at this point.
  • Options

Or 3. Nerf revan teams, amazing for the health of the game, probably even popular at this point.

It will be popular amongst the top since the next meta will be out next week and then the whales or hardcore f2p farmers will not have a counter to their teams.
  • Options

It will be popular amongst the top since the next meta will be out next week and then the whales or hardcore f2p farmers will not have a counter to their teams.

True, at this point Darth Revans kit is probably made and so OP that nerfing revan will leave DR as the new JKR
  • Options
    please kill the Meta with someone not named Revan. then all well get is resurgance of Darth revan and not have anything really fixed at all.

So what you are saying is that your problem isn't with the meta being dominated by a single character, it's with the meta being dominated by Old Republic characters, even if there are more than one? So it's not really about balance at all, but just about dislike for a particular part of Star Wars?

I'll say that. Im over Old republic... Id rather ugnaught be meta at this point.
  • Options
    Enough of all of that whining... Revan is a great character and one of the strongest in the whole Star Wars lore. He absolutely deserves the status he has in the game currently. I didn't whine and complain all the time when everyone in my arena was running CLS and my empire felt so weak (prior to Palp's rework) . Now finally a team is meta that I farmed just because of love for the characters, and turned out to become the current meta, and I love it. Mirror matching stress is a low price for the fun that I have with my Jedi team overall. Only thing that could be better was if Revan had more Old Republic and less "pure" Jedi synergy, then I'd be happy to run Mission & Zaalbar instead of Yoda & Kenobi, which would be way more epic.
  • Options
    CadoaBane wrote: »
    Enough of all of that whining... Revan is a great character and one of the strongest in the whole Star Wars lore. He absolutely deserves the status he has in the game currently. I didn't whine and complain all the time when everyone in my arena was running CLS and my empire felt so weak (prior to Palp's rework) . Now finally a team is meta that I farmed just because of love for the characters, and turned out to become the current meta, and I love it. Mirror matching stress is a low price for the fun that I have with my Jedi team overall. Only thing that could be better was if Revan had more Old Republic and less "pure" Jedi synergy, then I'd be happy to run Mission & Zaalbar instead of Yoda & Kenobi, which would be way more epic.

But he’s actually SO op it’s ridiculous. It breaks the game pal
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    Options
    Well I wouldn't expect darth revan anytime soon so unless something else drops more revan for awhile.....yawn*
  • Options
    CadoaBane wrote: »

But he’s actually SO op it’s ridiculous. It breaks the game pal

Breaks the game how exactly? Is Revan preventing you from playing the game?

Power creep. Being the best team in the game by miles. Ridiculous abilities. Everyone knows revan ruined this game by now, it’s no secret. I made a post about it that got modded into the bin, my full reasoning of how ridiculous the team is is there
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    Options
    Kokie wrote: »
    Well I wouldn't expect darth revan anytime soon so unless something else drops more revan for awhile.....yawn*

We don't know what, if anything, is coming soon. How are you more or less right than the people who think he is coming next week?

Because people have been claiming he is coming next week for the last 6 weeks and CG has given zero indication he is coming at all.....I've said all along he isnt coming at least anytime soon and it's looking more and more likely I'm right
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options

We don't know what, if anything, is coming soon. How are you more or less right than the people who think he is coming next week?

Because people have been claiming he is coming next week for the last 6 weeks and CG has given zero indication he is coming at all.....I've said all along he isnt coming at least anytime soon and it's looking more and more likely I'm right

Not really, 3/21 has been one of the debated dates for quite a while, especially since the calendar is out, and we do have some indication from CG as well, just no direct confirmation. Like Carrie ending the GG rework rundown with something about meatbags (= hint at HK-47), HK coming out of the Hawk and saying that he's ready to serve his master, plus the Gam Guard leak, though that one was probably unintentional (though it was in official footage, so who knows).
    But if he doesn't drop next week, you are probably right.